• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuszka

I would assume probably around 1PM EST (2hours or so...)

Daaamn and i am going to work in 1,5h. It will be a looong shift.
Edit: In your face
YKYF3ot.gif

Anyone know if you can transfer armor/weapon cores between characters, and thereby run one character through the higher levels of PoE stuff to level up your alts with "hand me down" cores?

This might be the reason why the kept the treasure vault a secret. I have no idea if its a material or not. if its a mission item, them probably not.. I dont think its been said yet

Skele7on

Banned
This might be the reason why the kept the treasure vault a secret. I have no idea if its a material or not. if its a mission item, them probably not.. I dont think its been said yet

It's a mix of items trust me. 4 drops from level 32 if a mod wants to come and verify me then go right ahead.

Posting again for new page:

House of Wolves interview:

http://www.xboxachievements.com/new...Interview---Asking-the-Burning-Questions.html

Highlights:

You’ve said that there’s another Raid in the works and it will be arriving at some time in the future. How will that be delivered? On its own or with other upcoming stuff that you’ve got planned?

CB: We haven’t announced specifics. Only that it will be part of a future release, so that’s about as much as I can tell you.

Will there be any cutscenes?

CB: What we wanted to do is something we didn’t have in The Dark Below - a new cinematic that set up the state of the world. What is the story that’s just about to happen? Why do you care? It’s a call to action for Guardians. The cinematic kicks off the experience and really sums up the whole story. We haven’t released that yet, but it’ll be one of the first things players see when they begin the experience. I think it turned out pretty cool.

Still on the subject of weapons, House of Wolves introduces sidearms. What are they and what gap do they fill that was there previously?

DC: So the hand cannon is a very slow rate of fire, high damage pistol weapon. A sidearm is kinda the opposite of that, it’s a high rate of fire, low damage.
Are you allowed to comment at all on the rumoured Comet expansion?

CB: No.

DC: It’s called The Taken King. *starts laughing*

Alright, so you confirming that The Taken King is Comet?

DC: No.

Heheh. Okay, thanks for your time.

stb

Yup. I do it all the time with my daily public event swag.

I meant the PoE "cores" (new item type that you trade in for armor and weapons, respectively).

probably but only one piece of armor is for sale each week.

Yes you can. Gear is specific to class, but upgrade mats can be transferred, not entirely sure what new gear turns into now, cores or shards, didn't get to try that.

Even with only one piece available, it just means you could theoretically transfer the cores around and get new stuff for all 3 characters having only run the levels of PoE once each week.

I genuinely hope this is the case, because it makes actually doing PoE weekly more reasonable. There was no way in hell I was going to run 3 characters through all the PoE content every week.

Mmm... yeah. Mission items. Seems fairly likely, given that the IB tokens are mission items. Crap.

black stig

Neo Member
Are you guys full? I would love to get in on this :)

Psn: thenal84

Nope, you're welcome to join.

One space left on the Flawless Train! Leaving Sunday, May 17th 4pm EST, 10pm BST (other time zones are available).

1. black_stig
2. ThingontheFloor
3. Rollo Tomasi (kreepmode)
4. captscience
5. thenal84

One of you guys can run sword, right?!?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
My new tattoo got cancelled and so will be unfinished for another week :-(

But that means more destiny! I've had the shakes today and a runny nose.

Anyone know if you can transfer armor/weapon cores between characters, and thereby run one character through the higher levels of PoE stuff to level up your alts with "hand me down" cores?

Yes you can. Gear is specific to class, but upgrade mats can be transferred, not entirely sure what new gear turns into now, cores or shards, didn't get to try that.

Great. Transferable cores and the vendor only selling one armor piece a week means there's very little reason to keep 2 characters of the same class.

I'll be scrapping my second Warlock for a Hunter as soon as I hit 34.
Tuesday night?

OP updated with new GLord list and awesome animated header, courtesy of Lnkn!

Congrats to our newest Lords Akiyama_AE, Schwabe, Flying Toaster, irrotational, ThingontheFloor, and everyday math. Also thanks for their patience in having to wait a few days to get updated onto the list.

Skele7on

Banned
Great. Transferable cores and the vendor only selling one armor piece a week means there's very little reason to keep 2 characters of the same class.

Tuesday night?

with how it spaces out it's entirely possible you can get one character to level 34 on the Tuesday. but RNG gonna RNG.

Pro tip!

Do the 32 POE as soon as you can. from there you can then do a nightfall or the 34 strike.

LTWood12

I meant the PoE "cores" (new item type that you trade in for armor and weapons, respectively).

Even with only one piece available, it just means you could theoretically transfer the cores around and get new stuff for all 3 characters having only run the levels of PoE once each week.

I genuinely hope this is the case, because it makes actually doing PoE weekly more reasonable. There was no way in hell I was going to run 3 characters through all the PoE content every week.

Tuesday night?

As Science said, since there's only one piece of armor for sale each week, it's not going to really benefit you to transfer the cores over (assuming they even are transferrable).

Won't be 34 day 1, but most of us will be 33 I'd wager. Someone will get lucky w/ a Nightfall possibly and have enough EL for 34 though I'm sure.

It's a mix of items trust me. 4 drops from level 32 if a mod wants to come and verify me then go right ahead.

So you have to "build" the cores? Are all of the ingredients end game loot? does that mean rng may give me three of part a and b, but i'll need to wait for reset, or HM to get parts c and d?

Skele7on

Banned
also I got my flawless whilst banned.

Me and iilovenoobs two manned crota.. many lols

So you have to "build" the cores? Are all of the ingredients end game loot? does that mean rng may give me three of part a and b, but i'll need to wait for reset, or HM to get parts c and d?

no core is just the name of upgrade stuff and you get a mix of items weapons cores ect.

Nope, you're welcome to join.

One space left on the Flawless Train! Leaving Sunday, May 17th 4pm EST, 10pm BST (other time zones are available).

1. black_stig
2. ThingontheFloor
3. Rollo Tomasi (kreepmode)
4. captscience
5. thenal84

One of you guys can run sword, right?!?

Sweet thanks! What clan name are you guys going to use for range trophy?

I have run sword before a few times and been successful BUT I have had deaths and wipes doing it so Idk if I could for a flawless run.

OP updated with new GLord list and awesome animated header, courtesy of Lnkn!

Congrats to our newest Lords Akiyama_AE, Schwabe, Flying Toaster, irrotational, ThingontheFloor, and everyday math. Also thanks for their patience in having to wait a few days to get updated onto the list.

You know, I really need to do that at some point.

stb

As Science said, since there's only one piece of armor for sale each week, it's not going to really benefit you to transfer the cores over (assuming they even are transferrable).

Won't be 34 day 1, but most of us will be 33 I'd wager. Someone will get lucky w/ a Nightfall possibly and have enough EL for 34 though I'm sure.

It would benefit me because it means I wouldn't "have" to play PoE with all three characters each week (assuming I get more than one of each type of core each week).

cilonen

Dammit, I've missed info about a new system somewhere. I checked Zoba's thread but didn't see anything about weapon cores and treasure vault. Is this all different to the Etheric Light upgrade path?

Sorry for going over what may be old ground, if anyone could fill me in or point me at some info that would be great.

Skele7on

Banned
Dammit, I've missed info about a new system somewhere. I checked Zoba's thread but didn't see anything about weapon cores and treasure vault. Is this all different to the Etheric Light upgrade path?

Sorry for going over what may be old ground, if anyone could fill me in or point me at some info that would be great.

Etheric Light is the release name to what I am speaking of.

rNilla

Huh, weird.

*Addendum
We have discovered that Legendary Engrams will drop in 1.2.0 that the Cryptarchs will not recognize
Hold on to all newly-acquired purple Engrams until May 19th to benefit from their upgraded decryption skillset

stb

Faction reward packages will no longer produce Shards
The Cryptarch will no longer convert newly acquired Legendary Engrams to Shards (possibilities include gear/weapons or exotics)

Thank christ.

weopon and armor cores are used to buy gear from the POE vendor. from my understanding youll get one armor core plus random drops from completing POE on 32. youll get one armor core and one weopon core from completing POE on 34 difficulty.
as far as I know, etheric light doesnt drop on 32 difficulty

ocean

Banned
Transferring Etheric Light if you get lucky is the way to guarantee 34 day one.

-Load Destiny, upgrade an Exotic to 42 using an Ascendant Shard.
-Pray to RNGsus to pull magical number for you.
-Run NF x3 (each character)

If you got 1 EL, you can bump a Legendary to 42. Boom, between that and your ascended Exotic you're now level 33.
If you got 3 by some freak RNG space magic you are now level 34 if you pool it all towards one character.

Now you run PoE as a level 33/34 and act cool because it's easier for you. Get a Armor Core. Profit. You can use it in this character or pass it to an alt who sacrificed an EL so you can have 2 characters at 33. Then run PoE with that one, get an armor core for your third alt.

1 character at 33/34 and two others at 33, day one.

cilonen

Etheric Light is the release name to what I am speaking of.

weopon and armor cores are used to buy gear from the POE vendor. from my understanding youll get one armor core plus random drops from completing POE on 32. youll get one armor core and one weopon core from completing POE on 34 difficulty.
as far as I know, etheric light doesnt drop on 32 difficulty

Transferring Etheric Light if you get lucky is the way to guarantee 34 day one.

-Load Destiny, upgrade an Exotic to 42 using an Ascendant Shard.
-Pray to RNGsus to pull magical number for you.
-Run NF x3 (each character)

If you got 1 EL, you can bump a Legendary to 42. Boom, between that and your ascended Exotic you're now level 33.
If you got 3 by some freak RNG space magic you are now level 34 if you pool it all towards one character.

Now you run PoE as a level 33/34 and act cool because it's easier for you. Get a Armor Core. Profit. You can use it in this character or pass it to an alt who sacrificed an EL so you can have 2 characters at 33. Then run PoE with that one, get an armor core for your third alt.

1 character at 33/34 and two others at 33, day one.

Thanks folks :)

Lnkn52

Love the animated ghost! Some day I'm going to pick your brain on what program you used and how you imported all of the avatars. Will they change on updates if the person has changed their avatar?

I'm doing this manually. Searching for the UN and adding them in InDesign. The animation was created using Photoshop.

Zoidberg

So this patch doesn't actually include the pvp changes, that is on the 19th. I was hoping to max out crucible marks on both toons with those changes!

The Cryptarch will no longer convert newly acquired Legendary Engrams to Shards (possibilities include gear/weapons or exotics)

GOOD GOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom