• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbob

I saw the patch notes but have yet to load up the game and check new stuff. I'm seeing folks mention farming and shit so could someone provide me a bullet point list of things I should get done before Tuesday with the new content?

1. Visit Petra Venj in the Tower and grab the available Bounties.
  2. Go to one of the locations that the Bounty target is located at in Patrol Mode.
  3. Wait for the 'A Pack of Wolves is Prowling' message to appear on your HUD.
  4. Defeat the Target, search for the Ether Chest.
  5. Rinse and Repeat.
It may also be a good idea to look over this Reddit post to learn where the Ether Chests spawn.

Edit: Another good Reddit Post for Queen's Wrath: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/362yg9/queens_wrath_megathread/

Wallach

I love a game with updates to mix things up but I'm still not sold on whats supposed to be the interesting gameplay in patrolling these worlds at high level, effortlessly gunning down grey enemies while collecting the occasional chest or natural resource and not much of anything else.

Other aspects of Destiny have taken time for me to grock but the core gameplay ideas behind patrols for players who have leveled past those areas is something that still completely eludes me.

I'm kind of with you on that. Like the Queen's Wrath missions are nice because those enemies are much harder and aren't scaled down to the zone; you can easily get messed up by any of the packs if you aren't minding your business. But the rest of the Patrol zones are just full of trivial enemies to endgame players, and I don't understand why they aren't using better level scaling or something to make the Patrol mode more engaging. It could use a bunch of new missions/events along the lines of these Queen's Wrath bounties - these kind of events are by far the highlight of Patrol - but I'd prefer if even the regular enemies weren't left so far behind.

Carbonox

1. Visit Petra Venj in the Tower and grab the available Bounties.
  2. Go to one of the locations that the Bounty target is located at in Patrol Mode.
  3. Wait for the 'A Pack of Wolves is Prowling' message to appear on your HUD.
  4. Defeat the Target, search for the Ether Chest.
  5. Rinse and Repeat.
It may also be a good idea to look over this Reddit post to learn where the Ether Chests spawn.

Edit: Another good Reddit Post for Queen's Wrath: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/362yg9/queens_wrath_megathread/

Thanks!

So Keys and Coins are basically all to focus on at this point?

Do we even know what each actually do yet

Also are the Wolves Patrol events timed?

phen0m24

First time I've ever had TLW fire in slow motion on me.

At least you're talking.
ok so swearing counts

:)

And I wouldn't doubt that you could kill Praetorians with TLW

You guys are crazy

I would say that what TG is doing right now is
creating content. He should be a PvP streamer

At least you're talking.
ok so swearing counts

:)

And I wouldn't doubt that you could kill Praetorians with TLW

You guys are crazy

I would say that what TG is doing right now is
creating content. He should be a PvP streamer

lol I did say before the stream there may need to be a parental advisory :p

Moreche

I'm having an issues on PS4 with the application data update being stuck in a loop.
It sits nearly at a full update and completes when I leave the game but then tries again when I start.

phen0m24

Tell everyone to make their voice available in the stream options.. Fig is chuckling and "Hmm"ing to herself.

Come on you turkeys

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Have one spot Crota HM.

I'm back. Plans cancelled. Started to rain.

That kid was too focus on telling me how to run sword when he can't even dps from bubble which you can do.

Anybody wants to help me get Wheel his Crota kill. I'll run sword.

1. Moi
2. Wheel

That kid was too focus on telling me how to run sword when he can't even dps from bubble which you can do.

1. Moi
2. Wheel

I can help if you guys still need bodies. DPS pro right here.

1. Moi
2. Wheel

I can go for another kill. Going to be on a 31 titan though

Atone13

1. Moi
2. Wheel

We kind of gave up and they went to do VoG. If he's still interested after that I'd be down, would like the HM kill tonight if possible.

Out 1

1. Moi
2. Wheel

Moi. I'm online

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I can go for another kill. Going to be on a 31 titan though

You can be mr bubbles perfectly with a 30 or 31.

Just join up on me since I'm there and join my party.

As usual DPS as soon as I get on second rock. Don't hesitate. When I get up there it means I'm ready.

BondFancy

Question for Warlockgaf, how is Bad Juju with the obsidian mind for pvp? Better yet anyone have a gameplay of them runnin the combo? Very interested to see how many nova bombs you get in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom