• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

I know this won't fix the problems with TGD not showing the new HoW engrams, but you can revert to v2.1.4 by deleting the app's cache and data. Then when you reload, it will give you an option to upgrade to the latest version. Select Ignore, and the older version will be used.

The author of TGD moved this weekend, and was, as you can imagine, overwhelmed.
Man I love TG but releasing that major patch right before a move and right before a huge DLC...prob should've waited lol

I'll do that revert trick. Thanks for thr reply

jett

D-Member
If you think about it, it does make sense that it would be glimmer. From what we seen the enemies in PoE don't reward glimmer, so this could make up for it.

Man I hope it's glimmer LOL. I'm sorry but you people are insane for farming for shit you don't even know what it is for.

jett

D-Member
By that logic I shouldn't be playing Destiny at all and its RNG system.

SOOO keep farming brothers

I feel like keys are beyond RNG right now, they're a complete question mark. At least with the rest of the shit you know what you got a chance for. I have this buddy on FL, he's going mad over not getting any keys, been farming since yesterday nonstop. He doesn't even know if they're any good haha.

But yeah farm ahead, farmers. Truly the age of a new loot cave is upon us.

jett

D-Member
I'm such shit at Crucuble. I swear I'm never going to get these 500 void points for Thorn.

Get a fusion rifle. The most decent one on sale is THE CALMING, solid by the FWC faction, I think. A FR will give you a fighting chance against most weapons.

But the only real way to get better is to just keep on playing.

I feel like keys are beyond RNG right now, they're a complete question mark. At least with the rest of the shit you know what you got a chance for. I have this buddy on FL, he's going mad over not getting any keys, been farming since yesterday nonstop. He doesn't even know if they're any good haha.

I think not knowing makes half the fun of farming these keys because there is a chance, small chance yes knowing Bungie and this game, that it leads to something good and not just glimmer.

Even if the keys don't mean much, at least we're are getting legendary drops which can translate into HoW legendaries.

I just personally think it's fun farming in Venus with a 6 man team because it has something else to this game. Had a great time with ruthless, kadey, zw and the crew last night into early this morning. Racing for the chests can be pretty exciting...

thanks for the raid everyone. templar still kicks my ass and jumping puzzle as a warlock blows. but everything else was business as usual.

got corrective measure (first time) and my previous love again

ir3wDpi.jpg

NastyBook

Thanks for having me, Zoba and company. Got the last VoG weapon (Timepiece), so that was totally worth it. Now I just need Kabr's Grips and Tread of the Hezen Lords, and I'll be 100% on VoG.

Trakan

Evidentally IGN revealed what the keys do?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...confirms_what_the_renowned_treasure_keys_are/

At around 13:00 Destin begins to talk about the keys. He states that they're used for the end chest after you beat the prison of elders.

Basically, let's say you beat the final boss on Level 34 PoE, he drops a Treasure Key and after, you go into a room with a big chest. You open the chest using the key that just dropped for you and you get you're rewards (Legendaries, Exotics, Etheric Light etc). Now let's say you run Level 34 PoE again, when you beat the boss a 2nd time he won't drop a Treasure key this time, however if you have one in your inventory, you can use that key to open the treasure chest at the end when you get to it.

In case you're wondering, you can only use one key per run. You can't use all 5 keys at the same chest

So yeah, farm the hell out of those keys. You'll need them.

Deku Tree

thanks for the raid everyone. templar still kicks my ass and jumping puzzle as a warlock blows. but everything else was business as usual.

ir3wDpi.jpg

Congrats. I find warlock to be the easiest with the jumping puzzle (none of them are hard really anymore) I just jump to the third block and then glide over the rest of the way.

Wallach

Same as usual for me and VoG; another Found Verdict and some armor pieces I already had. Even normal + hard drop combo can't save me from that place's RNG.

Velikost

Alright, so my friend wants to play this again and I'm forced to hop back in. A few things I need to know:

1) Did the nerf the Suros Regime? It seems pretty shit now, though I haven't leveled it up past 1 or two blips

2) I should wait to buy armor for when the new DLC drops right? I assume the vendors will instantly have better shit than the DLC 1 stuff I can buy right now

3) What're the fastest ways to get materials to level up your gear now? I'm level 28, but I'd like to reach 30+ ASAP

Played too much Destiny today. Gonna let it rest tomorrow, except perhaps to hand in two bounties I still have. Don't wanna burn myself out.

Looks like I'm all set with my six keys. Come at me, Variks.

Ugh so you can only use 1 key per run. I can't see myself running it multiple times each week on three characters considering I would already run all three challenge modes normally since they all have separate rewards.

Ugh so you can only use 1 key per run. I can't see myself running it multiple times each week on three characters considering I would already run all three challenge modes normally since they all have separate rewards.

Yeah and you get a key per run anyhow @_@

Although it comes to question, there was a reviewer I guess? Someone who played and said he opened 3 chests in one run....

Deku Tree

2 Keys and 2 Purple Engrams.

and

109 Blue Engrams

I'm done.

I've got Hard Crota and Normal VoG x 3 to finish Morrow if LFG is kind.

Bring on HoW

ocean

Banned

Nice to see you got the Vex! How did you lose the Epic Raider trophy though? Trophies shouldn't be deleted even if you delete your character right?

IGN also said that the old raids were going to drop HoW exotics at one point which has been proven to be false... This might be true but I don't take IGN to be 100% confirmation at this point.

This would essentially make weekly lockouts irrelevant. We can all have twenty Etheric light in the first week.

You can't spell Ignorant without IGN? I guess?

blackjaw

Needed one more kill to finish my Invective...got put into four losing matches against really good teams (losing as in less than two minutes left in each of those rounds)...now need 10 kills...thanks matchmaker.

I assume Bungie is going to nerf the output of the ether chests right? The current model really isn't sustainable as they reward far to many engrams and glimmer compared to something like a 20 minute roc strike.

Daemul

So yeah, farm the hell out of those keys. You'll need them.

Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif

Hell no, the drop rate of the keys is low as hell and I got better shit to be doing, plus you get given a key at the end of the PoE anyway and I'm not in any hurry to get everything. Nope, I'm taking my sweet ass time with this DLC.

Y'all who are farming like mad, in a couple of weeks I better not hear y'all complaining about how you've gotten everything and that there's nothing to do in the DLC. Lol who am I kidding, of course that's what people are going to do.
KuGsj.gif

IGN also said that the old raids were going to drop HoW exotics at one point which has been proven to be false... This might be true but I don't take IGN to be 100% confirmation at this point.

This would essentially make weekly lockouts irrelevant. We can all have twenty Etheric light in the first week.

This is also true. The system IGN are describing makes no sense and completely nulls the point of a weekly lockout. Bungie may have made the grind much easier over the past months but they haven't gotten rid of it, not unless they've gone completely mad.

We'll see what happens on Tuesday.

Owensboro

Been gone for the whole weekend. What's this chest farming thing going on? Just killing the Wolves spawns and then running between ether chests to get multiple opens?

Camp heavy spawn with a void machine gun and void shotgun. You're just completing Thorn, who gives a shit if you win or lose.

Get a fusion rifle. The most decent one on sale is THE CALMING, solid by the FWC faction, I think. A FR will give you a fighting chance against most weapons.

But the only real way to get better is to just keep on playing.

Thanks for the tips. I was trying to go it with a Void Machine Gun alone, but I picked up a Void FR. Now I'm up to 125/500 after four rounds of control.

Do all of the new enemies from the Queen's bounties spawn around the same rate? It seems like the guy in Ember Caves was spawning within like 5 minutes of killing him the previous time, but I had to wait a while for the Skywatch guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom