• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroMG

Probably already posted but...

I totally want one of these. Might have to order one for my birthday. Actually, I've seen a few places that make replicas of the Hunter Knives, which I've thought about getting to put on the wall in my office/game room, since Hunter was my first class.

He's holding up Defiance as a better shared world shooter than Destiny? Did I cross over into the Bizarro universe and not notice?

I probably wouldn't be able to do this until later in the day on Sunday, like around 4PM EST, so maybe count me out.

I'm sure there will be other flawless runs happening eventually...maybe...right?

psn is kreepmode though.

I could probably make 4pm est work if we got a group together.

psn captscience

Frenden

Banned
Looking to do HM VoG this morning. I have an Atheon CP, but would ideally like to go from Templars. Or the whole thing.

Worst case, a quick Atheon drubbing.

PSN Frenden

Wallach

http://www.play-mag.co.uk/features/why-destiny-is-done/ Posted on the 14th of this month.

Does this fool not know of the changes at hand? The corrections they have taken the time to make with HoW? Bad bad writing, I would have agreed with this if this was written back in January.

That is one of the most pathetic articles I've read in a long time. It's basically a forum shitpost labeled as a "feature" (aka a grown up having a tantrum).

TheOddOne

- Polygon: Destiny's Gjallarhorn is everything wonderful and terrible about the game
And it separates the game into arbitrary classes of haves and have-nots. Fights like hard-mode Crota have such low margins for error that many raid groups don't want to invite anyone without a Gjallarhorn, so dedicated, skilled players are being passed over for invitations to raid groups because they haven't gotten a lucky drop that increases their damage by a third in critical situations.

And tying extremely good gear to extremely rare drops is frustrating. Even World of Warcraft, the entire premise of which is a gear grind, stopped tying legendary equipment to low-drop-rate items years ago.

But if the Gjallarhorn weren't so rare, it would be just another gun that everyone has. And if it weren't so good, it wouldn't be so memorable or so satisfying. There's probably nothing more exciting in this game, or in most others, than seeing that thing pop up on your reward screen. And it feels great to send that rocket screaming toward a boss, and then to see the wolfpack rounds loop around to blast it again.

So if you're wondering why Destiny players complain so much about the game, yet still keep playing it obsessively, look no further than Gjallarhorn. It's the best and worst of Destiny, wrapped up in one beautiful golden package.
Black Hammer is my Ballerhorn.

One more Nightfall. (ps4)

EDIT: Just got the message "Game World will reboot soon".

Is the Patch coming today?
Yes. According to their twitter you won't get kicked from activities but will need to go back to the title screen to install the update.

@BungieHelp said:
@BungieHelp: Patch 1.2.0 goes live today! You will need to return to the title screen to take the update. Players will not be kicked from activities.
https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/599204507025715201

nOoblet16

If you don't have a CE helm with Infusion MoTM does the job. :)

I was talking about PvP though.

Hungering Blade (regen health on kill) is a PvP requirement imo. I like MotM for the extra super energy and the intellect. Hunters have lots of good PvP exotics of course.

I never run Bladedancer these days, used to do it at the start but gunslinger all the way cause I love my throwing knife, Incendiary grenade, exploding golden gun and the range.

black stig

Neo Member
I could probably make 4pm est work if we got a group together.

psn captscience

That's 10pm UK, which I can do. Would need to start at 4pm EST sharp though!

1. black_stig
2. ThingontheFloor
3. Rollo Tomasi (kreepmode)
4. captscience

Plenty of talk about Crota being easy. Join us for a flawless run!

stb

Anyone know if you can transfer armor/weapon cores between characters, and thereby run one character through the higher levels of PoE stuff to level up your alts with "hand me down" cores?

Patch hype! C'mon where are those notes!?

- ghallahorn wolf pack rounds now deal one point of damage each
- outlaw and firelfy perks are now changed to "has a chance"
- auto rifles have recieved a 35% decrease in damage becuase people are still using them in crucible. "seroiusly, what do we have to do to make this weopon type non existant"
- Thorn DOT now does 10 points of damage and will be persitnant until the target dies.
- ward of dawn with helm of st-14 equipped will blind you as well.
- all eneimes will have shields in the nightfall activity and we are removing Burns from modifier table.

That's 10pm UK, which I can do. Would need to start at 4pm EST sharp though!

1. black_stig
2. ThingontheFloor
3. Rollo Tomasi (kreepmode)
4. captscience

Plenty of talk about Crota being easy. Join us for a flawless run!

Are you guys full? I would love to get in on this :)

Psn: thenal84

Deku Tree

Anyone know if you can transfer armor/weapon cores between characters, and thereby run one character through the higher levels of PoE stuff to level up your alts with "hand me down" cores?

probably but only one piece of armor is for sale each week.

Skele7on

Banned

Yes you can. Gear is specific to class, but upgrade mats can be transferred, not entirely sure what new gear turns into now, cores or shards, didn't get to try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom