• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Yes and no.

There is currently way to high of a supply and too little of a demand for shards. So Bungie is trying to find ways to encourage us to use them, plus reduce the amount we bring in.

Shards and Energy will still be needed to upgrade items, but hopefully you wont have a stack of a couple hundred just sitting in your vault for no reason any more.

There is no evidence of this that I have seen. Shards and energies appear to be irrelevant and un-necessary for upgrading any new HoW items.

For upgrading old items it looks like nothing at all has changed except the possibility of ascension.

LTWood12

There is no evidence of this that I have seen. Shards and energies appear to be irrelevant and un-necessary for upgrading any new HoW items.

For upgrading old items it looks like nothing at all has changed except the possibility of ascension.

You're exactly right. Gear and weapons Post HoW won't take shard or energy. Only Vanilla and TDB gear still does.

Yeah, read next week's notes as today's lol. Missed a line haha.

Ah okay, figured about the weapons. So new legendary weapons and armor from vendor won't require ass shards/energy right? What about exotics? They will still have the same costs? I am indeed waiting on buying the upgrades on a couple of them.

Your exotics won't change. We don't know yet if we'll be getting 331 base damage versions when HoW comes out, that's entirely possible, but the ones you have now will require the same materials as they do now.

Have they fixed the BLACK HAMMER!?

Yup.

Fixed an issue with the Hive Disruptor perk, which now appears in the Black Hammer perk set again
Fixed an issue in which the Phantom Gift and White Nail perks would become interrupted when non-precision damage occurred from other perks
Bonus damage from other perks (e.g., Explosive Rounds, Hive Disruptor) no longer interrupts the count
Three precision hits within the time window will trigger the intended refund bonus

Dear GAF,

I have recently come back to Destiny and really enjoying my time. I am a hair short of 27. Trying to figure out what the best way is to get my levels up. Raiding seems a great way, but I dont know anyone who plays. What's the best way to get in any kind of raid on GAF?
Post here :)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Dear GAF,

I have recently come back to Destiny and really enjoying my time. I am a hair short of 27. Trying to figure out what the best way is to get my levels up. Raiding seems a great way, but I dont know anyone who plays. What's the best way to get in any kind of raid on GAF?

Hey dude. Thread is crazy today because it's new patch day :)

There are loads of people here who are lovely and happy to raid or play whatever. The best way to do it is just to post when you're free and then hang around for about 20 minutes, you'll usually find enough people, although you may need to bump occasionally as it's probably the fastest community on GAF.

I'm hoping to raid later so would be happy for you to join, I don't know about times though.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Killing those bounty guys gives you a Grimoire card. Some random guy with a scorch cannon and me just killed the first dude.

Edit: Couldn't find the Ether key. Fuck.

LTWood12

The stat buffs on Xur's exotics are better after the patch. Skullfort has 125 Discipline instead of 90 or whatever it was before.

TheGrue

Hey dude. Thread is crazy today because it's new patch day :)

There are loads of people here who are lovely and happy to raid or play whatever. The best way to do it is just to post when you're free and then hang around for about 20 minutes, you'll usually find enough people, although you may need to bump occasionally as it's probably the fastest community on GAF.

I'm hoping to raid later so would be happy for you to join, I don't know about times though.

Cool, thanks. Did this other event kill the public events? I am trying to see if I can get the two ascendant shards I need to upgrade this helm enough to hit 27, but they're not seeming to spawn.

raindoc

Why does the new monarchy vendor still want commendations for buying stuff?
And where can I exchange mats and commendations? Neither the Speaker, nor vendors show that option?

Ji66a-Man

I turned in all of my Queen's Wrath bounties and I'm not sure if the Radiant Light bonus or having my old Queen's Wrath class item/emblem/shader was applied. Each bounty is worth 250 rep and I got 312 when I turned one in.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Cool, thanks. Did this other event kill the public events? I am trying to see if I can get the two ascendant shards I need to upgrade this helm enough to hit 27, but they're not seeming to spawn.

I'm gonna have to duck out on that as I'm at work and can't keep up with all the discussion!

All I know is that Xur is there, he has a helmet I'd like and that red death is the best :-/

More like they're patching my exotic drop rate.

If it makes you feel any better, I can't get this to go any faster at all:

FFQ6Ice.jpg

Despite the fact that I have a fucking FIBER connection...

Deku Tree

I turned in all of my Queen's Wrath bounties and I'm not sure if the Radiant Light bonus or having my old Queen's Wrath class item/emblem/shader was applied. Each bounty is worth 250 rep and I got 312 when I turned one in.

Sounds like exactly the NF bonus percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom