• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

cilonen

Just a further note of caution fellow guardians...

Remember when they introduced the Exotic Shard system the week before TDB and everyone used all their shards maxing lv300 exotics only to find out a week later they needed those shards to upgrade to lv331 new maxed exotics?

I think Bungie have been a lot better this time, but I'm holding all my resources and mats until HoW actually unlocks next week in case there's some wrinkle in the systems we've not uncovered yet.

I want to surprise my little brother when he gets home from vacation today with a HM Crota kill (already got him his first Vex and Ice Breaker this week). His character is 31, so if we can find a good group and swordninja I'd be in to get this done with you.
Awesome!
I'll be online starting 20h CET (2pm ET / 11am PT).
I'll post the usual raid call here (1. 2. 3. ...) .

Deku Tree

Did they remove shards and energy from NF loot table? Probably not :( I guess it's not a big deal.

Nothing about that in the patch notes, np it they removed them from everything else so it would make sense to remove them from NF considering that ascendant stuff is useless for the new HoW stuff....

...btw my patche is stuck at 6.709 GB and downloading very slowly now... Ugh

Addendum
  • We have discovered that Legendary Engrams will drop in 1.2.0 that the Cryptarchs will not recognize
  • Hold on to all newly-acquired purple Engrams until May 19th to benefit from their upgraded decryption skillset
I'd say it's safe to assume this was obviously the hold up from Tuesday. Bungie probably scrambled to see what all it impacted, and the best course of action was to just tell the players to hold off on decrypting.

Thus the "Some players might have been effected" because finding a legendary engram isn't super common, and plenty of people go weeks without seeing them.

Obviously, it was a stealth nerf to nami that some dev was trying to slip by. >.>

Should I get Skullfort? I have Inmost Light and Saint 14 already but I want to look like a weird Renaissance member of Daft Punk.

I've bought one months ago and never used it. Ever. I can't seem to find a good build for it, and it doesn't feel like the centerpiece exotic like most builds have.

GutZ31

Nothing about that in the patch notes, np it they removed them from everything else so it would make sense to remove them from NF considering that ascendant stuff is useless for the new HoW stuff....

...btw my patche is stuck at 6.709 GB and downloading very slowly now... Ugh
Put your system in rest mode. Speeds it up quite a bit.

zewone

ZZZqZbK.jpg

PuMa

Can someone post the patch notes? I'm at work and can't see 'em!

1.2.0 : The one to pre-load House of Wolves

Destiny Expansion II will change the way we all play and upgrade our characters. Before the release of the House of Wolves, we’re deploying new code that will impact the player experience.

Weapons
Fixed an issue in which Vex Mythoclast was not respawning with primary ammunition
Fixed an issue with the Hive Disruptor perk, which now appears in the Black Hammer perk set again
Fixed an issue in which the Phantom Gift and White Nail perks would become interrupted when non-precision damage occurred from other perks
Bonus damage from other perks (e.g., Explosive Rounds, Hive Disruptor) no longer interrupts the count
Three precision hits within the time window will trigger the intended refund bonus
Fixed an issue in which the Hive Disruptor perk did not work correctly with sustained damage events (auto rifles, pulse, etc.)
Oracle Disruptor perk now triggers more often
Hive Disruptor perk now triggers more often, but does less damage per event

PVP
Salvage: Moved the first Relic to more consistently appear in a centralized position on the map
Fixed an issue that caused players to wait an excessively long time to respawn

Tower
Faction reward packages will no longer produce Shards
The Speaker will now exchange Ascendant and Radiant Materials for Glimmer and Motes of Light
Xûr will now exchange Strange Coins for Motes of Light
Commendations are no longer required to purchase gear
Commendations can now be converted to receive +250 gains in Vanguard, Crucible, or Faction reputation
Note: Etheric Light will not be made available for ascending gear until the release of House of Wolves

User Interface
Vendor Interaction Panel has been updated to support Quest chains
Vendor Interaction Panel now has better animations and fewer popping issues
Number of buffs that can be displayed on the Character screen has been increased
Inventory item stacks that have reached their highest possible count will now display gold numbers along with an alert in the tooltip that maximum quantities have been acquired

Audio
Added improved feedback for players who take damage from energy weapons

Companion
Fixed an issue in which the Mercury Grimoire card was not being awarded
Retroactively awarded the Mercury Grimoire card to players who have found the "Mercury Memory Fragment" Dead Ghost
Vendor items, damage types, and perks will now be visible on Bungie.net and the Mobile App

Technical
Addressed a crash on Xbox One that was induced when too many explosions/projectiles were generated
Fixed an issue that affected the network quality user interface
Indicators will no longer display persistently bad ("red") quality after a user's connection recovers from a temporary quality issue
The quality indicators should now always correctly reflect a user's live connection quality

*Addendum
We have discovered that Legendary Engrams will drop in 1.2.0 that the Cryptarchs will not recognize
Hold on to all newly-acquired purple Engrams until May 19th to benefit from their upgraded decryption skillset

Impala26

Umm...

1.2.0 : The one to pre-load House of Wolves

Weapons
Fixed borked Black Hammer

Tower
Faction reward packages will no longer produce Shards
The Speaker will now exchange Ascendant and Radiant Materials for Glimmer and Motes of Light
Xûr will now exchange Strange Coins for Motes of Light
Commendations are no longer required to purchase gear
Commendations can now be converted to receive +250 gains in Vanguard, Crucible, or Faction reputation

...wut?

Zoidberg

I'd wait on using commendations, there's no guarantee you will get new gear from packages so you may as well wait a few more days and use them then.

Sounds like queens wrath is back in the tower, installing now, will check in a sec.

amar212

holy shit, im going home and using all 50 commendations until I get some dead orbit goodness.

Why don't you wait for a week and get new goodness instead of the current one?

I mean, level drops can drop armor and weapons. If I were you, I would hold on until next week.

I have +140 commendations to spend and I intend to spend all of them after 19th.

I'm doing this manually. Searching for the UN and adding them in InDesign. The animation was created using Photoshop.

Ah...I was trying to bring them in dynamically using GAF id numbers to generate a link to the image. I could get each part to work individually, but nave all at once. I'll have to look into an open source alternative to inDesign.

So it really shouldn't matter if we level up our Factions/Vanguard cause theyll give out How engrams?

Nah hold off because they might give you actual weapons or armor that you'd have to ascend if you do it now but if you do it Tuesday they're automaxed. (But can also be ascended. But armor would be at a higher light level Tuesday than it would be if you got it today.)

Dave_6

Wut?

These patches are great even if just for
- faction packages not being shards
- purple engrams not being shards
- 2x crucible rewards

Agreed. No more shards from legendary engrams is fucking awesome news to me. Had two last night that turned into shards.

gunawi

Nope, you're welcome to join.

One space left on the Flawless Train! Leaving Sunday, May 17th 4pm EST, 10pm BST (other time zones are available).

1. black_stig
2. ThingontheFloor
3. Rollo Tomasi (kreepmode)
4. captscience
5. thenal84

One of you guys can run sword, right?!?
Hey... Like to join if there's a spot. I'm on GMT+1 so timing is perfect for me.

Deku Tree

So the only place to get ascendants now is VoG and dismantling old stuff? And the only place to get radiants is the CE raid? Seems like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom