• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I feel that it would warrant a new thread since the HoW thread we have now is bogged with discussion about how much Comet will cost and what not. Having a fresh thread with the new info and patch stuff would be a fresh start.

am still not understanding what kind of thread were supposed to be posting. house of wolves isnt out yet and doesnt need a PSA for public events

RdN

Did the Queen's event with all my 3 characters, got nothing but blue engrams and mats.

Very jealous of you guys getting keys and passages.

am still not understanding what kind of thread were supposed to be posting. house of wolves isnt out yet and doesnt need a PSA for public events

A launch thread for it I suppose. The games radically different and outlining the new changes once tuesday launches will go a long way, especially since alot of them are global changes and just not HoW specific. The reveal thread just dealt with well...mostly the reveal stuff. I wont mind making it out o.o

So, if you don't have a Treasure Key you will be missing out on PoE loot? We have to grind those in advance? Hope they are reasonable to come by.

Across one Iron Banner event, players competing in Iron Banner with more than one character on the same account will receive a reputation boost for the lower-ranked characters to reach parity with the higher-ranked character more quickly

Six additional Iron Banner bounties have been added to the bounty rotation

this sounds cool

ocean

Banned
So late to the party. Anyone wanna do all the everythings 3x in about an hour? Queen hype, bounties sound hard to solo and I'd like some company :)

Rehsa

Damn I have to head out of town after work, I am missing all the fun ;_; Looks like I will be grinding Sunday when I get back. Update look awesome

Also when this thread is moving fast again, hard to keep up with it at work again, missing all kinds of good stuff

Fuck yes! New content just in time. I sure hope they don't patch the chests. I see a lot of farming in my future. I think I'll also pick up Truth depending on if it is better than Hunger of Crota.. Anyone know?

For PVP, yes. PVE? Probably not since Hunger doesn't waste your exotic slot.

Regardless, since who knows what Bungie will do to balance in the future, you might as wall just pick everything up and vault what you don't use now.

You might later.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So what's up with the crytarch not decoding some of these engrams? I got four from a chest and he won't touch two of them.

A launch thread for it I suppose. The games radically different and outlining the new changes once tuesday launches will go a long way, especially since alot of them are global changes and just not HoW specific. The reveal thread just dealt with well...mostly the reveal stuff. I wont mind making it out o.o

i know you're insisting and im not going to act like i have any authority when it comes to making them. just under the impression that we were going to put an official thread up next week and i had already stepped up to provide and maintain the info for it. its why i went a little extravagant with the reveal thread.

i might still be misunderstanding the thread you're suggesting. if it's just the launch thread/ot, i have most of that compiled with the exception of today and last week's news. if you guys can bullet point today's news and lnkn can make uodate the patch list, i can do the last banners and have the thread up tonight.

i know you're insisting and im not going to act like i have any authority when it comes to making them. just under the impression that we were going to put an official thread up next week and i had already stepped up to provide and maintain the info for it. its why i went a little extravagant with the reveal thread.

i might still be misunderstanding the thread you're suggesting. if it's just the launch thread/ot, i have most of that compiled with the exception of today and last week's news. if you guys can bullet point today's news and lnkn can make uodate the patch list, i can do the last banners and have the thread up tonight.

This topic came up last week, and I think the consensus was to just update and bump your reveal thread when any new info came out. I had thought there was a TDB launch thread, but was corrected.

I don't think it was his idea. Ghaleon actually said we should post something in Gaming for House of Wolves when it launches.

Edit:

And this is just the patch. Tuesday is going to be bananas.

Speaking of which, is anyone doing a House of Wolves thread for the gaming side? One should go up day 1.

BokehKing

Banned
Maaaaaaaan I thought this would automatically down load while at work because I had the system in standby.... Very disappointed right now

My preparing to download is stuck at 84%

GhaleonEB

I didn't know the new pike launched the bouncers on side step. Thats awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/ho7nVOM.gifv
That is super cool.

This topic came up last week, and I think the consensus was to just update and bump your reveal thread when any new info came out. I had thought there was a TDB launch thread, but was corrected.

There should definitely be a fresh thread for the DLC release on Tuesday. No one is obligated, but there should be one on the main forum. Following the "new news new thread" manta, DLC releases do also get a dedicated thread for discussion. I'll start it if I need to.

What are the other ways to get Queen's Wrath rep? It's 3k to level 2. o_0

okay i think i'm following now.

what needs to be done to the format of the other thread? the new stuff is already highlighted in the banners (i wanted to make these mobile friendly but there's too much info). the first post should also be reserved for all the patch notes

Kyne

i'm with Zoba here. Wait for the new thread.

I think it should really be pushed that most of what people hated about the game is changing in the next expansion. The grind has literally been cut in half and there are tons of reasons people who dropped the game should come back (along with newcomers starting in general).

I'm not sure what you have in mind for the thread Zoba but I hope there's a "REASONS YOU SHOULD PLAY" section that highlights all of the good/new changes. This is our chance to get DestinyGAF to grow.

I don't think I've ever seen so many people in one area in patrol this is awesome.

CFE5TRfUUAI9_YG.jpg:large

Lnkn52

okay i think i'm following now.

what needs to be done to the format of the other thread? the new stuff is already highlighted in the banners (i wanted to make these mobile friendly but there's too much info). the first post should also be reserved for all the patch notes
I'm going to have to create a new post to continue the patch notes. I'm over the character limit.

i'm with Zoba here. Wait for the new thread.

I think it should really be pushed that most of what people hated about the game is changing in the next expansion. The grind has literally been cut in half and there are tons of reasons people who dropped the game should come back (along with newcomers starting in general).

I'm not sure what you have in mind for the thread Zoba but I hope there's a "REASONS YOU SHOULD PLAY" section that highlights all of the good/new changes. This is our chance to get DestinyGAF to grow.

a Q & A section would be great. I think Hawkian would be better suited for that though.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12887

Also that change isn't till next week

Anyone experienced the Skywatch Bounty and Urzok at the same time? Was not fun at all!
We had something similar happen in Forgotten Shore, the Wolves decided to drop at the same location as a target from a public event... We killed the first wave of Wolves, killed the PE target and surrounding mooks for the hell of it and waited and waited... No more waves of Wolves spawned. Yaaaay.

Luckily it only glitched once on us, rest of the bounties worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom