• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody around who can help us run sword Crota HM?

Top-of-Page Thorn love for all my Thorn bros:
thornfeat2.png

traveler

Not Wario
It's also worth mentioning that this ain't Halo re:ttk. CoD4 won the war, sadly, and Bungie followed suit here, so it's going to feel like you're getting blown up almost immediately.

PVP in Destiny can be a fun diversion, but it's a hell of a ways off from touching Halo 2 or 3.

Just wanted to say thanks to the GAFfer who chatted to me on PSN and talked me through the situation with Destiny at the moment. It seems like there's a lot of time investment involved in playing this game, more so given that I don't own either of the expansions. I could get them - I got a PSN gift card for my birthday recently - but it would literally use up all of that credit, and I'm sure you can understand I'm a bit reluctant to shell out that much for something I don't have the proper amount of time (20 hours a week was suggested as an example figure) to devote to. So I'm going to hold off on that, and maybe hope that there'll be a sale on the first expansion later this year or something.

One thing that does bother me a bit, I was trying some crucible today and I'm getting matched up with people who are like level 32 - is it really the case that literally everyone is level 32 now? Because I found it really difficult to be able to kill anyone in there, whereas they all seemed to be able to kill me with one shot. I know the level advantages are supposed to be disabled in crucible but it sure didn't seem that way.

You are going to get rocked in the Crucible until you get a top tier weapon. I'd avoid it as much as you can for now.

Ah so the moon bounty is up, missed it because of Avengers night with Tears. I missed my shared duty with Ruthless to post pics of the chest locations. Anything I should know about the moon bounty or just wait for ships, kill boss, loot chest? Also, can you do the Day 1-4 bounties again? It's probably somewhere in the thread but it moves so fast.

Moon bounty is the same as the ember caves ones, wait for ship, kill scorch captains, etc etc.

Moon spawn is either at the warsat public event spawn or on the opposite side, near the helipad.

Four chest locations, pics were posted in the previous pages.

Moon bounty is the same as the ember caves ones, wait for ship, kill scorch captains, etc etc.

Moon spawn is either at the warsat public event spawn or on the opposite side, near the helipad.

Four chest locations, pics were posted in the previous pages.

Cool thanks Ruthless. I'll probably help with the duties for the day 6 bounty tomorrow ;)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just wanted to say thanks to the GAFfer who chatted to me on PSN and talked me through the situation with Destiny at the moment. It seems like there's a lot of time investment involved in playing this game, more so given that I don't own either of the expansions. I could get them - I got a PSN gift card for my birthday recently - but it would literally use up all of that credit, and I'm sure you can understand I'm a bit reluctant to shell out that much for something I don't have the proper amount of time (20 hours a week was suggested as an example figure) to devote to. So I'm going to hold off on that, and maybe hope that there'll be a sale on the first expansion later this year or something.

One thing that does bother me a bit, I was trying some crucible today and I'm getting matched up with people who are like level 32 - is it really the case that literally everyone is level 32 now? Because I found it really difficult to be able to kill anyone in there, whereas they all seemed to be able to kill me with one shot. I know the level advantages are supposed to be disabled in crucible but it sure didn't seem that way.
Thanks to whoever it was that chatted with you.

That kind of time investment (20 hours a week?) isn't remotely necessary, and level 31+ is way way closer than it might seem for you.

Do you have an Exotic helm item yet? Do you happen to know how many strange coins you've got? I guess the Weekly is a DLC strike this week which sucks, but you might already have a few on you?

You could consider just buying the House of Wolves DLC that comes out on Tuesday and hold off on TDB for now. One of the new activities coming with HoW is only a level 28 requirement.

The level difference doesn't impact damage or anything in the Crucible, but they likely have really good guns (and experience) that you don't yet. It can be a lot of fun if you learn the maps and ins and outs but definitely can be rough as a newbie. :)

I don't know if you've raided at all yet, but I run weekly newbie raids usually on Thursdays, definitely sign up if interested next time I post them.
don't play crucible. that's one of the worst experiences in the game, especially for a newbie.
*shrug* opinion of course, people who like pvp should feel free to try it, it takes acclimatization but you can do well even <level 20.

RemiLP

O shit! Finaly got a GH! Woho! :)

Was playing crucible and my gf wanted to watch tv, thankfully she was in a good mood and let me finish the match ;)

And i came dead last lol. Dont feel bad tho, was about time i got it :)

RNG going to RNG.

Picked up 3 Gjallarhorn's in the last 11 days.

5th May - Normal Deathsinger
12th May - Nightfall
16th May - Hard Atheon

Still missing Monte Carlo, meh

You are going to get rocked in the Crucible until you get a top tier weapon. I'd avoid it as much as you can for now.

I strongly disagree. I ran crucible all the time leveling up for the first time and I really enjoyed it. I was below average, but then I'm below average mow that I've got the power weapons too

Thorn or throwing knife with burn or grenades that keep enemies burning is what you need to keep their shields down.

Yeah, it helps a lot.

Actually I was having issues with the same guy and you suggested this tactic via party chat. I appreciate the help.

When are we doing Borderlands again? There are mass murdering robots that need to be salvaged.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

Level advantages are disabled. But weapon perks and stats are still there. Fire rate, impact, reload speed etc... There are several blue weapons I still use in crucible because I like the stats better than any legendary or exotic weapon I have. So don't convince yourself that you need an exotic weapon to compete.
Thorn kills everyone though. So don't stress. Haha. If your screen goes green you might as well just get ready to mash X to respawn.

Not sure what mode you are playing on but I suggest control. I feel it's your best chance on playing with randoms that play together (a bit).

SkylineRKR

Venus chest farm is the best social exp in destiny since the loot cave. Its crazy awesome seeing so many poeple on patroll

I did this for a bit to see what the fuzz is about and it did feel like the loot cave. I think I missed that in this game. The loot cave wasn't that dumb after all, you were shooting and pranking eachother and then book it to public events.

Lots of activity at wolves areas now, and the players I encountered found each treasure right away making a second grab easy enough.

I strongly disagree. I ran crucible all the time leveling up for the first time and I really enjoyed it. I was below average, but then I'm below average mow that I've got the power weapons too

How long ago was that? I too started in the crucible, but that was back when everyone used Shingen-C's. Its much different now.

SkylineRKR

How long ago was that? I too started in the crucible, but that was back when everyone used Shingen-C's. Its much different now.

When I created an alt in like dec, I did very well in crucible with just green weapons like the Cydonia. I think it matches you on skill, and as a newcomer alt you have none yet. When I joined friends games on their main I was fucked.

am looking at getting into some raids today hopefully. I only ever did half of VoG due to me being drunk and falling asleep

Depending on where you are at and how late you are staying up I will definitely be down for a raid. after 10PM Eastern time.

Drunken raids are the best. We could do that just not focus on drinking till after Gorgans Maze.

Theorry

Quite a good read on Forbes.

Destiny's New 'Queen's Wrath' Event Is Everything Right With The Game

Yesterday, Bungie switched on the hype machine for its upcoming Destiny DLC, The House of Wolves, and did so in an unusual way. Rather than simply dropping one last trailer, they actually patched new content into the game itself as a way to lure players back into playing ahead of the launch of Wolves.

I read a post the other day about how players miss Destiny’s loot cave, a borderline exploit where players would sit outside a cave and pick off quickly-spawning enemies in order to farm for loot drops. It was cheap, and kind of lame, but there was something oddly satisfying about it, both in terms of the drops, but also the weird sense of community it created that was five or six strangers all shooting into a cave, simply understanding what needed to happen.

This is one of the times where Destiny truly feels like a living world, and though technically Queen’s Wrath is little more than promotion for $20 DLC dropping next week, it’s a far more effective marketing strategy that simply spitting out new trailers and screenshots. Players are actually drawn back into playing the game and remembering why they may have liked it quite a bit before they ran out of stuff to do. It’s a stroke of genius that has the potential to get veteran players amped and bring those who have departed back into the fold.

It’s in moments like this when you can catch a glimpse of the true potential of Destiny as a communal, creative, changing world, even if it still has its shortcomings.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...rath-event-is-everything-right-with-the-game/

Theorry

Its not a passage coin. Its a coin where you can buy "boosts" from Brother Vance. Like adding one win or your first lost gets swiped away etc.
Or they just added the real passage coins.

Quite a good read on Forbes.

Destiny's New 'Queen's Wrath' Event Is Everything Right With The Game
I love a game with updates to mix things up but I'm still not sold on whats supposed to be the interesting gameplay in patrolling these worlds at high level, effortlessly gunning down grey enemies while collecting the occasional chest or natural resource and not much of anything else.

Other aspects of Destiny have taken time for me to grock but the core gameplay ideas behind patrols for players who have leveled past those areas is something that still completely eludes me.

Carbonox

I saw the patch notes but have yet to load up the game and check new stuff. I'm seeing folks mention farming and shit so could someone provide me a bullet point list of things I should get done before Tuesday with the new content?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom