• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermas

Are Ruin Wings broken? I'm using them for the Queen stuff (rockets all the time), but heavy doesn't really seem to be dropping??

ich00

I am only doing this to help out Ichi. I'm enjoying it though. I'm loving him explaining literally every single detail.

Yea that was something. Blod's my brother and that was his first hm kill. That guy running sword I found on reddit, he did a good job tho. I kinda take for granted all the little details you have to get right in hm, it was fun hearing the VERY detailed explanation of everything.

Thanks again for the help! I appreciate it!

ich00

I'm coming, need to restart. My controller stopped working for no reason.

EDIT: Well. Spot was taken. Still you could've at least said hello and goodbye before kicking me out of the party.

Sorry about that, it got way later than I thought and I wasn't on GAF to see your message that you were coming back until after we started up.

Jinjo

Woah, the new Hunter and Warlock exotics are fucking hype. 6x golden gun damage but one shot? Melee always triggers life steal? Better scatter grenade? Radiance blinds? I needs them.

Titans got the shaft this time around, but that's okay, they already had some amazing exotics.

Woah, the new Hunter and Warlock exotics are fucking hype. 6x golden gun damage but one shot? Melee always triggers life steal? Better scatter grenade? Radiance blinds? I needs them.

Titans got the shaft this time around, but that's okay, they already had some amazing exotics.

wat

Apt101

Maxed out my 123 SYZYGY. I like this weapon. I'll miss it when I inevitably upgrade during HoW. 334 damage, I suppose that's good. My Found Verdict is getting there, three upgrades left. Need some energy. And my exotic helm is getting closer.

Speaking of, I pre-ordered HoW and got to download a decent, static theme. Three months ago if someone asked me what I thought of Destiny I'd have written a mini rant regarding story and grind. But returning with TDB seeing all of the changes, I am in love with the game. I feel the same enthusiasm logging in that I had with early WoW - which is saying a lot. I've played that game off and on for a decade-ish.

eh

golden gun is already a OHK in PvP (before it was nerfed at least) unless you fire it on a striker or voidwalker mid-super. its main draw compared to the other supers was that you had 3-4 shots, which meant you could miss and still kill multiple opponents for 4-8 orbs of light. that helmet wont be very useful there.

for PvE, symbiote lets you take out targets in different locations. maybe you can spec combustion with the nighthawk into a group of powerful adds (undying mind for example), but it's still only going to generate 8 orbs of light. and then it's just a glorified novabomb.

it's a cool concept, but i'm not exactly lining up for it. gunslinger's need less golden gun oriented exotics if you ask me.

the double jump one is what i'm really interested in, as is the exotic that increases your accuracy in the air. but as we were talking about on stream earlier today, knucklehead radar is really hard to give up in PvP.

Omni

Okay. Can you delete stuff? Because of this key farming, I'm facing this.

wG6FvG.png

Special ammo synthesises. It would take 5 hours of constant using to get rid of them. SURELY I'm missing something

Navy Bean

I tried skirmish with randoms for the first time late tonight (when it's all hardcore). What a shit show. Not a single game that was even remotely close. Blinks everywhere. ToO will be a hot mess lol. Maybe it'll be better with a team but to me it's not a fun mode solo at all.

Wallach

Okay. Can you delete stuff? Because of this key farming, I'm facing this.

wG6FvG.png

Special ammo synthesises. It would take 5 hours of constant using to get rid of them. SURELY I'm missing something

Nope. For whatever reason they've never implemented any functionality to discard ammo synthesis packs outside of the Invective bounty.

BondFancy

God crucible is fucking terrible, they really need to do some rebalancing. It's pretty much Thorn, TLW, Bladedancing or you're screwed.

3 keys! One more to go and then I will be content. As you can carry a max of five keys per character its unlikely that you would need any extras. So 4 seems a reasonable number to shoot for since we don't all have Death's luck :p

Jinjo

So this key farming, is that just running about killing Wolves then trying to find the chest?

Basicly. And when you get a chest try to double or triple dip by leaving the zone and coming back again. You can keep getting rewards from the chest 'till the timer runs out.

Jinjo

eh

golden gun is already a OHK in PvP (before it was nerfed at least) unless you fire it on a striker or voidwalker mid-super. its main draw compared to the other supers was that you had 3-4 shots, which meant you could miss and still kill multiple opponents for 4-8 orbs of light. that helmet wont be very useful there.

for PvE, symbiote lets you take out targets in different locations. maybe you can spec combustion with the nighthawk into a group of powerful adds (undying mind for example), but it's still only going to generate 8 orbs of light. and then it's just a glorified novabomb.

it's a cool concept, but i'm not exactly lining up for it. gunslinger's need less golden gun oriented exotics if you ask me.

the double jump one is what i'm really interested in, as is the exotic that increases your accuracy in the air. but as we were talking about on stream earlier today, knucklehead radar is really hard to give up in PvP.

You're right when it comes to PvP, but in PvE I think that helmet can be great. Basicly a long distance nova bomb/titan smash. Slap combustion on there, and assuming that does 6x damage too the damage potential is amazing for taking out groups and elites. Especially the latter is what GG is pretty much useless again.

The bladedancer gloves are okay too. Gives you backstab and invis on crouch, especially in the latter row I always seem to be switching that perk up. Don't think I'll trade out my Don't Touch Me's for that one though. Kinda meh on the extra jump. Fun maybe, but not much practical benefit compared to other exotics. Might combo nice with the Vesta Dynasty though.

Warlocks definitely win this time though. Titan helmet and boots suck, I guess the gauntlets can be fun in PvP since you will always win a melee exchange.

Omni

Nope. For whatever reason they've never implemented any functionality to discard ammo synthesis packs outside of the Invective bounty.

That's incredibly stupid. As if vault space wasn't limited enough and now I've lost four extra spots.

Frenden

Banned
Three keys and three engrams today. Thanks, farm GAF!

And sorry to the one person I hit with a sparrow at a chest. I usually have good sparrow manners, but I was on the Vita and misjudged my tiny vita stick dexterity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom