• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use a vanguard commendation to get vanguard rep or a crucible one to get crucible rep. If you have a faction class item on, both will go towards that faction.

They are used like consumables from your inventory.
can someone please test if it works with Queen's Wrath? if it does, i wonder if it will work with Iron Banner?

can someone give a breakdown of how this works.
collect the bounty - PICK IT UP IN THE TOWER
go somewhere on the map (does the bounty tell you where to go?) - YES IT TELLS YOU WHERE TO GO
wait for shit to happen (is this on a timer?) - YES, SIMILAR TO PUBLIC EVENT
kill waves and a boss dude - YES
pick up a key the boss dude drops (do you have to pick it up) - DON'T NEED TO PICK IT UP, YOU JUST GET THE BUFF
timer goes off and you have to find a chest - YES
open the chest get lootz (whats in it?) - ENGRAMS, ALSO PUBLIC EVENT-TYPE REWARDS
do you have to have the bounty active to get the event or the loot? - BOUNTY ACTIVE? JUST HAVE IT IN YOUR INVENTORY LIKE ANY OTHER BOUNTY

See caps above.

Has the new patch killed the companion iOS app and the Loadouts app? The companion app won't let me move anything and the Loadouts app crashes on startup ...

Here's another question regarding cryptarch packages...

All of my characters and my vault are fully packed with engrams, to rank up tge cryptarch post HoW. Can I go ahead and turn these engrams in but leave the packages alone until the HoW unlock to receive new gear?

stb

Collect bounty. Currently 4 are available.

Two each on Earth and Venus.

Go to the location mentioned on the bounty, wait for message on your screen "band of wolves roaming". Kill couple of fallen captains with scorch cannons. Grab the cannon.

Kill few waves of fallen, wait for boss to spawn and then take him down.

You get 90 seconds to search for and open the treasure chest.

Point of clarification (I think): you don't have to be doing the bounty to get the chest.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
:O

Fuck I'm stuck at work tell 7. ;__;
I'm going camping all weekend. It's gonna be awesome and beautiful and fun, but I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be itching to get home and check out the new stuff. Then HoW on Tuesday! :) :) :)

Collect bounty. Currently 4 are available.

Two each on Earth and Venus.

Go to the location mentioned on the bounty, wait for message on your screen "band of wolves roaming". Kill couple of fallen captains with scorch cannons. Grab the cannon.

Kill few waves of fallen, wait for boss to spawn and then take him down.

You get 90 seconds to search for and open the treasure chest.
Sweet, thanks for clarifying. How hard is it to find the chests? They're just placed randomly?

spyder_ur

Here's another question regarding cryptarch packages...

All of my characters and my vault are fully packed with engrams, to rank up tge cryptarch post HoW. Can I go ahead and turn these engrams in but leave the packages alone until the HoW unlock to receive new gear?

I think the assumption is that any postmaster package issued before HoW arrives will decrypt to pre-HoW gear. That's what I'm operating under, at least.

Namikaze1

Roger_vs_Shiki.png

For real doh. What's going on.
Petra is back. She got bounties to kill Wolves leaders. Leaders drop an ether key which you need to open the Ether Chest which randomly spawns in the area. You'll know which is it by the green light glowing over it. It's similar to theFang of Ir Yut targeting light. You have a minute to find the chest and open it. It drops engrams, ammo packs, mats, and on rare occasions, keys for PoE.

spyder_ur

My understanding about chests: you get the chest after killing the target, regardless of if you have (or even already did the bounty or chest). i.e. you can farm these chests by sitting around waiting for the events to happen (they happen like public events).

No idea about crucible stuff; I think everyone's got chest fever.

Hmm, looking forward to chasing some of this stuff tonight if you or others are on. I never did anything Queens Wrath related.

I think it's cool how Bungie releases these little world events before the DLCs - it invigorates the world and gets people excited.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
was debating if I should blow coins on Truth since I already got ghalerhon.
I get enough coins each week to make unnecessary purchase from Xur when I feel like it. I bought Obsidian Mind last week even though I rarely play my Warlock, for example. I'd probably buy Truth out of pure curiosity, just to try it out.

I'm going camping all weekend. It's gonna be awesome and beautiful and fun, but I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be itching to get home and check out the new stuff. Then HoW on Tuesday! :) :) :)

Sweet, thanks for clarifying. How hard is it to find the chests? They're just placed randomly?

It's easy if you have a few people with you. I can join you if you want.

Not having any luck finding the chest Im the Forgotten Shore.

I THINK THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE TO READ:

I think people posting pics is misleading. It's not in one spot, those are just possibilities. You're better off looking for the light from the chest then running around looking at places where other gaffers found it. That's a bad idea I think. You don't have enough time to check all the possibilities. You're better searching for the light.

Sincerely,
4 for 4 Chests Found

am i correct in assuming the engrams the cryptarch won't decrypt are house of wolves items?

hes acting like i have no engrams but i got some from the bounty chests

How visible is this light from the chest? Are we taking a beam shooting 10 feet off the chest into the sky?

It's not the Hatch Light from LOST but it's higher than one average level of elevation.

I actually WOULD recommend looking at the posted pictures so you can see how high up the light goes.

OK, I think I'm ready for my first Crota HM.
Call all experienced and able Guardians! :)

PSN same as GAF username. Send a friend invite, join the fireteam/party.

I'll be streaming the raid once we're up and going so all of DestinyGAF can see me in "HM School", hehehe.

1. j0hnny_385
Reposting for new page, just in case.

No takers? :(

If not, I'll join the VoG HM crew that starts in half an hour.

The biggest question I have is: Can you farm the chests by just sitting around and waiting for the "event" to restart? Since you don't need the bounty I'm wondering if this is the case.

Impala26

I get enough coins each week to make unnecessary purchase from Xur when I feel like it. I bought Obsidian Mind last week even though I rarely play my Warlock, for example. I'd probably buy Truth out of pure curiosity, just to try it out.

Gotta Ketch 'em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom