• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

Is Knucklehead Radar worth it in Crucible compared to the likes of Mask of the Third Man or Achloyphage Symbiote?

I use it. If I went gunslinger I think I'd use Symbiote instead.. but as a bladedancer it's too good for the radar.

Edit: top of page masterclass
V7Yuxbb.gif

I can't wait until Tuesday to finally turn in these engrams I've been saving to level Cryptarch post-patch. I have 127 blue and 7 purple engrams between my vault, postmaster and 3 characters. Shuffling stuff around to make room has been a pain, heh.

noomi

Is Knucklehead Radar worth it in Crucible compared to the likes of Mask of the Third Man or Achloyphage Symbiote?

It's the lesser of the two IMO, but still pretty useful.

You can always use the fang or mida to get the radar while aiming down the site.

WipedOut

I can't wait until Tuesday to finally turn in these engrams I've been saving to level Cryptarch post-patch. I have 127 blue and 7 purple engrams between my vault, postmaster and 3 characters. Shuffling stuff around to make room has been a pain, heh.

I'm pretty sure you can turn them in now and just leave the packages in the vault. The engrams in the packages haven't been rolled yet.

PuMa

I'm pretty sure you can turn them in now and just leave the packages in the vault. The engrams in the packages haven't been rolled yet.

I was wondering about this. Some people were saying that saved packages will still only roll old stuff. Has there been any confirmation?

Nuszka

Does anyone have a view spare minutes to help me out with Xyor. I sharded my last Thorn and i just want to have the bounty completed and ready to turn in after HoW lunches.

nOoblet16

I don't even see what's so great about Mask of the third man, the only PvP perk it has is the one that makes it use less super energy. You can always pick the perk that extends duration of arc blade with each kill and that would be more than enough.

Impala26

Pretty much confirmed in my head that whatever Xur's selling a particular week, there's an increased chance of those exotics to drop that same week.

For me personally:

Last Word dropped on NF... Xur then sold Last Word that week.
Knucklehead Radar dropped last night on NF... Xur's selling KR right now.

And of course it seemed to rain Thunderlords for everyone last week before he sold it.

I don't think my typical crew will be playing HoW. Feels bad man.

But my Titan and Warlock are ready, so there's that. I'm hype as fuck, and I never even got that Crux of Crota. Bye bye, CE. You gave me everything, but mostly you gave me Word. I'm OK with that.

phen0m24

I don't even see what's so great about Mask of the third man, the only PvP perk it has is the one that makes it use less super energy. You can always pick the perk that extends duration of arc blade with each kill and that would be more than enough.

If you don't have a CE helm with Infusion MoTM does the job. :)

ich00

God I love it when I beat a cocky motherfucker.

This pretty much. I'm not a grea cruible player by any means, however someone last night was trolling with his NLB and teabagging after kills. Out came my own NLB with a side of Necrochasm to shut him up. Felt good.

Want to try Crota HM for the first time tonight. Hope there'll be some good DestinyGAF sherpas around. :D

I want to surprise my little brother when he gets home from vacation today with a HM Crota kill (already got him his first Vex and Ice Breaker this week). His character is 31, so if we can find a good group and swordninja I'd be in to get this done with you.

Hungering Blade (regen health on kill) is a PvP requirement imo. I like MotM for the extra super energy and the intellect. Hunters have lots of good PvP exotics of course.

WipedOut

It's more of a PVE exotic:

Mask of third man
Bladedancer loadout - Showstopper; fast twitch; Fleet footed; Encore.

You can bladedance for days on omnigul when hive come in first room and destroy the waves of them in the last room. Makes playing that strike almost bearable.

The only thing left to do is max my marks and store a bunch of 5k bounties.

Also

Apotheosis viel!
Thats it, i have officially cuaght them all.
Poke master status is mine

WipedOut

http://www.play-mag.co.uk/features/why-destiny-is-done/ Posted on the 14th of this month.

Does this fool not know of the changes at hand? The corrections they have taken the time to make with HoW? Bad bad writing, I would have agreed with this if this was written back in January.

Destiny is to first-person shooters what Watch Dogs was to third-person action games. Great mechanics and good intentions which are ruined by idiotic ideas and rushed execution.

Do you remember when we used to sink hours, evenings and weekends into videogames because they were fun? Destiny has ensured that we forget those days and instead sacrifice all of our time to the Altar Of Unsatisfactory Grinding. All hail the almighty Cryptarch and his masochistic love of rendering our time wasted, bow down before Xur and his unearthly love of Strange Coins. Bungie is incapable of changing or fixing Destiny for the better, because it itself sacrificed its soul to Activision in an effort to go rogue from Microsoft.

Destiny still has a severe lack of content – that is just a straight-up fact. Even now, more than six months after launch, it’s abundantly clear that the game wasn’t finished – not by full retail release standards, at least. Bungie conjured and unleashed a bleak illusion with Destiny that other publishers will now try to replicate for years, and why wouldn’t they? Bungie has cleverly taken a handful of woefully pedestrian story and Strike missions, and successfully dragged them out over hundreds of hours of gameplay. All because you are locked into a slow-burn, badly designed leveling system and the promise that it’ll be worth it eventually.

But can you honestly say that you’re still enjoying the ceaseless repetition, the maddening upgrade system, the disastrously shallow set of missions and the horribly exclusive expansion? If you are, then you’re either a liar or a lunatic, because I’d wager my bank of Radiant Shards that you are just enjoying something you can play with your buddies. Here’s the kicker: even Fuse was fun with friends. All you’re doing now is contributing to prolonging the lifeline of a game that should have died a month after launch. But Destiny wasn’t designed to be a great game; it has been designed to force you into a cycle of sinking time into something that offers nothing in return. And to get you to willingly sink more cash into, under-developed DLC drops – sorry, expansion packs – releasing at an alarming rate, of course.

Bungie knows this. Hell, the studio – so confused by its own loot system and end game – had you re-level all of your Exotic items barely three months in: that isn’t iterative, it is exploitative. If World Of Warcraft had pulled that shit on its players, it wouldn’t have just celebrated its tenth anniversary. The Dark Below is so underdeveloped and rushed that players were able to decimate Crota, the game’s toughest enemy, by pulling out a bloody LAN cable. That isn’t a clever hack you’ve discovered, that’s some serious SOCOM II, 2003-era of online gaming oversight right there.

If you’re playing Destiny for the sake of it, stop. Want a great shared-world shooter? Play Defiance. Want an awesome MMO on your PS4? Play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Want a killer FPS? Dig out Killzone Shadow Fall. If you’re looking for a game that blends all of those together appropriately, give Destiny three or four years. Because right now, the game is offering some seriously negative vibes, and that isn’t likely to change. It’s a game without a soul, devoid of interesting hooks or fun past the first run through its content. There used to be a time when we’d bemoan games that launched so broken and unfulfilling that players were forced to find ways to destroy the loot system and glitch the handful of bosses to death within seconds to keep them fun. Now, we celebrate them. I worry about what that says about the quality of games the industry as a whole is producing.

1. black_stig
2. ThingontheFloor
3. Rollo Tomasi (PSN?)
4. captscience (PSN?)

I'm in the UK, so EST + 6 hours. Earlier (for you) the better for me.

I probably wouldn't be able to do this until later in the day on Sunday, like around 4PM EST, so maybe count me out.

I'm sure there will be other flawless runs happening eventually...maybe...right?

psn is kreepmode though.

patchday

Oh nice Xur brought in Apothesis Veil. Will come in handy if I ever finally delete one of my duplicate titan to make a Warlock.

Hm, I see there was some kinda patch but weapons still locked at 331.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom