• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamoui

Sorry but a lvl 27 for crotas end people will avoid like the plague. Hell even for VOG people don't want a 27 these days, all that will do is cause frustration.

I'm pretty sure he can find someone here to solo it for him. Up to the bridge anyway.

Frostburn

Sorry but a lvl 27 for crotas end people will avoid like the plague. Hell even for VOG people don't want a 27 these days, all that will do is cause frustration.

If you are playing on PS4 a group of gaffers wouldn't mind. We've done it before, even for Crota himself. Heck we've taken level 28s into HM Crota and killed him before.

bosseye

I'll grab Apotheosis veil. May as well, I seem to be collecting Warlock Helmets at the moment and I rather like the look of it

Already have Hardlight (lucky me!). Not sure I'll bother with the engram

I'm a 27 titan with 14 strange coins. Should I get the Stand Asides or save my coins? I don't have any other characters to buy gear for. This is my first time I can get something from Xur. Not sure if they are worth snagging. Here is my current loadout - https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018428857395/2305843009216393216

In our raid group we have taken a random from the tower through VOG before and I think Crota it was fun to be honest added something new to it.

If you need going through some and we have an open spot over the weekend i'm sure you could get in on the action dude

blazeuk

If you're talking about random LFG websites you're right I wouldn't even bother but plenty of groups form on GAF with people willing to carry 27's through CE. Normal raid is not that difficult for most regulars so they can carry a few under levelled players and still get through it. Personally I'd do that over spending coins on the boots, they're one of the weaker exotics for the Titan.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Stand-Asides are hilarious because the first time he sold them they were a 150 roll. I guess we've seen both the high and the low on boot stats.

I'm a 27 titan with 14 strange coins. Should I get the Stand Asides or save my coins? I don't have any other characters to buy gear for. This is my first time I can get something from Xur. Not sure if they are worth snagging. Here is my current loadout - https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018428857395/2305843009216393216

If Tendo's on PS4 I'll solo the lamps in CE to try for at least one drop. Haven't really tried soloing the bridge though.

Shito

Apparently the XUR tables have changed.

Next week is MIDA but THUNDERLORD is now May 8th.
What's the data-mined release date for HoW again?
Isn't it the reset just after this Xur?
Would mean they would be using Thunderlord to create a bit of hype / people coming back just before it releases...

Defyler

Thought's on this jolders hammer roll?

Aggressive ballistics

Rangefinder

Perf. Balance / field scout / quickdraw

Feeding frenzy.

normal crota is not hard anymore pople solo it regulary now and ive been in groups where it was 4 manned. taking a 27 through is not unfeasable or even remoetly frustrating.

edit: also tendo, stay away from the stand asides. you do not want it for your first exotic armor. you really wanta helm. wait a week or so and get a better one. there are plenty of gaffers that will help you get raid gear. you dont want them or need them.

Yeah I'll do it. I do scrub runs all the time. You only need three good people to get through Crota himself and you can carry a 27 the whole damn way on normal.

I've got a good bit of coins, but I still don't know about how I feel on the stand asides. Veil is getting bought, but anyone got any feedback on the legs?

Shirow

Banned
I'm pretty sure he can find someone here to solo it for him. Up to the bridge anyway.

If you are playing on PS4 a group of gaffers wouldn't mind. We've done it before, even for Crota himself. Heck we've taken level 28s into HM Crota and killed him before.

If you're talking about random LFG websites you're right I wouldn't even bother but plenty of groups form on GAF with people willing to carry 27's through CE. Normal raid is not that difficult for most regulars so they can carry a few under levelled players and still get through it. Personally I'd do that over spending coins on the boots, they're one of the weaker exotics for the Titan.

That's good and all and yeah, that can happen. I'm always one to go with the sure thing thou, not doubting gaffers generosity but the whole "yeah someone will do it for you" thing ain't 100% as saying "I can do that for him". Some here wait for a newbie run for that and EVEN if you did run the raid....you couldn't guarantee something will drop. My first 2 full Crota Raids nothing but Shards dropped for my titan and then 2 pieces did on the third try.

Defyler

Think I'll keep that roll. Tough to know without having used jolders if you'd want persistence or counterbalanced to help with that lower stability.

So does anyone know if you get a reward package for reaching rank 3 with factions? Trying to get all my characters close to leveling multiple factions before the great Bloodborne exodus.
Thanks, Orthogonal.

Shirow

Banned
4ece3c35602e92d675611988d34b6cf387ca16b28de207f5c46be304bc583195.jpg
Yeah I'll do it. I do scrub runs all the time. You only need three good people to get through Crota himself and you can carry a 27 the whole damn way on normal.

That's what I'm talking about. =)

LifEndz

Might jump on Apotheosis Veil. Is the Hard Light rifle really worth picking up outside of completionist purposes?

I maxed it out before using it (as I do with most exotics) so I can experience everything it can do right away. You might want to do the same if you get it. Why? Because Hard light kicks like a motherfucker when it's fresh out the box. Once you get through the trees it's somewhat stable, but still not something you'd use for mid range play.

As is they've nerfed auto rifles so much that I only break it out during raids. It sounds and looks like the plasma rifle from Aliens, which is amazing to an 80s baby like me. Love having it, but when I got a second one I broke it down as its def in the "I only need one of these" category of weapons.

Pickman

Huh... haven't played in 3 weeks aside from the Nightfalls. Don't really feel that itch like I used to. Anyone else burned out and waiting on HoW, or do you think I should just muscle up and get back into it this weekend until it starts feeling fun again?

Tendo

Did you run the weekly this week? I still have to run it, if you want some extra coins, i can bring you with me. Psn is mamoui0, i'll be online around 7pm eastern time.

I already did the lvl 24 one and will be gone all weekend after 5 (if the weather doesn't get worse) but I do play almost every night. I'm tendo101 if I don't get to add you first.

RemiLP

In CE, do i have to do eaay mode before hard mode to be able to get loot in easy? Or can i do hard then easy, and get loot for both?

mamoui

I already did the lvl 24 one and will be gone all weekend after 5 (if the weather doesn't get worse) but I do play almost every night. I'm tendo101 if I don't get to add you first.

OK. We can do it monday then, i should be there. We can go up to the bridge on CE as well. Adding you now.

Tendo

You guys are the raddest. I ask a question and get a ton of offers to help me out. I hate that I'm going out of town this weekend now! haha. I'm tendo101 - I play 2-3 hours every weeknight if anyone wants to join me.

E92 M3

It's unfortunate that that way we view exotics and how Bungie views them are two different things. For us, they should be powerful, rare and very unique. Bungie wants them to be just unique with a dose of moderate rarity. The views need to align. I think Bungie needs to design them towards our wants.

noomi

Ouch, wish the dismantle process was a little more robust.

Same, there was an idea floating around once to flag certain items as non-dismantable. Would be great to have something like this, I've come close a few times....

One thing that always bothered me though, legendaries have the same dismantle progress timer as greens/blues. Should be the same as exotics where it takes like 10 seconds to dismantle.

So is Hard Light the second-worst exotic right now?

I love its aesthetics, but it's a pea shooter, Jim.

Not as bad, but it's up there. No land beyond, nechrocasm, monte, 4th horseman and hard light are some of my least fav exotics at the moment.

Put me on that list as well. Abyss is a one man job that takes 5 minutes. The bridge can be soloed easily, but could take a couple of tries with one, so I'd put that encounter at two who know what they're doing just for expediency. Then I'd go with three for DS and Crota, just to really wreck it and get it over with.

That means:

Abyss - 5 slots for 27's
Bridge - 4 slots for 27's
DS and Crota - 3 slots for 27's

You guys are the raddest. I ask a question and get a ton of offers to help me out. I hate that I'm going out of town this weekend now! haha. I'm tendo101 - I play 2-3 hours every weeknight if anyone wants to join me.

I will also add you. I dont mind carrying you thro CE to help you get better gear. Its pretty easy to carry 3-4 people thro the raid honestly :p

Frankly I will say you need only 2 level 32 who are not scrubs :p. 1 person running the sword, and another doing DPS with gjallarhorn or whatever.

Shirow

Banned

Sure thing, I'ma add you then. Enjoy your weekend.

DestinyGaf is seriously amazing.

Go have a good weekend because next week is booked, Bloodborne and Destiny resets all in one day. Madness I tell you.

Ryck

Psn: Ryck007

Give me a few hours and I'll run you through the first two parts of Crota's End. Hopefully you will get atleast one armor piece.

SWEET! Grabbing that Mask of the Third Man and getting Hard Light too (for collection purposes). Decent Xur week for me. If MIDA comes next week, I'll have everything I want weapon wise.

Frostburn

Yup same, if you need help just ask here. Most of us (Like myself) are still playing Destiny to have fun with other Gafffers and to help each other out. Very few things left to do in game besides get a lucky weapon drop or two, the community is what keeps us coming back.

Lnkn52

SWEET! Grabbing that Mask of the Third Man and getting Hard Light too (for collection purposes). Decent Xur week for me. If MIDA comes next week, I'll have everything I want weapon wise.

I won't be able to visit Xur next week if this is true :( . I want that MIDA.

On a side note, if I give a friend of mine my PSN account, would he able to log in using my account onto Destiny even though he has his own set of characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom