• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilde

I feel largely the opposite, if you want the particular set of perks and stats available on any gear right now, they're worth buying before they are replaced even if you could theoretically roll an infinite number of times after finding the closest match. It's not like marks are a nonrenewable resource.

Yeah, I guess that's true if you really want those specific perks right now.

shermas

I cannot believe how quickly this thread is moving right now... the weekends have been pretty quiet for the last couple months.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
you'll be able to ascend it to 42 light fairly simply when HoW is released.

There is a new bounty vendor that has bounty targets for the queen.

When you kill one, you get a temporary buff that allows you to open a chest that spawns somewhere in the area.

The chest can have engrams or Treasure Keys, the eventual reward of which is still speculative, but related to Prison of Elders.

People are also exploiting the chests by leaving the area and coming back quickly (I.e. Forgotten Shore->Mothyards->Forgotten Shore or whatever) and looting them a second or third time.
thank you. So no one knows what they're for yet? They're just farming them? I've done all the bounties so I guess I'll join the farming.

Agent

Any chest farming groups of with an open spot or does anyone want to start a group? I want to max out engrams on my hunter for a bit before the Mad Men series finale comes on.

Izuna

Banned
So I can only use 3 keys next week? And the lvl35 run?

35 run, dunno. Let's assume it's its own thing. Dunno if chests are different or same.

3 keys next week, means you don't have any on your person.

Run 1: use key from LV34
Run 2: use reserve key
Run 3: use reserve key
until no more keys at reset or pick up keys from elsewhere (?)
/ per character

ExVicis

unless I am really needed to fill the seat I am gonna sit this mythocast out myself. I am home but braintired and my parents are calling me over for dinner.

then promise me you won't.
I promise you Hawk, believe me I'm done! I never wanted it in the first place.

aOLLILi.jpg

Felt good after those wipes.

Great run everyone!

Great run everyone!!! Took us a few wipes at bridge and hallway but deathsinger and Crota were run to perfection. Great job captscience for getting him on two downs!

That whole Crota run my heart was racing lmao. Oh and sorry about my dog scaring the shit out of everyone including me right after deathsinger. I think everyone jumped lol.

Atone13 is nothing short of freaking amazing. Thanks for all your help with Thorn. I am now on the last quest part.

Hope you get your last 40 points in the next match or two.

I can't hold anything until Tuesday patch fixes the Cryptarch. It's pretty ridiculous. I guess if Treasure Keys really do work that way I'll give farming them another (futile) shot. But the Special Synths are too much. They may nerf the chests Tuesday anyway.

ethomaz

Banned
35 run, dunno. Let's assume it's its own thing. Dunno if chests are different or same.

3 keys next week, means you don't have any on your person.

Run 1: use key from LV34
Run 2: use reserve key
Run 3: use reserve key
until no more keys at reset or pick up keys from elsewhere (?)
/ per character
So you can use one key per run? I guessed it was one key per reset (3 keys for 3 characters).

So I can get more keys ;)

Great run everyone!!! Took us a few wipes at bridge and hallway but deathsinger and Crota were run to perfection. Great job captscience for getting him on two downs!

That whole Crota run my heart was racing lmao. Oh and sorry about my dog scaring the shit out of everyone including me right after deathsinger. I think everyone jumped lol.

Congrats, it's a great feeling.

Good job to everyone on that run!

BondFancy

Don't think so since the little ascend bubble is to the left side of upgrade tree. However to get the full potential of old gear, I believe you do have to fill in all bubbles.

That's what I've thought otherwise shards are useless, but no one has specifically come out and confirmed that from what I'm aware of.

Mindlog

Managed 7 more pulls.
Still 0 keys and 2 legendary engrams.

Cleared my Titan's mailbox. Going to farm with it in half an hour.

Accidentally rolled over my Titan's Vanguard rep two days early. Not cool.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I just stumbled onto my first wolves/boss/key scramble with randoms. Pretty fun stuff IMO. :)

It's not my style to farm much of anything, but I'll definitely do this whenever I run into it in the wild.

Frenden

Banned
Had to leave the farming. I'm full up on all slots on all characters. I'm sidelined until Tuesday.

Fill your inventory with one of each telemetry so that you don't have a billion special ammo synths to worry about.

EL CUCO

So I just stumbled onto my first wolves/boss/key scramble with randoms. Pretty fun stuff IMO. :)

It's not my style to farm much of anything, but I'll definitely do this whenever I run into it in the wild.
It can actually be quite challenging when your sparrow gets stuck on something or when you keep falling off a platform, chipping away at precious seconds lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom