• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Guardian Lords incoming soon! Great job guys. No wipes on DS or Crota.

Running the sword was definitely one of the most exhilarating things I've done in gaming. My hands are still shaking a bit!

Aw yis :) Congrats and thanks everyone (black_stig, Rollo, captscience-- pro swordbearer!, thenal84, & gunawi) for the Flawless, I had fun!

Stackboy

Total Destiny newbie, but finished Crota's End for the first time last night. Did it with a 5 man team. Great fun! Keen to run again.

Apt101

Can someone please help me with a story mission? I want to just roll through it. It's level 26, expansion related. Jeff_en-la-boca PSN

El'Kharn

How do you describe that feeling when you get shit all from a chest time and time again but every one around you gets purples and yellows?
0 luck goddammit i need to sacrifice a goat or something

How do you describe that feeling when you get shit all from a chest time and time again but every one around you gets purples and yellows?
0 luck goddammit i need to sacrifice a goat or something

I would descibe it as being happy for your friends

as you silently curse them. Lol

Well thats it for, no more farming, time to grt ready for the work week. I have one key to show for it, 600 blooms and a zillion blues.

Im ok with this

taking a break from stream. dumno how many of you saw me scrubbing it up with bladedancer. just not my style. am always the one gettimg shotgunned.

This 25 strike part of Bad Juju bounty is perhaps going to be an even bigger pain than the PvP part...

And now I keep getting kicked out to the start screen... Great.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well gat damn, it seems like my old stomping grounds of the Citadel on Venus are like prime hot spot territory for these wolves. It seems ideal because of how high you can get to scout where the chest spawned. just messing around doing bounties to clear them and I must have done 5 wolves' runs, along with a few public events. Even got to carry a scorch cannon one time and use it on the public event minotaur, jolly good show!

Nothing of note from the 5 chests though, all synths and bloom.

Actually, don't know if anyone else has noted this but it seems like the wolves chests roll for basically the same as the "critical hit chest" or "mega chest" you can (rarely) get on random patrol. A synth, 8-12 planetary mats, a higher-than-normal chance for engrams including a legendary. Just an extra small chance for a treasure key added I suppose.

Still, the area was hopping with activity, lots of dancing everywhere, people trying to signal to the others where the chest popped, orbs on orbs on orbs, easy patrol missions for 4th horseman cleaning up so much I could almost play without looking.

My apologies to anyone that has sent me invites, I am eating now and have been talking to people outside the game and going AFK constantly. I will be social later on tonight, promise, lol

Atone13

Thorn is mine!!!! Thanks to that Word of Crota from yesterday, I went from 0 to 500 in less than 24 hours. Thank you Flying Toaster for grinding crucible with me, and thank you Wheelhoss for accompanying us for the final part!!! Now to unlock some perks.

Wallach

Actually, don't know if anyone else has noted this but it seems like the wolves chests roll for basically the same as the "critical hit chest" or "mega chest" you can (rarely) get on random patrol. A synth, 8-12 planetary mats, a higher-than-normal chance for engrams including a legendary. Just an extra small chance for a treasure key added I suppose.

That is pretty much what they are, yeah.

Hopefully they add some kind of way to eliminate synthesis because if these chests are still the only place to farm Treasure Keys outside Prison of Elders after Tuesday it'll get to be a big problem space-wise.

so whats the best place to farm? i havent really done much other than the first moon bounty.

actually i havent even done any of the others

The action is faster on Venus because the two Wolves spawns are in Ember Caves and The Citadel, which are connected (left from Patrol spawn-in).

Chests-per-time-wise, Venus is about the same as just staying at Skywatch on Earth, as a couple of the chests there can be hit 4 times, and one can be pulled like 5+ (I heard someone say they managed 7 once). It's more fun to hang out on Venus, but if you need Spinmetal more Skywatch does alright.

Deku Tree

That is pretty much what they are, yeah.

Hopefully they add some kind of way to eliminate synthesis because if these chests are still the only place to farm Treasure Keys outside Prison of Elders after Tuesday it'll get to be a big problem space-wise.

Fill up your consumables inventory with whatever and then you won't get any more synth.

Apt101

I was chilling on the edge of a precipice while talking on my phone. A hunter ran up and melee'd off to my doom. As she stood gloating, dancing, some titan ran up and did the same to her. People.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was chilling on the edge of a precipice while talking on my phone. A hunter ran up and melee'd off to my doom. As she stood gloating, dancing, some titan ran up and did the same to her. People.
There can only be so much trust in the wild.
Venus. The Citadel is pretty great. One of the chests can be opened 3 times per kill if you're fast enough.
the chest reset glitch should be patched imo.

but the ember caves is so close and they have a good setup there too.

Izuna

Banned
Unless you have a team where someone stays back (and rotates), Skywatch is the easiest since you can get 4/5 from Fence and closer is always 4.

But yeah, if you have a good group, VoG is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom