• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
The Non encoding engrams are obviously expansion 2 dlc you can't get yet. Not sure why people think they are broken.

Hedera

Well finished the bounties and actually found all chests (couldn't open one because I didn't get the key) but didn't get anything noteworthy from any of them. Will try on my other characters after dinner. This was fun!

Wallach

Ffffffffuuuuuuuuu

I need to get home!

How are the bounties?

Soloable?
If not whos up for teaming later tonight?

Yeah, very soloable. They're basically just Fallen dropship waves where the last one contains a tougher leader. I generally just shotgun them down once the other stuff is out of the way.

I wish the female body models were more representative of their class... like the hunter male and female bodies look right but the female warlock and titan both look like they need more muscle/weight - especially compared to their male counterparts.

Wallach

What does this mean? Have patrols changed in how they work?

I'm returning to the game from a decent hiatus and this is the second mysterious post I've read about patrols.

No, the first wave of each of the Wolves patrols will have a couple Captains with Scorch Cannons. They drop them when defeated and you can pick 'em up and kill stuff with them.

If you hold the fire button after you fire the projectile, it will not detonate, instead just sticking to the target and charging up the magnitude of the explosion. You can actually hold it for a long ass time if you want.

BondFancy

I'll try it again, but normally taking out the Devil Walker is a pretty good indicator as it's so easy to crit it. Three solid hits and I had to reload, it didn't give me the bonus,

Happened three times in a row on the same event.

Bungie's going to break a grown man's heart if that's true. That gun is my go to when I'm running exotic heavy.

What does this mean? Have patrols changed in how they work?

I'm returning to the game from a decent hiatus and this is the second mysterious post I've read about patrols.

There's new public events/queens bounties going on, and you can get the new weapon from PoE, the scorch cannon. It's a limited use weapon, like the sword of crota.

Lazaro

Found a citadel bounty chest.

Sat_May_16_04-49-38_UTC%2B1000_2015.png

The chest have a beacon and are bigger than normal ones.

No, the first wave of each of the Wolves patrols will have a couple Captains with Scorch Cannons..
Its been easy to jump back into the game, but its hard to understand alot of whats talked about in this thread. What are "Wolves patrols"?

Sorry to pester, but this thread moves quickly and a lot of it is hard to decipher unless you've been knee deep in this stuff the whole time. Many of the patch notes read like greek to me.

But I'm trying to figure it all out :)

There's new public events/queens bounties going on, and you can get the new weapon from PoE, the scorch cannon. It's a limited use weapon, like the sword of crota.
Ahh, OK, thanks. Looks like I'll be tackling those bounties soon enough.

cilonen

Bungie's going to break a grown man's heart if that's true. That gun is my go to when I'm running exotic heavy.

Yeah mine too :-(

Has anyone else had a chance to try out Black Hammer since the fix?

Edit: I should mention this one is maxed. First thing I did was fill the hive disruptor bubble to get rid of the green bar. I have two untaxed ones I can try.

Wallach

Its been easy to jump back into the game, but its hard to understand alot of whats talked about in this thread. What are "Wolves patrols"?

It was just introduced this morning. Basically like the Blades of Crota that were implemented leading up to The Dark Below. There are world events where a message will pop up in certain spots of Earth & Venus (currently) that give the message "The Wolves begin to patrol" or something like that, and a Fallen dropship will drop off a group of House of Wolves Fallen. If you kill these Fallen, you'll get the message "The Wolves are frenzied", and they will continue to send dropships of House of Wolves fallen, ending with a mini-boss of sorts.

The Queen's Wrath bounties send you to kill these mini-bosses. You can pick those up in the Tower currently, in the area that's normally closed off behind the bounty board.

It was just introduced this morning. Basically like the Blades of Crota that were implemented leading up to The Dark Below. There are world events where a message will pop up in certain spots of Earth & Venus (currently) that give the message "The Wolves begin to patrol" or something like that, and a Fallen dropship will drop off a group of House of Wolves Fallen. If you kill these Fallen, you'll get the message "The Wolves are frenzied", and they will continue to send dropships of House of Wolves fallen, ending with a mini-boss of sorts.
Woah, OK, I definitely missed some stuff. Will keep an eye out for these.

Impala26

The Queen's Wrath bounties send you to kill these mini-bosses. You can pick those up in the Tower currently, in the area that's normally closed off behind the bounty board.

No one's actually mentioned it but, have these outright REPLACED the normal public events, or do they function alongside them like the Blades of Crota did?

cilonen

No one's actually mentioned it but, have these outright REPLACED the normal public events, or do they function alongside them like the Blades of Crota did?

I've done a Devil Walker event in the Divide, but the timing is way off from the old routine, so destinypublicevents.com is way out of sync.

Simonnnnn

Anybody up for Crota? Got the checkpoint, hard mode! Need one Titan :)

1. ManxWraith
2. JustAddHa
3. xTrist_n
4. livplrthebest

Add me on ManxWraith :) PS4

We did the one in Skywatch and during it the enemy moved against each other and after we killed the Wolves rep, Urzok even made an appearance. It was utter chaos. They definitely haven't supplanted the public events.

Defyler

Btw. You can hit the chests multiple times. You have to leave the area and then come back in and it allows you to reopen.

Just did it at ember caves and first round got glimmer two rare engrams and synth. Went back to headlands with sparrow then back to enter within the time and reopened to get a rare and LEGENDARY engram synth and glimmer.

Impala26

No there are still regular public events.

I've done a Devil Walker event in the Divide, but the timing is way off from the old routine, so destinypublicevents.com is way out of sync.

A defend the warsat was going on at forgotten shores while the wolves appeared. so coincide

We did the one in Skywatch and during it the enemy moved against each other and after we killed the Wolves rep, Urzok even made an appearance. It was utter chaos. They definitely haven't supplanted the public events.

Wow thanks for the replies folks.

Next question, are the public events still giving out rewards/reward packages and if so do they still yield ascendant materials or are these switched to motes along with the daily heroic mission rewards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom