• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm not sure if their is any good to come out of farming these treasure keys, that can't be gotten in other ways.

Daemul

Anyone else notice how the HoW faction gear(Dead Orbit, New Monarchy, Future War Cult) is just a re-skinned version of the current Vanguard gear?

Bungie pls.

border

Welp, we Titans are officially fucked in the HoW exotic department, Hunters and Warlocks get all the joy as usual.

Bungie pls.

What seems so great about about the Hunter exotics?

Celestial Nighthawk -- Golden Gun fires ONE shot, 6x damage + Keyhole.
6X damage on Golden Gun is stupid since you don't need it in PVP and in PVE the Golden Gun is more about generating orbs for teammates than it is about damage burst. Only useful when solo'ing bullet sponge bosses. Most people will use a different exotic and just switch over to this when they are about to encounter a boss.

Keprhi's Song -- Gain invisibility after short crouch. (Like Stalker perk.) Melee from behind while invisible deals 4x damage.
Okay, so you don't have to use the Stalker perk anymore and can pick one of the other perks. Not terrible, but no better than the Titan armor that lets you gain a class perk without actually committing to it in the skill tree. EDIT: Nevermind, now that I think about it this means you can go cloaked as a Gunslinger -- that's actually pretty overpowered, particularly when combined with Don't Touch Me gloves.

Bones of Eao -- Upgrades Double Jump with additional jump.
Not even worth an exotic slot, highly situational. Most people will just switch gear at the moment when they need it. Bladedancers can already swap to Gunslinger when they want a triple jump.

patchday

I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm not sure if their is any good to come out of farming these treasure keys, that can't be gotten in other ways.

going to be funny (too me) that everyone is doing all this grinding for the chests and those keys will be regular drops in the dlc. I cant fathom Bungie making folks jump through hops for those keys like that. no way I'd pay $20 for all that.

Its coo to do it for a little while but frak its boring standing around waiting on events. I find GK glimmer farming more interesting

[edit] cleaned up language :)

hydruxo

6X damage on Golden Gun is stupid since you don't need it in PVP and in PVE the Golden Gun is more about generating orbs for teammates than it is about damage burst. Only useful when solo'ing bullet sponge bosses. Most people will use a different exotic and just switch over to this when they are about to encounter a boss.

Keprhi's Song -- Gain invisibility after short crouch. (Like Stalker perk.) Melee from behind while invisible deals 4x damage.
Okay, so you don't have to use the Stalker perk anymore and can pick one of the other perks. Not terrible, but no better than the Titan armor that lets you gain a class perk without actually committing to it in the skill tree. EDIT: Nevermind, now that I think about it this means you can go cloaked as a Gunslinger -- that's actually pretty overpowered, particularly when combined with Don't Touch Me gloves.

Not even worth an exotic slot, highly situational. Most people will just switch gear at the moment when they need it. Bladedancers can already swap to Gunslinger when they want a triple jump.

Middle one will give gunslingers invisibility though. That's going to be awesome.

Edit: Haha you edited right when I posted this

patchday

I still think its coo Bungie added that for free (Queens Wrath bounties). Folks would get super awesome value for buying base game. only downfall/flaw is that Nightfalls/Weeklys are locked behind a paywall. So folks are basically forced into DLCs like it or not.

They should make the maps that is played in NFs/Weeklies free that week. That is what Mortal Kombat X does. Players can play Jason Vorhees for free if they own base game int he temporary premier tower (kind of like how League of Legends does their free hero rotation)

Bungie would earn lots of goodwill.

border

Middle one will give gunslingers invisibility though. That's going to be awesome.

Edit: Haha you edited right when I posted this

Yeah, sorry about that :) The Reddit page claims that this is a Bladedancer exotic, so it was kind of unclear to me if it would apply to Gunslingers. Reading the description though I see no reason why a Gunslinger wouldn't be able to use it.

All the same though, it's really only 1 good exotic out of 3.

And I'm having a hard time seeing what is so awesome about the Warlock exotic armor. I think Khepri's Song is the only "must-have" exotic armor so far.

Yeah, sorry about that :) The Reddit page claims that this is a Bladedancer exotic, so it was kind of unclear to me if it would apply to Gunslingers. Reading the description though I see no reason why a Gunslinger wouldn't be able to use it.

All the same though, it's really only 1 good exotic out of 3.

And I'm having a hard time seeing what is so awesome about the Warlock exotic armor. I think Khepri's Song is the only "must-have" exotic armor so far.

The Ram is really good. The rest were various degrees of "Meh".

patchday

You mean the Gauntlets: http://www.destinydb.com/items/1619609940

Its exotic I thought? Plus it goes into gaunlet slot anyways. So you cant stack it with Dont Touch me.But meleeing someone and doing 4x dmg is gonna be uber

Daemul

The new Iron Banner gear looks amazing, I'm especially happy with how the Titan IB looks. I swear if I didn't know any better I would say that two very different teams design the Vendor/IB Titan gear and the Raid/PoE Titan gear. Whichever team is in charge of the Raid/PoE Titan gear needs to stop over designing their shit.

RdN

Just did Flawless Rider on VoG!

It's was an amazing experience, very tense. Those jumps had me on the edge of my chair.

Bring on the Prison of Elders!

border

If the "disorient" effects of Purifier's Robes actually work in PVP, that might actually make it pretty useful in The Crucible. But thus far it has been impossible for a player character to be disoriented, right?

I will be curious to see if Strike bosses can be disoriented as well. We know that it works on Omnigul, but it would be a godsend if we could disorient Valus Ta'aurc.

Close to 4 hours grinding chests and only ended up with one key. Thanks Bungie!

Seriously though thanks everyone (Shem, Colonel, Spyder, Private, Kalamari, Jiza) for the group. 6 player patrol was pretty fun!

patchday

6X damage on Golden Gun is stupid since you don't need it in PVP and in PVE the Golden Gun is more about generating orbs for teammates than it is about damage burst. Only useful when solo'ing bullet sponge bosses. Most people will use a different exotic and just switch over to this when they are about to encounter a boss..

Well in Crucible with that much burst you can one shot a Titan defense shield. I think already a gunslinger two-shots away the bubble. Plus, it depends how they handle the perk that does overflow. Might be able to make two gaurdians combust in one shot if they are standing too close. I've done this already when teammates are being silly and hugging each other

[edit] this is all guesswork. In crucible they might cap this... Will take experimentation

Zoidberg

Close to 4 hours grinding chests and only ended up with one key. Thanks Bungie!

Seriously though thanks everyone (Shem, Colonel, Spyder, Private, Kalamari, Jiza) for the group. 6 player patrol was pretty fun!

Yep thanks for the farming guys. If anything this event has shown there needs to be more stuff like this in patrol, the worlds are really empty without it.

border

Well in Crucible with that much burst you can one shot a Titan defense shield. I think already a gunslinger two-shots away the bubble. Plus, it depends how they handle the perk that does overflow. Might be able to make two gaurdians combust in one shot if they are standing too close. I've done this already when teammates are being silly and hugging each other

[edit] this is all guesswork. In crucible they might cap this... Will take experimentation

I didn't realize that Titan bubbles could be taken down with a certain amount of damage. I thought they were invincible. Goes to show you what little time I spend in the Crucible. Can they be taken down with weapon damage in PVE as well?

LTWood12

Thanks for helping be get through 9 bounties Kalamari, Captain Science, Dave, and stb!

I'm afraid I won't be able to join in the again until Sunday night. Headed to a funeral tomorrow out of town :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Got a key on the very last bounty.

ilZRYuxaYTB8l.png

I'm done. Any raiding tonight? Can run sword.

GhaleonEB

My theory on the keys:

We know the PoE has a treasure room at the end; I think I read it has three different sized chests in it. I'm guessing you get one guaranteed key during a PoE run, enough to open the small chest, but need additional keys to open the other (bigger) chests. So you can use one on the small chest, or save up from multple PoE runs or other key sources like these chests and save up for the bigger ones, with the better loot.

Edit: yay, I can get on. Gonna run the weekly, and then do bounties tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom