• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcfrank

If anyones bored on PS4 I am trying to do the Ritual of Sacrifice mission for the final of the Dark Below and I am getting rekt all over my face for the past hour. I can survive most of the ways until the Knights then get obliterated. If you're bored and want to join in - PSN is DisheveledZen, I'd appreciate the help.

You can get up to the second level of the room pretty easy and cheese it. I would help you but I am on Xbox one.

I'm so mad that after 4 hours I don't have a key. It's broken for me and others will have advantage over me in PoE looting. Thx Bungie

These types of experiences should not be possible. It's crazy to me that they haven't added more streak breakers to their loot systems, CE as the only exception. Really discourages me from bothering with the grind, at least until we know what the stupid keys even do.

Zoidberg

These types of experiences should not be possible. It's crazy to me that they haven't added more streak breakers to their loot systems, CE as the only exception. Really discourages me from bothering with the grind, at least until we know what the stupid keys even do.

They really should be upfront with the keys and tell us what they will be used for. Some people are going to be going mad trying to farm as many as possible, if it turns out they can be traded for motes, glimer or something there will be a big backlash. I really doubt they will give >32 PoE gear.

I reckon these keys will be used on the 28 version, and if you have them in your inventory you can open chests at the end.

GhaleonEB

Going to run the weekly on my Warlock, but I also need to do the bounties on her. If anyone wants to run either just shoot me an invite.

EL CUCO

Bloodborne Platinumed Just in time for HoW. I swore I wasn't gonna buy it, but the QoL changes look great. Gonna hook Bungie up with a Dub for listening. Destiny is gonna feel so weird to me.

What loot is locked behind the new keys in PoE? Do we have any idea what we miss out on without a key prior to entering? What do we get without one?

Messiek

I'll probably say 'fuck it' and play only on Tuesday. I'll go to sleep now, it's the only way to put the rage away. lol

Mindlog

Scratch that.
If anyone needs one for Nightfall PM please.

Not the most entertaining way to get back into Destiny.
Going to blow my brains out now.

ALRIGHT ZOBA I GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO COPY THIS. But it has to be copied completely.
~~~~~~
qGQ1wf2.png

Hello there! You might be wondering why there's another Destiny related post. That's because there is a new expansion! That's right, they made more of Destiny! However, there's something you should know, the game is completely different now! Like the difference between a blind puppy when it was released, to the terrifying Wolf that it is now. So here's some things you should know!
  • If you're rejoining Destiny, keep your old gear! You can now Ascend your gear to the max light level using Etheric Light!
  • Ascendant materials are being phased out. If you don't know what they are, A ludicrous amount of Ascendant materials were required to upgrade weapons/armor. Whilst legacy gear still requires it, the new gear available from House of Wolves does not. As such, activites that rewarded shards before now give Motes of Light...
  • ...Which brings me to the next point, Legendary Engrams are now guaranteed Legendary items. If you played back in vanilla, you would remember that Legendary engrams had a chance at giving shards. THIS IS NO MORE! Now engrams actually give loot you can use.
  • Any extra Ascendant material you have can be traded in for glimmer, or can be traded across itself if you need to upgrade gear. Meaning that if you have nothing you want to level up, you can trade it in for glimmer.
  • If you quit during The Dark Below, you may remember the commendation stuff they put out. They took that out because it didn't work out, any left over commendations can now be turned in for faction reputation. This works with Faction Class items, meaning you can level any faction except Queens Wrath/Eris reputation.
  • Exotic gear will be upgraded to max level through Exotic Shards. You don't need any Etheric Light~

That's great and all Breezy, but what's new. That's what I want to know!

I'm glad you asked, NeoGAF user. Right now the Queens Guard has returned to the Tower, with new Bounties leading up to the release of House of Wolves. These involve new patrolling enemies in various planets, called Wolves. The wolf, is a canine animal. How the Fallen named themselves after an Earth animal I don't know. Anyways, these Wolves will come down with a special boss Fallen appearing after a number of enemies are killed. This boss character, when killed, will award you with a Key of Ether, and a chest with a bright light will spawn nearby. The chest has a chance of giving engrams(Blue and Legendary) as well as a huge amount of planet materials and ammo synthesis'. They can also give you a Treasure Key, which will be used to pillage the Queens personal chest. You can carry up to 5 of these on your person, you can vault more. These events can be repeated even after you turn in the bounties.

But tell me about House of Wolves! Learn me! I love to no scope 360 noobs in PvP! What does it offer to me!?

I'm glad you asked! Not only are The Dark Below PVP maps becoming free for everyone, but with House of Wolves there are 4 new maps for you to enjoy!

That's it? Bullshit what a waste I fucking knew Bungie would drop the ball again god they should go back to microsoft and hal-!

SIT DOWN CHILD, LET ME FINISH. Ahem, mark gain and reputation gain are doubled in PvP now, across all modes. Not only that, but they've increased the chance of getting engrams through PvP by 100%, and they've added legendary gear as rewards through PvP Now! Not only that but the better you do in the match, the more chances you get in getting awarded gear! So now your proness is rewarded.

Wow! That sounds great! But I'll always be first place with my 360 no scoping so I need a challenge. I need something to spill my skill!

Well 360noscopeXXNeoGAF user, there is a new Trials of Osiris. Gather up two of your frien-

I don't have any friends

I SAID SIT DOWN, TOO BAD. So gather 3 of your best friends, and hop into the Trials of Osiris. This is a 3v3 elimination that tests your skill. The more you win, the greater the rewards. There will be unique armor and possibly unique weapons associated with this mode! And rumor has it, you will be invited to meet those behind the Trial if you get 9 wins in a row....

That sounds great, Breezy! But what about when I get tired of PvP?

Then there's a new end game activity for you! This is called the Prison of Elders. It is various Arenas-You might've seen 2 of them, the Cabal and the Hive arenas, but those were pretty claustrophobic. Luckily the Vex and Fallen arenas are alot bigger than those, and you can find youtube videos or something. You're a pro sniper, I ain't googling for you. Anyways! So there will be 6 types of arenas that are rotated weekly. There are 3 modes-Level 32 mode, level 34 mode, and level 35 mode. The lower levels have rotating arenas, each which features a unique boss at the end. The level 35 mode will always feature Skolas, the end game boss. It is yet to be seen if this will be a unique arena compared to the rest! He also rewards the best loot in the game. You will also get Weapon Cores and Armor Cores from doing the various arena modes, which you can turn in for pieces offered that week by Variks, or you can turn in one of each for a random piece of gear not currently being offered. When you beat each arena, you will go to a treasure room which is where you will get your rewards from various chests. Not only that, but Petra of the Reef will offer you bounties to hunt down various foes that have escaped the prison. If you find gear you receive inadequate, you'll be able to take it to the gunsmith to reroll its stats and perks. There will be new exotics, new weapons and armor, and a new weapon subclass-Sidearms, which are pistols that yearn to the Halo days of..pistols.

Come Guardian, the Reef awaits you.

Wow thanks Breezy! That pretty much details most of my questions! Where can I go chat with cool people like you?

I'm glad you asked NeoGAF user, you can head over to the official Destiny Thread, we welcome everyone!

With the new Queens Wrath bounties. Is this a rank that resets each week or is this like the new Eris with a max rank we grind towards?

hydruxo

Finally got a treasure key! Might farm some more on Monday when there's a new bounty up but for now I'm content with one key.

That's why I'm not grinding for any keys until I know there's a reason. I'd rather just play Crucible.

border

Did anyone reveal what exactly happens at the end of Prison of Elders? It seemed like Bungie had embargoed that information, but it may have slipped out somewhere. I presume you just get taken to some treasure room where you get to open a chest, and you need one of these keys to open it.

From Datto's reaction though, I'm guessing that the Prison of Elders actual event probably rewards keys anyway, and the items you get from the bounties are just meant to be gravy on top of it. Maybe there's a random chance for chests to spawn during the actual PoE runthrough, and that's why you might want to have extra keys onhand.

Daemul

Welp, we Titans are officially fucked in the HoW exotic department, Hunters and Warlocks get all the joy as usual.

Bungie pls.

Did anyone reveal what exactly happens at the end of Prison of Elders? It seemed like Bungie had embargoed that information, but it may have slipped out somewhere. I presume you just get taken to some treasure room where you get to open a chest, and you need one of these keys to open it.

From Datto's reaction though, I'm guessing that the Prison of Elders actual event probably rewards keys anyway, and the items you get from the bounties are just meant to be gravy on top of it.

Yeah so once you kill the boss it gives you a key and then you go back to the airlock where you drop down into the treasure room. Though from there we don't know how many chests there are and if they require more than one key to open. But from that tweet I linked it seems that at least on the build Datto played one key was enough for each person.

Zoidberg

From Datto's reaction though, I'm guessing that the Prison of Elders actual event probably rewards keys anyway, and the items you get from the bounties are just meant to be gravy on top of it.

The 32, 34 and 35 PoE look to reward a key at the end, which is all you need to get in the treasure room. I believe these keys will allow you to get into the 28 PoE treasure room if you have one, and give a chance at blue/legendary gear or engrams. The queens guard weapons drop from the 28 PoE, i reckon that they have a chance to drop from the chests at the end there.

patchday

well we all know RNG is beyond silly in this game. just not big enough loot pool to support it proper (I'm comparing it to Diablo 3 Ultimate Edition as being RNG done better).

I've always played for the exotics. What has the potential to seriously piss me off will be how Etheric Lights is handed out. If its super hard to come by and requires grinding then count me out

But back to your post. I think they did a great job baiting DGAF back into the planets. But meh, I dont like standing around for 10 mins to wait on an event to happen. Then search for the chest. I think they still need to add more things to do to make it interesting. Not enough for me

But I think it's great for all the new GAF players. I just think a lot of us thats been around since beta tho will probably just be like 'meh' and go play Witcher 3, etc

I might buy the dlc but its mostly for xur (if I see he's weighted to bring new exotic gear). Will still play this game super part time (2-3 hrs a week tops most likely)

Now I might grind up a new Warlock since I never played the class (not since beta). So that might get me to play more for a little while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom