• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

GutZ31

Alright, so my friend wants to play this again and I'm forced to hop back in. A few things I need to know:

1) Did the nerf the Suros Regime? It seems pretty shit now, though I haven't leveled it up past 1 or two blips

2) I should wait to buy armor for when the new DLC drops right? I assume the vendors will instantly have better shit than the DLC 1 stuff I can buy right now

3) What're the fastest ways to get materials to level up your gear now? I'm level 28, but I'd like to reach 30+ ASAP

Do you have the dark below DLC, and are you on PS4? If yes to both, add me to your friends list.
GutZ31

I will get you through half of it with just us 2 for some chances at gear.

Namikaze1

6 keys. That's all I'm getting. 6 keys cause fuck this.

2 for each. 2 that will easily be replaced by doing both level 32 and 34 PoE challenges and will be used for the following week's chests. Rinse and repeat. Ain't forming for 10 fucking keys.

Alright, so my friend wants to play this again and I'm forced to hop back in. A few things I need to know:

1) Did the nerf the Suros Regime? It seems pretty shit now, though I haven't leveled it up past 1 or two blips

2) I should wait to buy armor for when the new DLC drops right? I assume the vendors will instantly have better shit than the DLC 1 stuff I can buy right now

3) What're the fastest ways to get materials to level up your gear now? I'm level 28, but I'd like to reach 30+ ASAP

1. Yeah all ARs are pretty weak right now both in PvP and PvE. They'll probably rebuff at some point.

2. Yep, all vendor gear after the 19th will be lvl 32 as far as I understand it.

3. Get as many vanguard and crucible marks as you can and buy the new vendor gear. Or grind out the Wolves chests and hope for legendary engrams. These will decrypt to the new level on the 19th. As far as planetary mats and such the requirements for those have been slashed by Bungie in an effort to reduce the grind.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
wha vaalbar's not on either? damn.

give me a few then and I'll hop on unless anyone else volunteers in the meantime

Wallach

BTW has anyone ever run into a bug where you stop getting floating damage numbers? It happened during one of our Templar attempts, and at first I thought it was just a visual thing but it clearly wasn't dealing damage even though it was registering shots. Wish I had saved the clip of that, I always forget about the PS4 recording feature.

Velikost

Do you have the dark below DLC, and are you on PS4? If yes to both, add me to your friends list.
GutZ31

I will get you through half of it with just us 2 for some chances at gear.

Yes and yes. I'll add you, though I'm not sure what you're referring to; the new DLC missions?

Right now I'm just doing some sort of Wolves bounties(?) with a friend. I haven't played the game since they introduced Queen's Wrath for the first time months ago.

1. Yeah all ARs are pretty weak right now both in PvP and PvE. They'll probably rebuff at some point.

2. Yep, all vendor gear after the 19th will be lvl 32 as far as I understand it.

3. Get as many vanguard and crucible marks as you can and buy the new vendor gear. Or grind out the Wolves chests and hope for legendary engrams. These will decrypt to the new level on the 19th. As far as planetary mats and such the requirements for those have been slashed by Bungie in an effort to reduce the grind.

Yeah I definitely notice the nerf. I got wrecked in PvP a couple days ago, and I wasn't too sure why. I'm saving my marks right now, as I realized all the gear would switch over next week.

Wilde

Should I spend all my Vanguard marks on the Secret Handshake and LDR?

Definitely wouldn't recommend it. In two days, all the new Vanguard and vendor weapons will be out, and they'll be able to be re-rolled for different perks, and start at higher damage.

Flawless Raider. Wish us luck guardians!

1. black_stig
2. ThingontheFloor
3. Rollo Tomasi (kreepmode)
4. captscience
5. thenal84
6. gunawi

More Guardian Lords incoming soon! Great job guys. No wipes on DS or Crota.

Running the sword was definitely one of the most exhilarating things I've done in gaming. My hands are still shaking a bit!

Yeah I definitely notice the nerf. I got wrecked in PvP a couple days ago, and I wasn't too sure why. I'm saving my marks right now, as I realized all the gear would switch over next week.
Just to clarify if you have a fully leveled exotic piece of armour right now you will only need 3 new vendor pieces to get to level 32 as they are all light 36. You'll basically be where everybody is at right now in terms of max level.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Are you currently missing a shotgun with Shot Package and Sniper with armor-piercing rounds? They're very solid if so.
Definitely wouldn't recommend it. In two days, all the new Vanguard and vendor weapons will be out, and they'll be able to be re-rolled for different perks, and start at higher damage.
I feel largely the opposite, if you want the particular set of perks and stats available on any gear right now, they're worth buying before they are replaced even if you could theoretically roll an infinite number of times after finding the closest match. It's not like marks are a nonrenewable resource.
Mythocast is canceled for today lol. Nobody showed up. We will talk about the arena some other day.
I can log on now if you want to do it with the four of us. I'm available tomorrow evening too.

Velikost

Just to clarify if you have a fully leveled exotic piece of armour right now you will only need 3 new vendor pieces to get to level 32 as they are all light 36. You'll basically be where everybody is at right now in terms of max level.

I have an exotic chest piece, Voidfang Vestments, but it has a max light of 30. My boy said 36 is the max right now

I haven't played this game in a long time, lol

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So can someone please explain to me what these how items are everyone is farming for or at least point me in the direction to find out more for myself?

Zoidberg

Vanguard won't be selling a shotgun post HoW, there might be a dropped version, but the vendor won't have one.

LDR and the new Vanguard sniper are different guns, LDR is high impact low RoF and the new ones are all high RoF and low impact. It really depends on what type of gun you're after. They can both get armor piercing rounds.

If you have crucible marks, you get more options for shotguns as Dead Orbit and New Monarchy both sell a decent shotty that can be rerolled as you please.

Honestly I'd get Secret Handshake at least, it is a really good shotgun for both pve and pvp and arc damage will be good for any fallen stuff.

Spent two days looking for chests with no luck and the first one after I join a GAF crew I get a legendary engram

HEZ6bve.jpg

GAF is magic

IGN also said that the old raids were going to drop HoW exotics at one point which has been proven to be false... This might be true but I don't take IGN to be 100% confirmation at this point.

This would essentially make weekly lockouts irrelevant. We can all have twenty Etheric light in the first week.

Perhaps the chest contain queen's wrath weapons and not rewards tied to an event (e.g. armor/weapon cores and Etheric Light)

black stig

Neo Member
Great work guys! Hope the clan strike worked out too.

ThingontheFloor
Rollo Tomasi
captscience
Mass Appeal
gunawi

Never been so happy with zero drops from a raid!

I have an exotic chest piece, Voidfang Vestments, but it has a max light of 30. My boy said 36 is the max right now

Ah you have an exotic with pre-TDB max level light. I think, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, that you'll be able to just ascend that straight to 42 light with an exotic shard if you already have it fully leveled. Exotic shards can be bought from Xur for 7 strange coins or you can get one from dismantling an exotic.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

you'll be able to ascend it to 42 light fairly simply when HoW is released.
So can someone please explain to me what these how items are everyone is farming for or at least point me in the direction to find out more for myself?
There is a new bounty vendor that has bounty targets for the queen.

When you kill one, you get a temporary buff that allows you to open a chest that spawns somewhere in the area.

The chest can have engrams or Treasure Keys, the eventual reward of which is still speculative, but related to Prison of Elders.

People are also exploiting the chests by leaving the area and coming back quickly (I.e. Forgotten Shore->Mothyards->Forgotten Shore or whatever) and looting them a second or third time.

Izuna

Banned
Keys, once per LV34 run can be used. Only first run a reset gives you one. Which means, each key is running it again.

Chest it opens gives Etheric Light, Leg, Exotic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom