• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, ascendant materials seem to no longer have a purpose, and have been phased out of possibly engram rewards and maybe nightfall rewards? Someone else will have to confirm that nightfall bit.
Haven't even done a nightfall yet (working on it) so a lot of this is still new to me, and now its all in flux. Its confusing to jump back into the game and its collection of currencies and coins and marks and commendations and shards at this point but also exciting to see them refined and changed in response to the community and to set us up for the new content.

Carn82

Do you mean this guy, Maniphage? We just ran into him.

hTj0GFJh.jpg

He's been around :)

SnakeEyes

Banned
The fact that this update goes live on a Saturday morning is bullshit.

I mean, here I am stuck at work and not able to do these bounties. PLUS, I have a stupid 30th birthday to go to tonight so I can't do todays bounties.

Lima

Black Hammer is fucked now. Used to take 6 shots to kill a yellow knight. Now it takes 5 leaving you with an unfilled mag. I may actually have to get another one now and not unlock Hive disrupter. Just like I thought.

The fact that this update goes live on a Saturday morning is bullshit.

I mean, here I am stuck at work and not able to do these bounties. PLUS, I have a stupid 30th birthday to go to tonight so I can't do todays bounties.

I actually like it when I have a light workload. I was exhausted from doing Crucible so much yesterday and last night.

Hey my Birthday lines up pretty close to House of Wolves too :D. Congrats!

Is there any worthy loot to grind these new chest for? I just don't see why I would want to.

Treasure Keys for PoE, Passage Coins for ToO or even Legendary Engrams that you can decrypt after HoW drops for legendary/exotic weapons and/or armor. Also, lots of free syntheses and blue engrams that you can break down for class mats. These chests are the new loot cave.

TheOddOne

Black Hammer is fucked now. Used to take 6 shots to kill a yellow knight. Now it takes 5 leaving you with an unfilled mag. I may actually have to get another one now and not unlock Hive disrupter. Just like I thought.
What is the deal with this? I heard somebody complaining about it last week but was confused as to what the issue is.

Lothars

What is the deal with this? I heard somebody complaining about it last week but was confused as to what the issue is.
I think he would prefer to kill with 6 shots for he gets the ammo back instead of being left with 1 shot in the magazine.

I am the opposite and prefer to kill with 5 than.

CLBridges

So, it's no limit to the amount of times you can kill these bounty marks and get the treasure chest? Or, maybe I'm mistaken when people say they're chest farming.

nOoblet16

The issue is that with 6 shots you don't have to reload as your magazine will be refilled after ever 3 crit shots, so basically you don't lose any ammo at all and can kill a hallowed knight. You hit a knight now and they die in 5 shots leaving your gun with 1 bullet left meaning that unless you get a crit by hitting another enemy within the time frame you lose ammo and have to reload.

With Blackhammer you always want to finish a kill with your last bullet in the magazine (so long as you are always hitting critical spots).

So, it's no limit to the amount of times you can kill these bounty marks and get the treasure chest? Or, maybe I'm mistaken when people say they're chest farming.

You can farm them yes. Best way to do it is on Venus and run between the Ember Caves and the Citadel. They seem to spawn more at the Ember Caves though.

TheOddOne

I think he would prefer to kill with 6 shots for he gets the ammo back instead of being left with 1 shot in the magazine.

I am the opposite and prefer to kill with 5 than.
Oh, that makes more sense.

Yeah, seeing as the main perk is getting ammo back through critical hits--the other perk works against it.
The issue is that with 6 shots you don't have to reload as your magazine will be refilled after ever 3 crit shots, so basically you don't lose any ammo at all and can kill a hallowed knight. You hit a knight now and they die in 5 shots leaving your gun with 1 bullet left meaning that unless you get a crit by hitting another enemy within the time frame you lose ammo and have to reload.

With Blackhammer you always want to finish a kill with your last bullet in the magazine (so long as you are always hitting critical spots).
Thanks.

I've avoided Black Hammer info, because you know I will bloody never get it. My heart can't take it :(

Wallach

You can farm them yes. Best way to do it is on Venus and run between the Ember Caves and the Citadel. They seem to spawn more at the Ember Caves though.

Yeah, that's what I found as well. The Ember Caves guy is probably the easiest one out of the lot, so that's nice.

Treasure Keys for PoE, Passage Coins for ToO or even Legendary Engrams that you can decrypt after HoW drops for legendary/exotic weapons and/or armor. Also, lots of free syntheses and blue engrams that you can break down for class mats. These chests are the new loot cave.
What do you need treasure keys for? I assumed the chests in PoE were free to loot once you defeated the challenges. Are there other hidden chests in the arena or something?

I've never liked the idea of keys as rewards. Reminds me of those times in Fable where I'd find some treasure chest hidden away only to get a silver key as a reward. Talk about anticlimactic.

Yeah, that's what I found as well. The Ember Caves guy is probably the easiest one out of the lot, so that's nice.

True, but everything seems to be easy when everyone is shooting Gjallarhorns and Scorch Cannons. Sometimes I had a difficult time to even hit the boss. But you also have a chance to get to the new pike at the Ember Caves and destroy the boss with the grenades :)

What do you need treasure keys for? I assumed the chests in PoE were free to loot once you defeated the challenges. Are there other hidden chests in the arena or something?

I've never liked the idea of keys as rewards. Reminds me of those times in Fable where I'd find some treasure chest hidden away only to get a silver key as a reward. Talk about anticlimactic.

I don't think we know for sure where they are for. I've seen them in videos where they drop after beating PoE, but they were not allowed to show how you get the rewards. Maybe you can ninja loot somebody else's chest like in Borderlands, but that would break friendships.

Wallach

It sounds like you get at least one key just for doing PoE. I'm unsure what the additional keys outside PoE allow you to do; maybe there are multiple chests on completion, so you can farm extra keys for bonus loot after doing a run of PoE.

I honestly don't know as I like the idea, if only because it seems like it might encourage a bit more of the jerk behavior of people kicking a random out at the end of a matchmade PoE to invite one of their friends that has keys. Hopefully they've taken that into consideration.

Don't really know yet. You get rewarded one at the end of each PoE run but we have no idea how the treasure room works as Bungie wouldn't let the YouTubers show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom