• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Queen's Wrath bounties are tough. Events happen similarly to blades of Crota, you get a 'The Wolves are on the Prowl' or something-like message. A ship appears with two Scorch Captains. Kill them and the game tells you 'The Wolves are Frenzied'. Dropships keep dropping guys off until Wolf Baroness shows up, and she can take one hell of a beating.

Gonna try the others out next.

I got the first message and then I waited around and didn't get the ship or anything... Maybe I was not close enough to the forgotten shore one...

Anyone find the chest you need to open while the Ether Key timer is active?

What?

Toa TAK

Banned
When does Nick Fury recruit Xur?

Think you're the only merchant in this world?
latest

GhaleonEB

My daughter doesn't like doing stuff like bounties solo, hopefully she can buddy up later to run them.

I was hoping to exchange shards for energies and thus upgrade a ton of weapons that are unlocked, but for which I ran out of ascendant energy, but alas. The speaker is not actually doing exchanges yet.

My daughter doesn't like doing stuff like bounties solo, hopefully she can buddy up later to run them.

I was hoping to exchange shards for energies and thus upgrade a ton of weapons that are unlocked, but for which I ran out of ascendant energy, but alas. The speaker is not actually doing exchanges yet.

Ah shit so was I

Toa TAK

Banned
Damn. Was hoping that would be the case.

I have a bunch of AShards, but I don't need them anymore. It's all about the Radiant Shards now.

Queen's Wrath bounties are tough. Events happen similarly to blades of Crota, you get a 'The Wolves are on the Prowl' or something-like message. A ship appears with two Scorch Captains. Kill them and the game tells you 'The Wolves are Frenzied'. Dropships keep dropping guys off until Wolf Baroness shows up, and she can take one hell of a beating.

Gonna try the others out next.

I can barely remember the original QW event. Does these mission occur public event style?

Wallach

What is the "Year 1" stuff about?

Back when TDB first dropped I was talking about their exotic upgrade system and how it basically erased your item from existence, which was defeating the entire purpose of some of the investment ideology in the game. Like, part of their angle here was supposed to be that when you saw another player in the world or inspected their gear, you could learn something about where they've been in the world or how long they have had them. The upgrade system implemented tanked that concept because upgrading was essentially just trading in one item for a different copy, so none of the exotics had any kind of permanence in the game world. Even if I had been the first guy to find, say, a MIDA Multi-Tool, when TDB dropped if I wanted to upgrade it, my old weapon would get destroyed and you couldn't tell any difference between mine and the person who had just received one. It was actually slightly worse with exotic armors because if we both upgraded them at Xur, we would actually be using the exact same version of the item down to the stat roll. It was doing damage to the attachment players were supposed to build with their characters.

Now you can look at an upgraded and tell a bit about where it came from, even well far forward from where we are now. It's not ideal still in my opinion, but there wasn't a great way around the damage TDB did in this respect so they lost some of their previous options. Now you'll at least be able to tell the difference between someone using a weapon they've kept with them since the first content cycle and ones that will drop later in the game's life. It'll also extend to all legendary and exotic gear, so that is a plus.

I can barely remember the original QW event. Does these mission occur public event style?

Yep, pretty much. Once the target dies, you get an 'Ether Key' effect and a message that 'A Fallen Treasure lies nearby'. I opened a chest and it contained a few rare engrams and some special ammo synth.

Ji66a-Man

I got the first message and then I waited around and didn't get the ship or anything... Maybe I was not close enough to the forgotten shore one...

What?

An Ether Key timer appeared after I killed Drevis on Forgotten Shores and Kaliks-12 on Skywatch. This message appears after you kill those targets, "A Fallen treasure is nearby."

black stig

Neo Member
Hey... Like to join if there's a spot. I'm on GMT+1 so timing is perfect for me.

Sweet! See you folks in orbit on Sunday.

1. black_stig
2. ThingontheFloor
3. Rollo Tomasi (kreepmode)
4. captscience
5. thenal84
6. gunawi

I'll send friend requests out later.

Lots of bubbles and captscience doing the ninja sword thing is what I'm expecting we'll need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom