• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

rNilla

i'd like to know why the fuck these bounties are so fucking hard, it's impossible to solo these. i wonder what the fuck bungie employees are smoking by designing a boss that recharges its shields in 5 seconds and eats 10 ghorns like they're nothing. i guess they don't like me playing their game.

In this case arc weapons > horn, especially 4th Horseman. Ghorn does next to nothing due to the quickly recharging arc shields.

Kalamari

Does anyone want to help out with the Oracles and Templar run? Out of the kindness of your heart? Just need one person. Templar is a bit difficult with 5.

jett

D-Member
Why is the discharge from your fusion rifle immediately cut off after you die? I've missed on so many kills. :( It's like your rocket disappearing in mid-air if you die before it hits!

Welp I feel accomplished for my small time grinding.

2 out of the 5 bounties done on all 3 of my character. 2 passage coins on all my character. And 1 treasure key.

Now I'm going to bed as a recent graduate. Bleeding Hoya Blue til death.

Peace DGAF

rNilla

Ok thanks!

Is that the only way we will be able to upgrade her rep then? Instead of a daily set of bounties it is weekly? One a day?

Assuming it works the same way once HoW launches, yes. However, in the original reveal there were other types of bounties (or at least ones with different icons) so who knows if these will work the same? Anything is possible.

xfVywHN.png

GhaleonEB

My semi-sortof-irregular group is going to give that a shot tomorrow (we all have crazy different schedules). We tried once before but had to bail after an hour or two - this was Destiny early days and we spent a good amount of time trying to figure things out. I'm not sure how reliable we'll be with raiding, but we'll give it a try.

What I ended up doing today and what I can maybe do from here on out is to run the Daily Heroic Story and bump the difficulty up a bit. Just solo'd today's at 26 to give it a shot, and as promised I got one shard at the end of it. And at 28 it rewards two of em. Now I only need 12 more ;p

Luckily patience is something I *do* have when it comes to games and their grinds - if I can get one or two shards a day from the Daily Heroic Story that's perfectly fine with me. But if that stops being the case come Tuesday (with all the changes to shards and the like) I guess my way forward is just to play the new stuff and buy HoW legendaries?

You are in a very similar place as I was not long ago; I also ran daily heroic missions for weeks to level my gear high enough. I honestly don't know what the plan is for them going forward. My thinking is, Bungie expects that you'll be able to acquire new HoW gear quickly, which does not have the shard requirements. (Just buy Vanguard armor and level it, for example.) That will make leveling older gear that uses shards harder, though.

phen0m24

Welp I feel accomplished for my small time grinding.

2 out of the 5 bounties done on all 3 of my character. 2 passage coins on all my character. And 1 treasure key.

Now I'm going to bed as a recent graduate. Bleeding Hoya Blue til death.

Peace DGAF

congrats D!! awesome

Assuming it works the same way once HoW launches, yes. However, in the original reveal there were other types of bounties (or at least ones with different icons) so who knows if these will work the same? Anything is possible.

hehe.. "howling raiders in the hall of whispers"

EL CUCO

Well, got all the Petra bounties done and ToO passage coins for all 3 toons on my first day back on Destiny. Also did some chest farming and atleast I scored 1 key.

Feels good to be back on the grind. Looking forward to new gear.

is the reset going to be delayed till 10 PDT on tuesday, or is it just the HoW activation? I need to earn enough marks to buy some vanguard stuff but they're all going to be replaced with HoW.

You are in a very similar place as I was not long ago; I also ran daily heroic missions for weeks to level my gear high enough. I honestly don't know what the plan is for them going forward. My thinking is, Bungie expects that you'll be able to acquire new HoW gear quickly, which does not have the shard requirements. (Just buy Vanguard armor and level it, for example.) That will make leveling older gear that uses shards harder, though.

Talking about old gear, weren't they supposed to outline/describe what would happen to old raid gear? I think it was mentioned that they were going to talk about the gear changes to old raids..

ethomaz

Banned
is the reset going to be delayed till 10 PDT on tuesday, or is it just the HoW activation? I need to earn enough marks to buy some vanguard stuff but they're all going to be replaced with HoW.
Seems like Raids will reset at the right time but who will do them before the new gears be available.

Weekly, Nightfall and Daily will be delayed until 10 PDT.

ich00

If anyone is interested in running hm crota, I need 3, a sword ninja would be good. I'm trying to help my little brother get his first hm completion. Ichabod00 is my psn.

jett

D-Member
Bungie was right, a lot more stuff drops on the crucible now!

And by stuff I mean of course all kinds of blue garbage I don't want or need. There should be an "automatic shard" option for green and blue shit.

BondFancy

Bungie was right, a lot more stuff drops on the crucible now!

And by stuff I mean of course all kinds of blue garbage I don't want or need. There should be an "automatic shard" option for green and blue shit.

Saw someone get a thunderlord today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom