• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

I'm out of town but I'd have loved to help others get it. It's a thrill akin to doing a Raid for the first time. I was so nervous at Crota, hoping a stupid bug wouldn't mess it up when I got it :p

I still need to do VoG flawless to get true Lordship though.

I was going to message our group about this. I'm up for it, preferably Crota Normal to get it out of the way faster.

Cool! I'll throw up a message on PSN for the crew and see who wants to come join. Should be fun :D

kamicowzi

Banned
This is kind of after of the fact, but my fiancé and I would like to give Hawkian and everyone else from the VoG newbie raid last night a big thanks for the fun run.

dB Viper

HARRRDD LIGHTTT!!!! FINALLY!!!

I bought everything today. Didn't have any of the armor or Hard Light after 700+ hours. Collection = COMPLETE!!!

Deku Tree

Deku’s Destiny Hoarder Report: March. 19 Edition

Exotic armor missing Ruin Wings, The Armamentarium
I have all Exotic Weapons including three IceBreakers and three BallerHorns.

Recent Acquisitions:
Gotten March 19 2015 From HM Crota Crux of Crota and Necrochasm
Gotten March 19 2015 From HM Crota Third Ballerhorn!!!
Gotten March 13 2015 From Xur Knucklehead Radar
Gotten March 10 2015 From DS Second Red Death (Exotic Shard?)
Gotten March 6 2015 From Xur Helm St 14
Gotten March 1 2015 From Crota Thunderlord
Gotten Feb 24 2015 From Atheon Second Ballerhorn
Gotten Feb 21 2015 From Xur Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan)
Gotten Feb 13 2015 From Xur Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter)
Gotten January 28 2015 From Nightfall First Ballerhorn!!! (Cosmos got NLB but he has three Horns lolz)

Things collection:

Exotic Shards: 29
Strange Coins: 305

Hadronic Essence: 900+
Sapphire Wire: 400+
Plasteel Plating: 400+

Finally the day has come! Mask of the Third Man!

Vtp71SX.gif

The agony of the decrypting multiple exotic helmet engrams into helmets I already had or didn't want is over!

Thank you Xur! Thank you Bungie! Thank you GAF! THANK YOU WORLD!

l3lUvH0.gif

Also last but not least, Fuck you Rahool! WOOHOOO!

Congrats to everyone that's been able to finish off their exotic collection today. Unfortunately I'm still missing Lucky Raspberry and 2 weapons Xur won't sell... 4th Horseman and Nechrocasm.

phen0m24

Finally the day has come! Mask of the Third Man!

Vtp71SX.gif

The agony of the decrypting multiple exotic helmet engrams into helmets I already had or didn't want is over!

Thank you Xur! Thank you Bungie! Thank you GAF! THANK YOU WORLD!
Right there with ya Rollo! My son had sharded one because it was ugly. Lol nice to have an Infusion helm for Crota now.

With Hard Light acquired just need the Horseman (I think) for the Pokedex. ;)

High Fives grimlock... Horseman. Yeah

noomi

Deku’s Destiny Hoarder Report: March. 19 Edition

Exotic armor missing Ruin Wings, The Armamentarium
I have all Exotic Weapons including three IceBreakers and three BallerHorns.

Oh nice man! You got the Crux last night?

Sorry I didn't get to your message, passed out on the couch with the tv on and saw it this morning.

HigXx

Didn't think Id have as many Exotics as I do, just missing 5 weapons and 9 Armor

Weapons include:
Suros, SGA, Pocket Infinity Thunderlord and Dragons Breath

Ghazi

You guys better be happy, since I got both Apotheoisis Veil and Hard Light from the Nightfall this week, Xur is selling them!

Deku Tree

Oh nice man! You got the Crux last night?

Sorry I didn't get to your message, passed out on the couch with the tv on and saw it this morning.

Yup it was a good RNG night. I got the Crux and a Third Horn and a third and fourth Fang. I was going for three of every CE Raid weapon (one on each toon) and now I have it.

Officially I have all possible loot from the CE raid now. And I have every duplicate that I was looking for...

blazeuk

2nd Gjallarhorn finally fully upgraded, just 1 more to go (which only has 2 more bubbles left). I probably could have happily went on just moving one of them between characters but it took me so long getting them that I don't want to turn them into shards!

Never got the Crux or Light of the Abyss this week though so I'm waiting on those to complete a fully upgraded raid set.

gio78

Neo Member
I'm a 27 titan with 14 strange coins. Should I get the Stand Asides or save my coins? I don't have any other characters to buy gear for. This is my first time I can get something from Xur. Not sure if they are worth snagging. Here is my current loadout - https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018428857395/2305843009216393216

I'd keep my coins for next week if I were you...
Don't you have any motes to gamble for the helmet engram since you are only wearing a blue? Even if it decrypts to hunter/warlock it's a "free" shard

Tendo

I'd keep my coins for next week if I were you...
Don't you have any motes to gamble for the helmet engram since you are only wearing a blue? Even if it decrypts to hunter/warlock it's a "free" shard

I have 20 motes of light. What do you mean by gamble? I'm new to endgame and not a very clever man.

Arrrammis

Does anyone want to get a banner train going or does anyone have a normal gatekeeper cp that I could grab to glimmer farm?
PSN:Arrrammis

Holy Shit, On the winning IB match that puts me at rank 3 I get a Gheleon's Demise with fucking Firefly. I am so happy.

Final round is the other perk, meh, No Outlaw, but Flared Magwell puts it at max Reload. This is a keeper.

gio78

Neo Member
I have 20 motes of light. What do you mean by gamble? I'm new to endgame and not a very clever man.

You buy one engram from Xur for 23 motes of light. BUT you have to take it to that bastard Rahool (The Cryptarch) and it will decrypt to either a Titan, Hunter or Warlock helmet.
So, it's sort of a gamble, but motes are kinda useless (unless you play Iron Banner and want to reroll weapons you buy there)

Impala26

The Exotic Engram that Xur sells for 23 motes, when decrypted, will yield a random exotic armor for a ANY CLASS of character.

I got Mask of the Third Man the first time I did it so the second character I started I went with a Hunter.

E92 M3

Holy Shit, On the winning IB match that puts me at rank 3 I get a Gheleon's Demise with fucking Firefly. I am so happy.

Final round is the other perk, meh, No Outlaw, but Flared Magwell puts it at max Reload. This is a keeper.

Do you drink scotch with RNG?

mamoui

I'm a 27 titan with 14 strange coins. Should I get the Stand Asides or save my coins? I don't have any other characters to buy gear for. This is my first time I can get something from Xur. Not sure if they are worth snagging. Here is my current loadout - https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018428857395/2305843009216393216

Did you run the weekly this week? I still have to run it, if you want some extra coins, i can bring you with me. Psn is mamoui0, i'll be online around 7pm eastern time.

No way. Try to get someone to take you through the first part of CE to get 36 light boots instead. Save your coins for an exotic helm.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Might jump on Apotheosis Veil. Is the Hard Light rifle really worth picking up outside of completionist purposes?
It's underwhelming. But never pass on an exotic you don't have, you never know what a buff one day could do.
You already have legendary boots- you'd be working against yourself. What you really want is an exotic helm. Looks like you're working on Defender too, so the Stand Asides wouldn't be useful at all.

Looks like I'll be one piece of armor away for each class from collecting them all now that I can buy Hardlight. 44 Stand Asides, The Bee Helm for the Hunter, and the Warlock Veil Helm.

I won't buy them though...I want keep running exotic loot locations to get them to drop.

Edit: Shit, now I'm not sure:

It's underwhelming. But never pass on an exotic you don't have, you never know what a buff one day could do.

Shirow

Banned

Here is my take on this bud, I was in the same situation as you. My first Exotic for the titan was the stand asides. They are good, nothing wrong with them other than the fact that they are leggings which most don't like as an exotic and they really don't stand out as far as stats. But they are serviceable.
Get them, they are going to be your "come up". You get more light out of them meaning you can go up in level and that will let you just work better. You should focus on that so you can do the weeklies at a higher level and get more coins and better gear drops at a higher level. Don't wait for next week xur because next week xur might suck. My 2 cents.

Not really. Seems to work well on Legionnaires, but that's about it. Ricochet is aight for tight quarters maybe.

Good points being made. I'll give myself the night to decide. Probably won't be on tonight anyway, wife had a crappy morning so I'm trying to plan an impromptu fun night.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looks like I'll be one piece of armor away for each class from collecting them all now that I can buy Hardlight. 44 Stand Asides, The Bee Helm for the Hunter, and the Warlock Veil Helm.

I won't buy them though...I want keep running exotic loot locations to get them to drop.

Edit: Shit, now I'm not sure:
You have a surplus of coins?

Dave_6

Lol, Xur sells Apotheosis Veil after I get one in a NF this week. Saved me a few coins at least. Will buy the Stand Asides to further fill my exotic collection.

Shirow

Banned
No way. Try to get someone to take you through the first part of CE to get 36 light boots instead. Save your coins for an exotic helm.

Sorry but a lvl 27 for crotas end people will avoid like the plague. Hell even for VOG people don't want a 27 these days, all that will do is cause frustration.

Lothars

Im really happy he sold both Apotheosis Veil and Mask of the third man. I bought both of them as well as the titan boots.

I am now a crux of crota away from all exotic weapons and ruin wings and armanterium as my only exotic armors I am missing.

I still kick myself for not buying ruin wings when he had them for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom