• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
So is it worth getting this game if I'm not a hardcore PVP player?

Saw the guardian edition at 60 bucks on PSN and I was wondering.

Gordon

Yeah man - raiding and what-have-you is good times. PvP is nice too, but not required. Kinda like Halo, but more balanced between the two activites imho.

Edit: Balanced in terms of the potential for time investment end-game. Obviously the 'content' in PvP are the players, not the DLC lol

Trakan

exaMtEQ.jpg

Haha.

i personally don't think the PvE content alone is worth that price unless you actively engage in the end-game activites (raids, strikes, prison of elders). those are great with friends, but you'll need to invest in your character to stay current. it's easy to feel like you're being left behind.

you don't need to be a hardcore PvP player to get the most out of the game, but you'll eventually have to play some if you're chasing certain items or achievements.

Rehsa

Did the bounties on all three characters, farmed a couple of chests a few times, and not a single damn key. I think the rest of GAF stole em all ;P

Welp, I didn't heed my own advice to stop opening those chests. Opened them 6 more times.

y18rztn.gif

Still no Treasure Key, 12 Legendary Engrams and 123 Rares though

Zoidberg

Welp, I didn't heed my own advice to stop opening those chests. Opened them 6 more times.

y18rztn.gif

Still no Treasure Key, 12 Legendary Engrams and 123 Rares though

I'm up to 160 rares, 5 keys and no legendary engrams. I want the legendary engrams more, especially now they've removed materials as a possibility.

WipedOut

Up to 5 keys, think I'm going to call it a week and be down with this farming I say.

6 man patrol is amazing though. Bungie make this the norm and not have to use a workaround. It's like playing mini raids!

wish i could get in on this farming. it's late here and i haven't done the main bounties yet. dunno if i have it in me to spend hours farming for a chance at a couple keys.

Wilde

wish i could get in on this farming. it's late here and i haven't done the main bounties yet. dunno if i have it in me to spend hours farming for a chance at a couple keys.

I'll send you an invite the next time someone drops out.

Gala

Back from vacation! What did I miss last week except the 7gb patch? What are the keys everyone is talking about?

And could anyone provide me with NM and Gorgon or does someone want tot do 3x NF?

hory shet 6 man patrol is crazy

Yup. I mean, just look at this. At one point we had 7 gaffers in the Citadel. Tried to get 9 for a dance off but didn't happen.

AYXcPeW.jpg

Raid coordination. Surrounding fallen ships as soon as they spawned. Captains were dying left and right just as they hit the ground. Total annihilation!

Alright this is gonna be my first time playing since the patch because I was out of town for the weekend. Got the bounties but what am I supposed to be doing after I kill the assigned target?

I hope they add an extra "day-before-HoW-hype" bounty today.
It would be quite sad if there's nothing HoW related to do today except for chest farming on the previous locations.

Ok cool. I'll try to find that.

Here are some posts from previous pages that I could find quickly, but be aware they do not show all locations.
Usually there are 4/5 locations per area.

Some Earth and Venus (Day 1-4) Chest locations

Archer's Line (Day 6 bounty) Chest locations

Lace

Looking to do crota on normal or hard. Got two in my party (both level 32). We can also help with vault of glass but are pretty new to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom