• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think about it, it does make sense that it would be glimmer. From what we seen the enemies in PoE don't reward glimmer, so this could make up for it.

deafmedal

I'm tempted!

I said I would wait though because I've played way too much destiny today already and my Titan is only level 29.

If you are REALLY stuck I can join, but I'll probably just be dead weight tbh.

I'll come, although i'm headsetless until tuesday.

Know what i'm doing just shout at me if needs be lol

already on your friends list, Langoit
I believe we currently have space for 1, so sploatee the spot is yours if you want it...
or you guys could knife fight for it!

You in for tonight's podcast?

nah. it frankly seems crowded and i'm not really good for audible discussion.

besides i'm swamped with trying to catch up in-game and finish the house of wolves thread on top of other stuff. who knew designing a few banners would require so much mental gymnastics?

ExVicis

Ha!

Yeah, I think the main 'campaign story' is just whatever was left of the plot after the writer left during production, but I think the world and lore are actually quite interesting.

I never liked the Vex that much until after the Vault of Glass. I think the Hive are my favourite. I like the idea of space-Lovecraft monsters living under the moon. I think the Summoning Pits strike hints at some pretty grisly stuff, as do the chains and hooks hanging from the ceilings.

The Cabal seem the least inspired to me, but that could just be because I don't like the Mars environment, it all looks pretty bland and samey to me. I don't like the Mars pvp maps either.
Really I always liked the Fallen the best. They're hinted at not being very smart, being no more than scavengers and lowly looters in all instances you see them and their rank-and-file guys are called Dregs and Vandals.

Yet they're separated by Houses, have nobility class, is one of the few aliens with cloaking tech and employs robots and finally as their name implies they used to be a mighty space Empire but have since descended into being scavenging brutes and we have no clue as to why. I feel like the Fallen have a lot of hinted at backstory that sounds really cool.

Ha!

Yeah, I think the main 'campaign story' is just whatever was left of the plot after the writer left during production, but I think the world and lore are actually quite interesting.

I never liked the Vex that much until after the Vault of Glass. I think the Hive are my favourite. I like the idea of space-Lovecraft monsters living under the moon. I think the Summoning Pits strike hints at some pretty grisly stuff, as do the chains and hooks hanging from the ceilings.

The Cabal seem the least inspired to me, but that could just be because I don't like the Mars environment, it all looks pretty bland and samey to me. I don't like the Mars pvp maps either.

Cabal are definitely the worst, from a design standpoint and also when fighting. I'm curious though to see if the fifth race actually exist or if it was removed.

FiveConceptAlienRacesMoodboard_zps322222b6.jpg

Ha!

Timekeeper is everything i love about the planet Mars. Bungie generally did a good job capturing its environment.

CHoHyod.jpg

sezDYq9.jpg

FJGis9f.jpg

5dM4n3r.jpg

It's also one reason I like Bastion. Red sand dunes with curvy trees and tall ancient structures looks very fantastical.

The level design on the other maps however - especially the Patrol space - is very boring and doesn't really feel the same. I also think the Cabal aren't very interesting to fight since they're slow and hide behind shields. It doesn't help either that the Patrol space has a million dead ends, so it's a chore to do Patrol bounties on compared to the other ones that are easy to loop around.

todd360

Will you be streaming live, or recorded only?

I was looking into doing audio live where I upload the podcast, but it looks I can't invite people to that. I would like to do a live recording at some point if people would be interested in that. I just need to figure out a good way to do it.

Maybe I could do it over YouTube and then rip the audio file off the video to upload to podcast.

Tawpgun

This is what Destiny should have been.

Meeting up with other guardians in the world to take on challenges. The new Wolves event is awesome for this.

speaking of catching up, it looks like i'm going to throw myself back on the fatebringer grind.

hard Vault of Glass 2x on PS4. we'll start when we're full

6. Zoba

Quote to add yourself

Wallach

speaking of catching up, it looks like i'm going to throw myself back on the fatebringer grind.

5. WallachGAF
6. Zoba

Quote to add yourself

I haven't done any raiding this week, so I'm down for at least one. Admittedly I've only done HM VoG once, maybe twice.

Edited in PS4 name.

darthbob

That would make sense, they do look humanoid in picture. Maybe they could also be humans consumed by the Darkness. They definitely exist though, this artwork pretty much matches the triangle images.

Literally my favorite piece of concept art for Destiny.

During one of the GDC talks that Bungie had they showed that image and teased their origin. I NEED TO KNOW!

Langy

5.Langoit
6. Zoba

Quote to add yourself

After the disappoiting haul from Crota there, i think i'll give the vault a go see if i can have a better RNGesus this time. micless though i hope you dont mind?

PSN is Langoit

todd360

Hey would people be interested in a live recording of the mythocast tonight? I think I figured out how to do it on YouTube with google + hangouts

If we do this I'm going to need to add everyone on Google + I think. So the people on the show will need to add me as a friend. You don't need a webcam or anything. We can just do audio.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Really I always liked the Fallen the best. They're hinted at not being very smart, being no more than scavengers and lowly looters in all instances you see them and their rank-and-file guys are called Dregs and Vandals.

Yet they're separated by Houses, have nobility class, is one of the few aliens with cloaking tech and employs robots and finally as their name implies they used to be a mighty space Empire but have since descended into being scavenging brutes and we have no clue as to why. I feel like the Fallen have a lot of hinted at backstory that sounds really cool.

Yeah, I think that's quite cool. I remember reading that Dregs have their lower arms cut off to show their low class, which is also interesting. I'm guessing that "servitor" hints at that robot status.

Cabal are definitely the worst, from a design standpoint and also when fighting. I'm curious though to see if the fifth race actually exist or if it was removed.

FiveConceptAlienRacesMoodboard_zps322222b6.jpg

Yeah. The Cabal music is good tho.

Timekeeper is everything i love about the planet Mars. Bungie generally did a good job capturing its environment.

CHoHyod.jpg

sezDYq9.jpg

FJGis9f.jpg

5dM4n3r.jpg

It's also one reason I like Bastion. Red sand dunes with curvy trees and tall ancient structures looks very fantastical.

The level design on the other maps however - especially the Patrol space - is very boring and doesn't really feel the same. I also think the Cabal aren't very interesting to fight since they're slow and hide behind shields. It doesn't help either that the Patrol space has a million dead ends, so it's a chore to do Patrol bounties on compared to the other ones that are easy to loop around.

Those ancient structures look Vex too, which is kind of neat. I get that Mars is the desert planet, but it feels really barren in a bad way. And, yeah, the Cabal just aren't that interesting. The Phalanxes are OK, I guess, but the rest is just lumbering headshot sponges.

I wonder if there'll be a Fallen raid and then a Cabal raid.

phen0m24

Crap it is Phen0m24 and Figs birthdays today.

Happy birthday guys. May birthdays are the best!

Thanks! Hope yours is awesome as well!

About 3-4 hours worth. Not that much actually. Rufus got 16 keys.

And happy birthday everyone.

Thanks Kadey! :)

Happy May birthdays!

Thanks Vaal! :)

Happy Birthday Fig and Colonel Arnold!!

Put the cookie down! :) thanks X

aw, thanks!

Edit: I kid because I'm sure no one knows when my birthday is but my birthday is in fact tomorrow.

Double Edit: Oh and a happy birthday to Fig and Phen too. Starting to know a lot of people I know are born just a day before me.
Happy happy a day early! :) Enjoy!

Happy birthday Fig & Phen0m!

Thanks Wood! (Always makes me think of Top Gun when I say that)

Happy Birthday Colonel Phenom and Lt. Commander Fig!

Thanks Hawkian! You're pretty much the reason I'm here! :) (started it all)

Happy birthday to both Fig & Phen0m!

Thanks ich00!

Five story missions.

Happy birthdays!!!

The bleep! Thanks deku!

Happy birthday Phen0m24 and Figs!

Bows at the boss-slayer thanks rawr

Checking in on DGAF and we have ourselves some birthday celebrations for colonel and fig. Happy birthday to you both!

I've been away from everything gaming (except P&D) and I am lost when it comes to all the HoW things happening. Trying to catch up through reddit and still feeling behind on things. Here's hoping this week allows for some leisure time.

Thanks Coy! We miss that crazy medic warlock in the Fun Run! :p

Edit: Happy Birthday fig and phenom!

Thanks Dave! :)

Sploat, go with Deaf, raiding with him is awesome.

This man knows the deal. Deaf rocks. Let him sing the song of Negation...

Mine as well! Happy bday fig and phen0m24!

Ragarra! See us nice May people.... happy happy dude! Always fun running with ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom