• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoidberg

I didn't realize that Titan bubbles could be taken down with a certain amount of damage. I thought they were invincible. Goes to show you what little time I spend in the Crucible. Can they be taken down with weapon damage in PVE as well?

I don't think they go down from damage in PVE, just time. They do in PVP to supers because something has to counter them, or they would be very overpowered in some game modes.

SnakeEyes

Banned
My theory on the keys:

We know the PoE has a treasure room at the end; I think I read it has three different sized chests in it. I'm guessing you get one guaranteed key during a PoE run, enough to open the small chest, but need additional keys to open the other (bigger) chests. So you can use one on the small chest, or save up from multple PoE runs or other key sources like these chests and save up for the bigger ones, with the better loot.

Edit: yay, I can get on. Gonna run the weekly, and then do bounties tomorrow.
Wouldn't be a bad theory at all. Kinda like how there's 3 chest sizes in ME3 and DA:I MP with varying costs associated, to get better loot chances.

YESSSSS

GOTCHU URZOK

SO def. hanging at Skywatch, everyone's there for the queen. Bounty comes, gets killed, but before the last wave a daily event pops but everyone is focused on the bounty. That's cool. But so I grab the loot and then immediately run to the event which is 10 seconds left to launch. I deploy my ghost, wave at everyone basically trying to be them to stay, but they leave. But oh, the Warsat turns red. Guess I was too late after all. But guess who didn't get the memo?

URZOK.

At last, just me and you. No armies. No Warsat Raiders. They're all gone dude. Just you and

AAAA GET AWAY FROM ME YOURE STILL TOO CRAZY POWERFUL

But what's that? A kindly stranger arrives? Laying on the damage? And what's also that? My arc shotgun?

Oh. Yeah.

ONE QUEST DOWN. ONE URN.

FILLED.

DESTINY WINS AGAIN.

best game ever man

SnakeEyes

Banned
YESSSSS

GOTCHU URZOK

SO def. hanging at Skywatch, everyone's there for the queen. Bounty comes, gets killed, but before the last wave a daily event pops but everyone is focused on the bounty. That's cool. But so I grab the loot and then immediately run to the event which is 10 seconds left to launch. I deploy my ghost, wave at everyone basically trying to be them to stay, but they leave. But oh, the Warsat turns red. Guess I was too late after all. But guess who didn't get the memo?

URZOK.

At last, just me and you. No armies. No Warsat Raiders. They're all gone dude. Just you and

AAAA GET AWAY FROM ME YOURE STILL TOO CRAZY POWERFUL

But what's that? A kindly stranger arrives? Laying on the damage? And what's also that? My arc shotgun?

Oh. Yeah.

ONE QUEST DOWN. ONE URN.

FILLED.

DESTINY WINS AGAIN.

best game ever man
It's been so long since I had to fight him, that I completely forgot he was part of that Eris mission. Congrats :)

My theory on the keys:

We know the PoE has a treasure room at the end; I think I read it has three different sized chests in it. I'm guessing you get one guaranteed key during a PoE run, enough to open the small chest, but need additional keys to open the other (bigger) chests. So you can use one on the small chest, or save up from multple PoE runs or other key sources like these chests and save up for the bigger ones, with the better loot.

Edit: yay, I can get on. Gonna run the weekly, and then do bounties tomorrow.

RNG on top of RNG

SnakeEyes

Banned
Rank 1 with all three chars but no key yet. On the bright side, The Fourth Horseman totally wrecks these guys.
Thanks for that heads-up, might finally have a reason to get it out of the Vault :D

Thanks man

I wonder if I should wait to do this new mission that unlocks (!!!!!!!!) until after Tuesday so that the greaves are at 36 light.

HMMMMMM.
I guess it depends on if you're already Level 32 or not. If you are, then all the greaves will give you is a different aesthetic design. If you're 31, same deal.

deafmedal

Sure ill go. 31 titan. I've done Normal a couple times never done hard though if thats cool

Oh yeah psn Bicep_Curls :)

Well you'd make three, will send an invite if the group fills up. Just browsing GAF in the meantime :)

3 spots for fresh HM VoG and maybe NM CE!

Thanks for that heads-up, might finally have a reason to get it out of the Vault :D

I guess it depends on if you're already Level 32 or not. If you are, then all the greaves will give you is a different aesthetic design. If you're 31, same deal.

Oh no that's the beauty part, dude. I'm 30. The plan WAS to use my one exotic shard to ascend my maxed out exotic helm and then buy three new pieces of armor to round it out, taking me instantly to 32 on Tuesday. But if I can use the armor piece from Eris Quest instead of buying one then I can also buy a new weapon day one too!!

TIME TA GOOGLE

border

Thanks man

I wonder if I should wait to do this new mission that unlocks (!!!!!!!!) until after Tuesday so that the greaves are at 36 light.

HMMMMMM.

The last mission in the Eris quest chain gives gauntlets, I believe. I suspect that their Light level will probably not be affected by the HoW patch.

The last mission in the Eris quest chain gives gauntlets, I believe. I suspect that their Light level will probably not be affected by the HoW patch.

Wouldn't that make it the only newly aquireable armor that's not?

Are raid armor rewards not starting at 36 after Tuesday

If not why would anyone want them?

EDIT: They do already. Just checked.

What's the latest on the Item Manager/App? About to jump on. Do I have to go to the Tower to change guns again???

Also, I'd been meaning to buy The Chance, but I didn't plan out my mark situation accordingly. Does anyone know if it will still be sold next week?

border

Wouldn't that make it the only newly aquireable armor that's not?

Are raid armor rewards not starting at 36 after Tuesday

If not why would anyone want them?

EDIT: They do already. Just checked.

Anything you get now can be Ascended to max level with Etheric Light after Tuesday, but I'd doubt that they will drop at max level. A lot of the HoW Vendor/Reputation rewards still require Ascension, and I imagine the Eris rewards probably will as well.

The last mission in the Eris Chain is very fun, but I don't think you miss much by putting it off Til Tuesday (Voices Carry!) if you want to. I just wouldn't get my hopes up about it yielding max-level gauntlets.

Buddy and I did 3x Skirmish and got 3 Passage Coins each. Then we played with a friend and he got 2 and 2 motes of light. I guess that will be the new daily grind unless Passage Coins come easily from other sources (not sure if that info is out there at the moment).

Also, ran into someone with a "School of the Hawk" Clan Tag. I was really hoping to have him or her on our team as I never see Gaffers (I presume) in the wild.

Pffft. It was RunningRiot. We should have teamed up, dude. I am absolutely terrible with keeping Gaffers' names in my head.

GhaleonEB

Anything you get now can be Ascended to max level with Etheric Light after Tuesday, but I'd doubt that they will drop at max level. A lot of the HoW Vendor/Reputation rewards still require Ascension, and I imagine the Eris rewards probably will as well.

The last mission in the Eris Chain is very fun, but I don't think you miss much by putting it off Til Tuesday (Voices Carry!) if you want to. I just wouldn't get my hopes up about it yielding max-level gauntlets.

My understanding is, max level stuff won't drop outside of HoW activities. The only way to level up stuff from their current drop levels is to ascend them with etheric light from the sources we know about (Iron Banner, Nightfall, etc.).

Weekly down, which means I can run the bounties on my Warlock tomorrow.

House of Wolves isn't out yet and Destiny already got one hell of an upgrade. I've had a good feeling about House of Wolves for a while now, but this is all above and beyond.

Thanks to the group that ran me through my first ever Crota's End raid tonight. It was a lot of fun. And thanks Xplicitone for setting it up so I could see it. Walked out with some boots and a Black Hammer.

Zocano

Wait so does Etheric light drop from the weekly/nightfall now? Haven't been keeping up.

And I should hold onto my old crucible/vanguard commendations for now, too?

McArkus

Hehe, it's getting late and I don't feel like grinding anything so I get sleepy with nothing engaging my brain :p Will be the first Friday night in some time I haven't got a raid group together!

Yeah, is almost 1 am here, maybe will do some bounties and go to bed in a while

Wait so does Etheric light drop from the weekly/nightfall now? Haven't been keeping up.

you can "use" the commendations for a large chunk of reputation

they're totally useless otherwise

not sure about etheric light.. they sound pretty mysterious.. theres a chance they could drop in nightfalls.. maybe they would replace shards/energy in the loot table?

Hehe, it's getting late and I don't feel like grinding anything so I get sleepy with nothing engaging my brain :p Will be the first Friday night in some time I haven't got a raid group together!

Everyone was too busy search through chests today... Perhaps we can get something together tomorrow or Sunday

Etheric Light is supposed to be a potential drop in NFalls, I don't think it'll be in Weeklies though. We won't know all the details until HoW launches next Tuesday. EL will also be in PoE, ToO and Iron Banner, potentially other sources but who knows.

Starting now, commendations can be used, like consumables, from you inventory for 250 rep, or 312 rep with the Nightfall bonus. The rep will be applied to whatever Vanguard/Crucible/Faction class armor you're wearing, same as turning in bounties.

Wallach

Well, I've looted 2 keys and 2 legendary engrams so far.

Thing is I'm packed to the gills on rare engrams I can't decrypt. Given I'm sure a lot of other folks are in the same position, the Cryptarch is going to be very busy come Tuesday...

ExVicis

Well, I've looted 2 keys and 2 legendary engrams so far.

Thing is I'm packed to the gills on rare engrams I can't decrypt. Given I'm sure a lot of other folks are in the same position, the Cryptarch is going to be very busy come Tuesday...
I have 4 legendary engrams, 3 characters and a vault filled with blue engrams and I don't even wanna check the postmaster.

But no keys...I'm about to give up on bothering with them.

BondFancy

Is anyone else's OCD going crazy because of all the markers on the tower haha? Also just got to level 14 on my 3rd and final character, god this is brutal....if I press x to Dinklebot one more time I may lose it...

neoism

so guys how are you playing??? I just go on my ps4 and psn is on and the sign in works but it wont connect when I start destiny :/

lol nm its working now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom