• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

forrest

formerly nacire
HoW isn't even out yet man haha. Honestly these bounties are nothing to get hyped over, it's just some fun stuff to hold us over until Tuesday.

Yeah I know. This close to the last expansion coming out I was so hyped I couldn't contain myself. This time around, I just want to be excited, but promptly logged after the bounties today. I'll check out what HoW has to offer, but I'm already feeling disappointed with what I haven't even played yet.

*On a side note is Cryptarch bugged? I had a bunch of engrams, but it's like he wasn't even seeing them in my inventory.

jett

D-Member
Some people love raids. Some people are okay with them and love the (almost) guaranteed loot.

I've been a part of some bad raids and just the idea of a bad raid experience keeps me from doing them more often. Bad raids are the worst.

Yeah been suffering some awful raiders.

Doesn't help that the guaranteed loot I've been getting has been shard garbage. :p I feel like the only item I'm interested in is the horn, and I'm not interested enough to raid every week multiple times.

BokehKing

Banned
Been doing lotsa raiding this week, and honestly I find it annoying and the very opposite of fun. Do you people really like doing this shit or is it an OCD thing?
If you're with a good group that knows what they are doing its fun, getting loot is fun
Watching people get their first g-horn is fun

Zoidberg

Damn I went to Vegas this weekend and I'm trying to catch up with the thread. What the hell happened to day? Sounds like some excitement.

Bungie walked in and dropped some bounties, everyone is losing their minds. Engrams everywhere.

Queens wrath is back and offering bounties to kill a target, one each day in the week leading up to HoW dropping. After killing that target you get a buff which allows you to open a randomly spawned chest in the area. Chest contains engrams, planetary materials, glimmer, etc. and a chance at treasure keys for prison of elders or passage coins for trials.

you'll go back to ol' knucklehead and you know it

Joey-Tribianni-Shrug-Friends.gif

what can i say - i'm a knucklehead

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If you're with a good group that knows what they are doing its fun, getting loot is fun
Watching people get their first g-horn is fun

You don't know if you have a good group until you're there though. I've seen guys with 20+ VoG HM completions that can't manage to move and shoot at the same time.

New bounties, things to kill, chests and keys.

Bungie walked in and dropped some bounties, everyone is losing their minds. Engrams everywhere.

Queens wrath is back and offering bounties to kill a target, one each day in the week leading up to HoW dropping. After killing that target you get a buff which allows you to open a randomly spawned chest in the area. Chest contains engrams, planetary materials, glimmer, etc. and a chance at treasure keys for prison of elders or passage coins for trials.
Sounds fun. At least it's something new to do. Too bad I won't be able to see any of this until Sunday night.
The tower caught on fire

Everyone was burning
I would enjoy witnessing this

So PoE armour has perks for each room http://www.destinydb.com/items/2303881503

Boots increases Agility and grenade recharge when fighting the selected enemy eg Vex
Helm increases Recovery and Super recharge when fighting the selected enemy eg Hive
And chest increases Armour and melee rechargewhen fighting the selected enemy eg Cabal

So essential is a toggle buff

Unstable

Awesome, sounds like fun. Crazy amount of activity today. Gonna try to finish some life stuff so hopefully I can get back in on the fun later!
With the PSN issues atm I think I may just call it a night. If you're on earlier tomorrow we can get some skirmish in then.

Messiek

I'm so mad that after 4 hours I don't have a key. It's broken for me and others will have advantage over me in PoE looting. Thx Bungie

If anyones bored on PS4 I am trying to do the Ritual of Sacrifice mission for the final of the Dark Below and I am getting rekt all over my face for the past hour. I can survive most of the ways until the Knights then get obliterated. If you're bored and want to join in - PSN is DisheveledZen, I'd appreciate the help.

Yeah been suffering some awful raiders.

Doesn't help that the guaranteed loot I've been getting has been shard garbage. :p I feel like the only item I'm interested in is the horn, and I'm not interested enough to raid every week multiple times.

Is there anything else you can elaborate on for why you haven't enjoyed the raids? Mainly just bad luck with teams or you also don't like the encounters, boss fights etc? VoG vs CE any different to you? Always curious what experiences people have that leave them with a bad impression. As others have said, ideally raids are strongly team-based and really shine with a fun + committed group.

It can be hard to keep a consistent raid group together for so many months as some people naturally lose interest or get busy with life. It makes a world of difference though, to have some go-to friends that have good attitudes and good communication. The opposite experience is equally powerful, sadly. A negative or mean-spirited group can be really toxic and put a bad vibe on the whole raid scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom