• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

Is anyone else's OCD going crazy because of all the markers on the tower haha? Also just got to level 14 on my 3rd and final character, god this is brutal....if I press x to Dinklebot one more time I may lose it...

Yeah it sucks, I've been hoarding pub event packages the past few weeks for HoW and that icon above the postmaster drives me nuts haha.

Anything you get now can be Ascended to max level with Etheric Light after Tuesday, but I'd doubt that they will drop at max level. A lot of the HoW Vendor/Reputation rewards still require Ascension, and I imagine the Eris rewards probably will as well.

The last mission in the Eris Chain is very fun, but I don't think you miss much by putting it off Til Tuesday (Voices Carry!) if you want to. I just wouldn't get my hopes up about it yielding max-level gauntlets.

My understanding is, max level stuff won't drop outside of HoW activities. The only way to level up stuff from their current drop levels is to ascend them with etheric light from the sources we know about (Iron Banner, Nightfall, etc.).

Weekly down, which means I can run the bounties on my Warlock tomorrow.

House of Wolves isn't out yet and Destiny already got one hell of an upgrade. I've had a good feeling about House of Wolves for a while now, but this is all above and beyond.

This is all true but right now vendor gear is maxed at 33 light. If you buy it Tuesday it will come out of the box at 36. 42 is the new max light and, yes, it won't be accessible without ascending. But as someone with mostly 33 max gear, just that day one shopping spree is going to send my Light level through the roof.

My hope was that, like vendor gear, the eris quest gauntlets would now be base light level 36.

I think I misused "max level". I actually mean "higher than current max light level which is 33". "Max light level" as of Tuesday will be 42.

Nori Chan

I'm at glimmer cap for the first time since launch. I never had more than 10000 because I would always be wasting glimmer on leveling up exotics...what can I spend Glimmer on besides heavy synthesis and weapon telemetry?

I might just use it for Cryptarch cause I'm running out of sapphire wire lol

ExVicis

Well it doesn't matter if I should keep doing the chest farming, I got my key. Time to get on with the rest of the game now/

if i get a rank up faction package and leave it with the postmaster will it be old stuff if i open it after HoW drops?

i accidentally over leveled using a commendation -_-

if i get a rank up faction package and leave it with the postmaster will it be old stuff if i open it after HoW drops?

i accidentally over leveled using a commendation -_-

It will decrypt into pre-HoW stuff unfortunately. But the package itself gives 125 rep for that faction, so you can either pick it up now as a start or get the same faction to the brink of leveling and pick it up after HoW drops to push it to the next rank.

patchday

I'm at glimmer cap for the first time since launch. I never had more than 10000 because I would always be wasting glimmer on leveling up exotics...what can I spend Glimmer on besides heavy synthesis and weapon telemetry?

man you must never have went gk glimmer farming with us. I'm usually always pretty close to cap and even when I'm not I have plenty of beads to send me over

And yep- I spend the glimmer on armor mats. Cause I don't do enough pve to acquire green/blues to break down into raw mats

GhaleonEB

This is all true but right now vendor gear is maxed at 33 light. If you buy it Tuesday it will come out of the box at 36. 42 is the new max light and, yes, it won't be accessible without ascending. But as someone with mostly 33 max gear, just that day one shopping spree is going to send my Light level through the roof.

My hope was that, like vendor gear, the eris quest gauntlets would now be base light level 36.

I think I misused "max level". I actually mean "higher than current max light level which is 33". "Max light level" as of Tuesday will be 42.

Ah, yes, I see what you mean. I did think you meant level 42 light, and yeah, that will be a nice immediate boost up.

Nori Chan

man you must never have went gk glimmer farming with us. I'm usually always pretty close to cap and even when I'm not I have plenty of beads to send me over

And yep- I spend the glimmer on armor mats. Cause I don't do enough pve to acquire green/blues to break down into raw mats

It sucks cause I usually only get 1 sapphire wire from green armor :(

yes, you can.

Good to hear. I guess I will hold off anyway to get the new vendor packages, but they are already more useful for Rep then they ever were as a currency.

I was planning on knocking out a bunch of Bounties to have on hand for HoW launch, but I think I will pass on wasting time doing that crap (Hate doing vanilla bounties now) and just consume Commendations to push all the factions I have waiting on the cusp of a new rank.

Should we wait till the expansion drop to consume commendations?

See my first comment. I think it would be in your best interest to wait and get new HoW faction packages.

hydruxo

Should we wait till the expansion drop to consume commendations?

Use some now but don't rank up. Get right to the edge of the next rank so that when HoW comes out and you rank up you'll get new stuff.
But if the faction you want to level up isn't at rank 3 yet then go ahead and rank that up to just under 3.

Bold One

is there a glitch in the game world?

there seems to be an icon saying I can claim a reward at the Tower, but I cant seem to reach it

ezekial45

Banned
Good to hear. I guess I will hold off anyway to get the new vendor packages, but they are already more useful for Rep then they ever were as a currency.

I was planning on knocking out a bunch of Bounties to have on hand for HoW launch, but I think I will pass on wasting time doing that crap (Hate doing vanilla bounties now) and just consume Commendations to push all the factions I have waiting on the cusp of a new rank.

See my first comment. I think it would be in your best interest to wait and get new HoW faction packages.

Use some now but don't rank up. Get right to the edge of the next rank so that when HoW comes out and you rank up you'll get new stuff.

Right on. I actually have some packages waiting for me in the inbox already, so I'll save those too.

GhaleonEB

is there a glitch in the game world?

there seems to be an icon saying I can claim a reward at the Tower, but I cant seem to reach it

There are two issues. The first is the icon telling you to go to the Queen's emissary is pointing below her, not to her. The other is the Cryptarch will not recognize engrams earned during the Queen's Wrath events until the HoW goes live on the 19th, because they draw from the HoW loot table. Hang onto them for now.

Bold One

If it's showing you to downstairs at the vanguard, try going up to the iron banner area up top instead.

There are two issues. The first is the icon telling you to go to the Queen's emissary is pointing below her, not to her. The other is the Cryptarch will not recognize engrams earned during the Queen's Wrath events until the HoW goes live on the 19th, because they draw from the HoW loot table. Hang onto them for now.

I see, thanks

This game has to have gaf's record for number of OTs surely...

Kreus

Neo Member

Buy green helmets from the Vanguard Quarter Master. You get the most wire per glimmer..

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I know there was some talk about keeping daily event rewards and such in the mailbox until HoW drops, so hopefully it turns into the new loot. We know if that will work or should I go ahead and open that stuff?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Note to everyone thinking that they can grind out a few more rep levels before HoW drops

You can still get screwed with a commendation as a reward.

Not worth it.

Apt101

Arg, Cryptarch ain't seeing my engrams. Edit: oh I know why, HoW. I'l just stick em in the locker.

Totally forgot where the Forgotten Shore is on Earth. But I got the other guy there. Bunch of gear upgrades unlocked, still not quite at lvl 29 but that doesn't matter. I'm about to shoot higher on Tuesday.

Omni

Found a key. Also two legendary items. All back to back.

Also have three passage coins but I dunno what they do.

Theorry

Luckily the Hunter exotics got a buff. The Ram also changed. Now the chest has the Radiance perk.

hluktKl.jpg

I know there was some talk about keeping daily event rewards and such in the mailbox until HoW drops, so hopefully it turns into the new loot. We know if that will work or should I go ahead and open that stuff?

Daily event and faction packages will not turn into new loot, it will be old/TDB stuff. You should still wait to open them because the DEs give 5k XP you can use to level up new armor and weapons, while the faction packages will give 125 rep towards the faction of your choosing (so you can hit the next level more quickly and get a new/HoW package).

Hopefully that makes sense, this game can be really confusing sometimes, haha.

Found a key. Also two legendary items. All back to back.

Also have three passage coins but I dunno what they do.

Passage coins are currency you can spend at the ToO vendor to buy three types of consumables. Each type costs 3 passage coins and gives you some benefit for completing your ToO invitation (i.e. get 9 wins before 3 losses).

The 3 consumables do the following: forgive your first loss, your first win counts as two wins, and gives you a free win. So basically you'd only have to win 7 matches before losing 4 if you used all 3 consumables (which would cost 9 passage coins).

...yeah, this game can be confusing, lol.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hoping to try and raid and do some bounties later.

Do you think level 29 is too low for Crota?

It's a shame that auto rifles were nerfed. I really like
how Hard Light feels but it's so powerless.

Bradach

Lvl 29 would be fine with an experienced team. I'll be on later too. We should be able to get a team together and get you some raid gear

FiraB

Banned

Did it at 29, you just need a few people to carry you till you get lucky with a gear drop and then its smooth sailing.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I've just logged in for the first time today, since the patch went up. Is anyone putting together a Bounty farming group? Because I want in.

PSN: Kurt-Niisan

Ji66a-Man

I've just logged in for the first time today, since the patch went up. Is anyone putting together a Bounty farming group? Because I want in.

PSN: Kurt-Niisan

I'm halfway thru the new bounties and I'm on Venus now waiting for the last two. Have one more character to do before reset.
PSN: Ji66a_Man

Apt101

Took down that Fallen-like Wolf on Earth with one other guy. Man, he has a huge shield that needs kinetic to take it down. The first time we tried he lived so long he vanished. The second time I was ready: kinetic machine gun and my legendary shotgun. I was on that ass son. Still no good gear though. Opened one chest and found an engram I'll wait until Tuesday for, and that's it. People with me are getting legendaries and shards and shit. Bleh.

Now it's off to Venus. I'll be back on a few minutes, PS4, Jeff_en-la-boca if anyone wants to find these bounties.

I don't like how they switched The Ram and Purifier Robes around. The Ram would've been a cool Sunsinger alternative to Obsidian Mind.

Also disappointed at Celestial Nighthawk's new perks. Was really looking forward to the original.

Oh well.

nOoblet16

Took down that Fallen-like Wolf on Earth with one other guy. Man, he has a huge shield that needs kinetic to take it down. The first time we tried he lived so long he vanished. The second time I was ready: kinetic machine gun and my legendary shotgun. I was on that ass son. Still no good gear though. Opened one chest and found an engram I'll wait until Tuesday for, and that's it. People with me are getting legendaries and shards and shit. Bleh.

Now it's off to Venus. I'll be back on a few minutes, PS4, Jeff_en-la-boca if anyone wants to find these bounties.
Thorn or throwing knife with burn or grenades that keep enemies burning is what you need to keep their shields down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom