• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCobalt

Starting to get back into since HoW is coming soon. Got a quick question though. I have a few legendary engrams in my vault from a month or two ago. If I decide to decrypt it after HoW releases, would there be a chance I get a dlc item?

Atone13

YOu doing it right now, lets work on it together. I am halfway through.

I actually just got off. I might, MIGHT, have some things to take care of around here for a little bit. But I am actively trying to postpone them. Give me about 10 mins and if I can I'll let you know and hop back on.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Any farming groups happening? Otherwise I'll wait until tonight when more people are seem to be doing it then.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Anyone doing or want to do HM Crota? Im a 31 Titan and I've got a jonesing for some of those weapon drops.

I've done Normal a few times and HM once.

Atone13

Just got a treasure key from the pack of wolves chest. What's it for?

When you complete the PoE in the next xpac, your given a key and sent into a treasure room where said key is used to open a chest. There are apparently a few chests in there, so the more keys you have, the more chests you can open at once.

Anyone doing or want to do HM Crota? Im a 31 Titan and I've got a jonesing for some of those weapon drops.

I've done Normal a few times and HM once.

If you can get a team together, that would be 4 more sure I will join up.

Edit: That is if Atone is good and does what he is supposed to do.

darthbob

Can't sign into Destiny, says the servers are down.

Checked help.bungie.net, and that didn't seem to indicate any issues. :(

Edit: Restarted PS4, worked. I feel dumb lol

Gordon

So is
Deadshot Luna
the next Suros then? Looks intense. I've been looking at it more and more as I'm trying to decide what to buy. I'm up to
level of hyped, so that's good... lol

coy

Checking in on DGAF and we have ourselves some birthday celebrations for colonel and fig. Happy birthday to you both!

I've been away from everything gaming (except P&D) and I am lost when it comes to all the HoW things happening. Trying to catch up through reddit and still feeling behind on things. Here's hoping this week allows for some leisure time.

Ein Bear

Although if you get to the stage (like I have) that you actually want to find dead ghosts so you can read new grimoire cards, it might be time to play something else once in a while :)

I've just spent the last half hour reading grimoire cards after what you were saying about the nerdy time travel stuff... You've given me your disease! :p

Atone13

If you can get a team together, that would be 4 more sure I will join up.

Edit: That is if Atone is good and does what he is supposed to do.

Alright, I'm good for some games Toaster, I'll be firing the ps4 up in about 2 mins. If you just wanna do some games while Matt works on filling that raid group, I'm cool with you heading out if the group forms. Now that I can actively make progress on the bounty, I'm in no real rush to get it done today.

Quick edit: Anyone else who might wanna get some crucible in with me and Toaster feel free join on me, psn atone1382.

Kalamari

So is
Deadshot Luna
the next Suros then? Looks intense. I've been looking at it more and more as I'm trying to decide what to buy. I'm up to
level of hyped, so that's good... lol

It's stability isn't that great, good luck keeping it on target in auto-fire. And it's sights are pretty garb too.

ExVicis

what does it do exactly?

As I understand it there's chests in the Prison that you can use those keys on to open and there's some good stuff in there. So I suppose you want keys for that. Howeer, reportedy you get these keys also for completing PoE so it's also possible all these keys might just be super redundant. Which is why I'm fine with only having one.

So far we have found:

Moon buggy on the right [Credits Forerunner]:
uC4Bi6xh.png

Antenna near the dome:
OLT31wCh.jpg

Under the bridge, close to the building on the left:
0jO3eTLh.jpg

On top of the bridge halfway:
v3uSei7h.jpg

Building on the left when you spawn in, near Chinese characters on the wall [Credits Namikaze1]:
CFOaozpWMAAFrlV.jpg:orig

Deku Tree

Just got a treasure key from the pack of wolves chest. What's it for?

Almost certainly for the treasure room at the end of a PoE run. Theory is that the room contains multiple chests so if you have a few keys going in you get more drops at the end of the run...

According to this link posted earlier in the thread it seems like Royal Amethists drop from the Queen's Crystal Barrows, located beneath the PoE and opened with Treasure Keys.

So the treasure keys do give you glimmer...

Shards of rare Glimmer-laced gems from the Queen's Crystal Barrows.

Lol. http://www.destinydb.com/items/4085335778

With this new exchange I got so much glimmer it's crazy.

black stig

Neo Member
It's on in just under 2 hours. Wish us luck guardians!

1. black_stig
2. ThingontheFloor
3. Rollo Tomasi (kreepmode)
4. captscience
5. thenal84
6. gunawi

Wallach

They give you glimmer? LOL. Never farming these chests ever again.

We don't know for sure what all will be in the chests these open. The Royal Amethysts seem to be one of the rewards, but it's hard to say if it is the only thing in the chests, or even exactly what the Royal Amethysts are for.

So the keys will open chests in the treasure room. But they also drop upon completing PoE. What if the PoE drop (key) is the weekly reward for PoE. If you were to then run it again you'd get into the treasure room but get nothing unless you have a key with you. So in theory you would be able to run PoE multiple times a week for rewards. As long as you grind for keys.

Anyone else got any thoughts? I honestly can't see bungie letting someone walk into PoE, complete it once and get 5x the amount of drops in one go. They are gonna make you complete it each time for that treasure

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I've just spent the last half hour reading grimoire cards after what you were saying about the nerdy time travel stuff... You've given me your disease! :p

Ha!

Yeah, I think the main 'campaign story' is just whatever was left of the plot after the writer left during production, but I think the world and lore are actually quite interesting.

I never liked the Vex that much until after the Vault of Glass. I think the Hive are my favourite. I like the idea of space-Lovecraft monsters living under the moon. I think the Summoning Pits strike hints at some pretty grisly stuff, as do the chains and hooks hanging from the ceilings.

The Cabal seem the least inspired to me, but that could just be because I don't like the Mars environment, it all looks pretty bland and samey to me. I don't like the Mars pvp maps either.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Got 4 lookin to start a fresh NM CE, let's get this fool!

I'm tempted!

I said I would wait though because I've played way too much destiny today already and my Titan is only level 29.

If you are REALLY stuck I can join, but I'll probably just be dead weight tbh.

Dave_6

Sorry to squidhands and spyder! Power went out here and stayed out for almost two hours right in the middle of us farming on the moon. I did at least finally have one key drop for me but still not one legendary engram from one of these chests :(

Edit: Happy Birthday fig and phenom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom