• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
So are the stars over people's heads ones that have or have not completed the wanted bounties. Every group I was with there was a combination of people with it and without it

Obscured

Also came across a heavy pike on Venus near the Ember Caves.

One of mates got a Treasure Key, anyone else? Or is he a big willy?

I just got one as well.

Treasure chests always seem to be outside and reasonably close to where the fight happens. Often behind something so they end up being harder to spot in my experience so far.

rNilla

Solo'd the Nightfall. I do not recommend it.

hP7zVQN.jpg

I'm really curious why they called these bounties Day1, 2, 3....etc

Seems you can do 4 bounties today, which will bring you to rank 1. Well I'm going to be busy 4 bounties x3 across my all my characters lol.

Also, even though the notes said material exchange for the Speaker, it is not available today. Probably just a mistake in the notes.

It was probably intended for the patch to come out on Tuesday and 1 new bounty would open each day. So since we're getting the patch Friday we have 4 available now.

Seems you can do 4 bounties today, which will bring you to rank 1. Well I'm going to be busy 4 bounties x3 across my all my characters lol.

Also, even though the notes said material exchange for the Speaker, it is not available today. Probably just a mistake in the notes.

The idea was to gain access to one new bounty a day, every day this week until the HoW release. Obviously the patch didn't make it on Tuesday so we're already on day 4.

Reading the patch notes - wtf? Does that mean 331?

Other than that, holy shit, are they trolling us? lmao sounds too good to be true

The reason it's not is that the material required to ascend gear is incredibly rare and hard to get (it is in line with exotic shards).

Zoidberg

Patch was supposed to come a few days ago. We should have started on day 1 only, which was Tuesday.

Samus4145

I'm not sure the chests spawn in unique locations. I'm going to run a couple more of the Venus ones which I know where the chests spawned and see. I'm guessing once you know the locations of each one it won't matter.

Where have you seen the ember caves one spawn?

Two Words

Wow, these encounters are a fucking joke. I waited 10 minutes to do the Forgotten Shores bounty. The boss just runs in circles around a rock to avoid his super shield that recharges if it shot every 3 seconds from being taken out.

Because they were supposed to start Tuesday

Gordon

Sure thing. Yeah so ANY Legendary or exotic armor or exotic can be ascended to 42 light (level 34) using etheric light and exotic shards respectively. EL will drop in Nightfalls, Prison of Elders, Trials of Osiris, and Iron Banner.

Same story for weapons. ANY can be ascended the same way to a maximum attack value of 365.
Oh yeah - just the way they worded it I thought for a moment they might mean 331.
Time to get farming these chests, PoE treasure keys be droppin''

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/362xqb/i_just_got_a_prison_of_elders_treasure_key/

rF7YWhg.jpg

How it works now is a mystery though...
Found a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISuH7JNDMaU

Does everyone at an encounter not get an ether key?

My friend got one and I didn't. I did get revived just as the final boss died though so that might be something

Holy mother of mercy this thread is super light speed. Can't remember the last time it's been this fast. HoW Hype is real. This is going to take a long time to get caught up on all these posts, lol.

My old Queen's Guard stuff updated with the patch and it looks a lot better now. Glad I kept those totally on purpose and not because they wouldn't dismantle into anything.

Also who gave Drevis Crota's shield? She wouldn't go down to 14 Gjallerhorn shots. Almost did, but survived with just a little bit of health and then fled.

LTWood12

Holy mother of mercy this thread is super light speed. Can't remember the last time it's been this fast. HoW Hype is real. This is going to take a long time to get caught up on all these posts, lol.

It feels like September & December all over again. Meanwhile, I'm stuck at the office :(

Anyone wants to do all Q bounties?
Join me! PSN: j0hnny_385.

Also, stream is on! twitch.tv/j0hnny_385

Later I'll be going for Crota HM & VoG HM.

Wallach

Okay, I can confirm there are multiple chest spawn locations per event.

The best thing you can do is just get high really and look for the light beam.

GhaleonEB

And this is just the patch. Tuesday is going to be bananas.

Speaking of which, is anyone doing a House of Wolves thread for the gaming side? One should go up day 1.

This.. THIS IS GOOD.

people at work at hyped as shit for this Tuesday and the idea of new stuff in patrol and queens bounties has everyone abuzz.

Destiny <3

Shito

What, the patch is out, AND queen bounties are available?
And here I was playing Wolfenstein all day long, silly me!

patchday

hey guys can I turn in my exotic thorn bounty now? I want it to be at the new 365 scale.

Anyone know? Bout to boot up the game but terrified to turn in this bounty to soon.

Hedera

Does everyone at an encounter not get an ether key?

My friend got one and I didn't. I did get revived just as the final boss died though so that might be something
I was actually about to ask this. I finished the 2nd encounter but didn't get the key. And it sucked cause I found the chest too...

GhaleonEB

Someone reteweeted something from @TheCryptarch to my feed. I click through and he's blocked me from following or seeing his tweets. :lol

I wonder what I did to piss him off.

Shito

What?
Purple engrams will not decode to mats anymore?
... Is this already Christmas or what?

Someone reteweeted something from @TheCryptarch to my feed. I click through and he's blocked me from following or seeing his tweets. :lol

I wonder what I did to piss him off.
Did you ban him here on GAF?
Because he was back from a ban yesterday or the day before...

Obscured

Where have you seen the ember caves one spawn?

The one I ran the fight was over where those three vandals usually spawn and the chest was on the platform right before where you enter the caves for Archon Priest Strike on the very left as you are facing that entrance.

I might get tired of these, but for now I'm enjoying it more than the Swords of Crota.

Those arc shields come back quick, but having someone with an arc shotgun seems to help a lot (right now this always seems to be me) and I'm also running striker so the combo is proving to be effective.

hey guys can I turn in my exotic thorn bounty now? I want it to be at the new 365 scale.

Anyone know? Bout to boot up the game but terrified to turn in this bounty to soon.
I think it will still drop as 331 on Tuesday and need an exotic shard to jump up to 365 anyway (in addition to the shard for the last bubble, so two), but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom