• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrrammis

Welp, 3 keys, 6 legendary engrams, and 3 characters(inventory+lost items) worth of blue engrams. Only one thing to do: keep farmig and replacing blue engrams with legendary ones as they drop.

EL CUCO

u9C7ItQ.jpg
one is the loneliest number

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Can someone tell me how to do this treasure glitch

After you open the chest jump on your sparrow and drive out of the zone. As soon as you see the text on the bottom of the screen that shows you entering the next zone turn around and drive back to the chest.
Sometimes the chest is close to the edge of a zone so you can go back and forth three times.

darthbob

After you open the chest jump on your sparrow and drive out of the zone. As soon as you see the text on the bottom of the screen that shows you entering the next zone turn around and drive back to the chest.
Sometimes the chest is close to the edge of a zone so you can go back and forth three times.

If you do Skywatch chest farming you can generally get 3 runs each time. Get lucky with the chest spawn and you can even do it 4 times.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So can we only do these bounties one time each? Not once oer day?
I did the four yesterday with my Hunter. Load up the Hunter just now and the only one available is the day 5 one.

Does this mean we aren't supposed to get to Rank 2 of Queen's Wrath rep?

Robdragoo said:
Venus chest farm is the best social exp in destiny since the loot cave. Its crazy awesome seeing so many poeple on patroll

Good point! That is the last time I've seen so many people in one area for any length of time.

deafmedal

Oh come now, and take ye a break from slaughtering Fallen foes and let's have a jaunty stroll through the Abyss along the path to Crota's demise.

Need 2...

GutZ31

So can we only do these bounties one time each? Not once oer day?
I did the four yesterday with my Hunter. Load up the Hunter just now and the only one available is the day 5 one.

Does this mean we aren't supposed to get to Rank 2 of Queen's Wrath rep?

Each bounty has an unlock day numbered 1-6.
The 5th bounty unlocked today, and the 6th unlocks tomorrow.
The others unlocked all together because of bungie having to hold off on the patch for a few days, so we got to do a bunch all at once.

Jarate

Banned
Compete a Queens Wrath Bounty.
Get Ether Chest
leave with Sparrow until you reach another area
Come back to chest again on Sparrow.

Get loot again
Does the chest only spawn 1 per bounty or 1 per fight

Is can I just wait to do the event over and over again to unlock chests while getting multiple pulls?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Each bounty has an unlock day numbered 1-6.
The 5th bounty unlocked today, and the 6th unlocks tomorrow.
The others unlocked all together because of bungie having to hold off on the patch for a few days, so we got to do a bunch all at once.

Yeah that's what I was questioning. We only get to do each bounty once? I figured one would unlock each day so that on day six we would have six bounties to do that day.
It's impssible to reach Rank 2 without being able to do the bounties each day.

What's the point in having the rank there at all? Unless she is going to consistently be there now.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Does the chest only spawn 1 per bounty or 1 per fight

Is can I just wait to do the event over and over again to unlock chests while getting multiple pulls?

Yes you can just hang out in the area and wait for the event to happen again. Chest will likely spawn in a different spot each time of course.

Ah so the moon bounty is up, missed it because of Avengers night with Tears. I missed my shared duty with Ruthless to post pics of the chest locations. Anything I should know about the moon bounty or just wait for ships, kill boss, loot chest? Also, can you do the Day 1-4 bounties again? It's probably somewhere in the thread but it moves so fast.

GutZ31

Yeah that's what I was questioning. We only get to do each bounty once? I figured one would unlock each day so that on day six we would have six bounties to do that day.

What's the point in having the rank there at all? Unless she is going to consistently be there now.
Basically, yeah. One per day.

As for if she will stick around for next week; the answer is yes, but might not be in the tower.

noomi

I've never felt more OCD about vault space than I do today, my post master, my vault all the green icons in the tower to turn stuff in...

I can't wait For Tuesday to unload and turn everything in.

Got one key and I'm good with that, not going to burn myself out on farming for hours.

Crucible tonight.

Danj

Just wanted to say thanks to the GAFfer who chatted to me on PSN and talked me through the situation with Destiny at the moment. It seems like there's a lot of time investment involved in playing this game, more so given that I don't own either of the expansions. I could get them - I got a PSN gift card for my birthday recently - but it would literally use up all of that credit, and I'm sure you can understand I'm a bit reluctant to shell out that much for something I don't have the proper amount of time (20 hours a week was suggested as an example figure) to devote to. So I'm going to hold off on that, and maybe hope that there'll be a sale on the first expansion later this year or something.

One thing that does bother me a bit, I was trying some crucible today and I'm getting matched up with people who are like level 32 - is it really the case that literally everyone is level 32 now? Because I found it really difficult to be able to kill anyone in there, whereas they all seemed to be able to kill me with one shot. I know the level advantages are supposed to be disabled in crucible but it sure didn't seem that way.

think she's just a holdover for Petra Venj when the reef opens

destiny_house_of_wolves_petra.jpg

petra will have more bounties than just the ones we're seeing now.. theres some different icons there

BondFancy

Just wanted to say thanks to the GAFfer who chatted to me on PSN and talked me through the situation with Destiny at the moment. It seems like there's a lot of time investment involved in playing this game, more so given that I don't own either of the expansions. I could get them - I got a PSN gift card for my birthday recently - but it would literally use up all of that credit, and I'm sure you can understand I'm a bit reluctant to shell out that much for something I don't have the proper amount of time (20 hours a week was suggested as an example figure) to devote to. So I'm going to hold off on that, and maybe hope that there'll be a sale on the first expansion later this year or something.

One thing that does bother me a bit, I was trying some crucible today and I'm getting matched up with people who are like level 32 - is it really the case that literally everyone is level 32 now? Because I found it really difficult to be able to kill anyone in there, whereas they all seemed to be able to kill me with one shot. I know the level advantages are supposed to be disabled in crucible but it sure didn't seem that way.

You definitely don't need 20 hours a week to devote to the game. Honestly you only need 5-10 to have a great time which is what I did for several months. Also, crucible has a lot of cheesey stuff that makes it feel like you die in 2 seconds, i.e. Thorn, Last Word, Felwinters Lie, etc.. So don't let that deter you, it takes a lot of practice to mitigate the bs. Try getting a small group together, it'll be a lot more smooth.

t0rment

don't play crucible. that's one of the worst experiences in the game, especially for a newbie.

TheOddOne

Did you finish all the story missions? If you finish The Black Garden, you will get pulse rifle The Stranger's Rifle. If you haven't done it yet, do it.

It's the best secret weapon to get you started in Crucible.

ocean

Banned
Oh damn PSN giving me so much crap. Took me like 20 tries to reach orbit! But it's all good now I'll catch you for the next match.

jett

D-Member

Levels don't matter in regular Crucible. You're getting creamed because they're more experienced than you. It's usual to see people that mostly do PVE get destroyed in Crucible. :p

Oh and they were probably also using broken-tier weapons on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom