• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostburn

I won't be able to visit Xur next week if this is true :( . I want that MIDA.

On a side note, if I give a friend of mine my PSN account, would he able to log in using my account onto Destiny even though he has his own set of characters?

No one is sure if Xur is really going to sell what is listed for the next two weeks, according to the guy that has been posting the predictions something has changed in the way he's able to view Xur data and right now it is showing what he has right now for the next few weeks.

Yes he can sign in with your account and buy something from Xur for you. I did this for my brother a few months back.

ethomaz

Banned
I can help anybody in CE Crota to get better gear too ;)

BTW we can do a weekly "Sub-28 get Gears from Crota" event... needs only 3 lvl 32's (for safe) and we can help a lot of new guys.

I'm down for it anytime.

On a side note, if I give a friend of mine my PSN account, would he able to log in using my account onto Destiny even though he has his own set of characters?

Yes.

I did this for Icebreaker the week my shit was stolen.

Do it if you trust your friend. Mida is amazing.

LifEndz

I got the husk of the hive (or whatever it's called) a few weeks ago, but was drunk and didn't know what it was so I dismantled it. Shortly thereafter I got the crux, looked it up and....well, you know the rest.

Am I screwed as far as getting another husk? I think nechrochasm is the only exotic weapon I'm missing.

DestinyGaf is seriously amazing.

Go have a good weekend because next week is booked, Bloodborne and Destiny resets all in one day. Madness I tell you.

Yup same, if you need help just ask here. Most of us (Like myself) are still playing Destiny to have fun with other Gafffers and to help each other out. Very few things left to do in game besides get a lucky weapon drop or two, the community is what keeps us coming back.
Yep def agree with you guys. Frankly I am burnt out of Destiny but the only reason I still continue to play is due to the community. Perhaps some people might have notice I am posting alot less and not online as much anymore. However RL things are beginning to preventing me from being active as I use to be anymore..which means I hope someone else will save the HM gorgon checkpoint :p

Yeah I'll do it. I do scrub runs all the time. You only need three good people to get through Crota himself and you can carry a 27 the whole damn way on normal.

I feel this was a shot at me..........
I have had macello's un-mentionables in my face more often than I care to admit lol

Since when?

Gheleon seems to be cracking down on DGAF shananigans. probably for the best. I think we have grown too comfortable with community here that it might scare newcomers away.

I have had an experience in a previous board (The starcitygames general discussion board) that the mods pretty much stayed out of becuase a small group of us kinda took it over and used it as our own social space. Any noobies that came in for an actual general discussion was met with a wierd group of folks that would often scare anyone who dared to post there. probably not the best of ideas

I got the husk of the hive (or whatever it's called) a few weeks ago, but was drunk and didn't know what it was so I dismantled it. Shortly thereafter I got the crux, looked it up and....well, you know the rest.

Am I screwed as far as getting another husk? I think nechrochasm is the only exotic weapon I'm missing.

Nah. Just keep killing Swords of Crota and you'll get another eventually.

One thing that always bothered me though, legendaries have the same dismantle progress timer as greens/blues. Should be the same as exotics where it takes like 10 seconds to dismantle.

Agreed. It is a nice safety net for Exotics. Dismantling Legendaries is infrequent enough for the time to not be an issue.

Deku Tree

Yep def agree with you guys. Frankly I am burnt out of Destiny but the only reason I still continue to play is due to the community. Perhaps some people might have notice I am posting alot less and not online as much anymore. However RL things are beginning to preventing me from being active as I use to be anymore..which means I hope someone else will save the HM gorgon checkpoint :p

BB getting in the way this Tuesday?

RemiLP

Haha that sucks. I just got husk of the pit aswell and almost did the same. But i thought it was abit weird that i got a common item. Havnt seen those in ages, so i googled it first thankfully.

phen0m24

If you run the Fist of Crota mission for the "Kill 3 swords" bounty you'll get another one. I have gotten at least 4 or 5 of them that way.

BB getting in the way this Tuesday?

haha as much as I wish that was true, sadly it is not. Started up my research section of my master's so I have to make sure I know what I am doing plus I have some odd hours when I have to go into the lab :p. In addition to a neuroimmunology project for my course and other materials as well..

Edit: lolol peta hates me ;)

I have had macello's un-mentionables in my face more often than I care to admit lol

Gheleon seems to be cracking down on DGAF shananigans. probably for the best. I think we have grown too comfortable with community here that it might scare newcomers away.

I have had an experience in a previous board (The starcitygames general discussion board) that the mods pretty much stayed out of becuase a small group of us kinda took it over and used it as our own social space. Any noobies that came in for an actual general discussion was met with a wierd group of folks that would often scare anyone who dared to post there. probably not the best of ideas
yeah my aplogizes that's prob due to Todd and myself :p It won't happen again. I also blame firehawk as well haha

Ha, no. That's only when you die on hard and I call you a scrub. By scrub runs, I mean when we pull a 30 through a hard Crota kill or take a bunch of 28s, 29s through normal to get them good gear.

Also, I LIKE it when you die so I can teabag you.

as long as he has the game and access to your psn account. make sure you truely trust them thuogh

kermithefrog- never forget

Shirow

Banned
34380097.jpg
Stand aside are amazing, you can shoulder charge EVERYWHERE!!

yeah my aplogizes that's prob due to Todd and myself :p It won't happen again. I also blame firehawk as well haha

I personally find it funny. I think stuff like that turns this into an actual community of freinds as opposed to a palce where we just talk about a game we love.

Ha, no. That's only when you die on hard and I call you a scrub. By scrub runs, I mean when we pull a 30 through a hard Crota kill or take a bunch of 28s, 29s through normal to get them good gear.

Also, I LIKE it when you die so I can teabag you.

anytime lol!
owe a lot to guys like you, rawr, and drizzay. fun loving guys. why I still love playing this game.

noomi

I'll be transferring normal deathsinger/hard crota on Tuesday for people. Not sure if I'll be raiding though... first time since.... the beginning. Depends on if people want help, need people to come?

Deku Tree

haha as much as I wish that was true, sadly it is not. Started up my research section of my master's so I have to make sure I know what I am doing plus I have some odd hours when I have to go into the lab :p. In addition to a neuroimmunology project for my course and other materials as well..

Edit: lolol peta hates me ;)

Well that's obviously much more important.

LTWood12

Love seeing so many Gaffers offering to help others. Shoot me a friend request Tendo and feel free to shoot me an invite if I can ever help you with something.

stb

So Xur actually brought Hard Light. The last 2 weeks, he's brought exotic weapons I didn't have yet. Attaxur.

Unfortunately, he can't bring me any new exotic weapons, at least until fall.

My only missing exotic weapons are:
- Super Good Advice (still have't been offered this bounty)
- 4th Horseman (PS exclusive)
- Hawkmoon (PS exclusive)
- Necrochasm (have the Husk, but haven't been killing HM Crota; I'll grind out the kills once I have the Crux)

... so I'm completely at the mercy of RNG drops/bounties, at least for weapons. I do still need:
- Light Beyond Nemesis
- Obsidian Mind
- Voidfang Vestments
I'm aware he's sold VV a zillion times and LBN a few times; I didn't have a warlock until recently. Seems like he's due for an Obsidian Mind, though, and I think megaman said it was forthcoming soonish, at least before they broke his crystal ball.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Huh... haven't played in 3 weeks aside from the Nightfalls. Don't really feel that itch like I used to. Anyone else burned out and waiting on HoW, or do you think I should just muscle up and get back into it this weekend until it starts feeling fun again?
haha. no, only play if you feel like it

I personally find it funny. I think stuff like that turns this into an actual community of freinds as opposed to a palce where we just talk about a game we love.

anytime lol!
owe a lot to guys like you, rawr, and drizzay. fun loving guys. why I still love playing this game.
Haha thanks :p and I also enjoy how its an actual community within a community with a bunch of helpful people as well :)

I'll be transferring normal deathsinger/hard crota on Tuesday for people. Not sure if I'll be raiding though... first time since.... the beginning. Depends on if people want help, need people to come?
I will still help out as much as I can since I am normally awake at that hour. It just varies depending on my schedule :lol but sometimes I wont be able to do it...

I need apotheosis veil for the collection but I only have 37 strange coins at the moment. I logged in to buy stuff from xur during that time like becuase he had stuff I didnt have like HoPF didnt play for a few weeks so I didnt run any weeklies and dont really care to run this weeks either due to obvious reasons. So I think I want to save the coins for something later.

cilonen

I need apotheosis veil for the collection but I only have 37 strange coins at the moment. I logged in to buy stuff from xur during that time like becuase he had stuff I didnt have like HoPF didnt play for a few weeks so I didnt run any weeklies and dont really care to run this weeks either due to obvious reasons. So I think I want to save the coins for something later.

I really don't want to do the weeklies either, but I want both the veil and mask of the third man. I have enough coins for one, and enough motes for an engram, so here's to getting lucky.

I am trying really hard not to ask to be a tag along, almost level 24. But seriously if pugs are as bad as they have been. There will be begging for sure.

Honestly some of you need to take a step back, and take a break.

Guess what is happening right now. Spring Training, go watch a baseball game it will make you happy.

Hey guys, is anyone interested in getting the Raiding Party trophy on PS4 sometime? I probably should have tried doing it months ago lol.

I really don't want to do the weeklies either, but I want both the veil and mask of the third man. I have enough coins for one, and enough motes for an engram, so here's to getting lucky.

good luck! I blew 200 motes of light trying to get HoPF the week before xur sold it. got 5 million crests of alpha lupi instead.

I now have 13 motes left.

cilonen

good luck! I blew 200 motes of light trying to get HoPF the week before xur sold it. got 5 million crests of alpha lupi instead.

I now have 13 motes left.

I wasn't lucky. Dupe Saint-14 with worse stats than the one I have. I wanted that for months until Xur sold it.

This is inception-level trolling by Bungie.

Namikaze1

I'm saving my motes. No more cloaks, marks, and armbands. No more rerolling. I'll be saving them to spend on engrams after HoW's release.

Iceman829

SWEET! Grabbing that Mask of the Third Man and getting Hard Light too (for collection purposes). Decent Xur week for me. If MIDA comes next week, I'll have everything I want weapon wise.

You missed out on all the fun last night Guitar. I hope American Idol was well worth it.

Highlights of the evening:

Random level 29 that took your place kept trying to capture A on Blind Watch
Dark Orchid amassed a space fleet
misterthirsty gave us a solid 4.0 k/d averaging 4 kills a game
We shut down the other gaf squad in our final match for the night. Sorry fellas!
Not Really :p

Thanks to everyone who joined up last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom