• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midas

I hope they add an extra "day-before-HoW-hype" bounty today.
It would be quite sad if there's nothing HoW related to do today except for chest farming on the previous locations.

Yeah, me too. It's kinda weird that they don't have a bounty for today, so hopefully they'll do something extra. Open the Reef today? That would be nice but probably asking for a bit too much. :)

Z3M0G

Can someone please explain what happened exactly:

- landed on moon to do one of the new bounties
- indicators appeared over the heads of 2 nearby players. Why?
- joined them and a dude appeared with a green light
- killed him, and i think at that point a "key" timer appeared on screen. What is this?
- a marker appeared on my map so i tried following it,but it vanished. Not related?
- no idea what to do so key timer expired.

Wtf was all that about?

the increased crucible marks doesn't suck though

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw them nearly maxed after feeling like I didn't even play much

MrMuscle

Can someone please explain what happened exactly:

- landed on moon to do one of the new bounties
- indicators appeared over the heads of 2 nearby players. Why?
- joined them and a dude appeared with a green light
- killed him, and i think at that point a "key" timer appeared on screen. What is this?
- a marker appeared on my map so i tried following it,but it vanished. Not related?
- no idea what to do so key timer expired.

Wtf was all that about?

- Queen´s Wrath event. Go to the tower and check out the new NPC in the event court for kill bounties.
- The indicators over 2 players mean that they had picked up the Scorch Cannon
- After killing the named mob you get 90 seconds to use the key on a golden chest somewhere in the zone.

Wilde

Weekend farming results (so far):

GWwkEZG.jpg

MPRw96i.jpg

cYC7FNz.png

Pretty good haul, but I want more!

Decrypting all these engrams on Tuesday combined with the ones in the 15 Cryptarch packages I have saved up is going to be crazy!

Very nice! I wonder, does that target acquisition perk mean stronger auto aim or do the bullets track their targets more?

I believe it's how "magnetic" your bullets are. For instance, when you're ysing corrective measure, it's bullets will seemingly hone in on a target's crust point, even if you're not aiming directly at it. So more of that, I guess.

down 2 orth

The amount of marks you can earn per week has always been 100, but yeah it sucks.
Especially when they increase the amount of marks you can get per Crucible game, you'll be capped pretty soon.

Oh ok. I guess I just saw all those sweet weapons and freaked out a little. Back to the grind for me!

I believe it's how "magnetic" your bullets are. For instance, when you're ysing corrective measure, it's bullets will seemingly hone in on a target's crust point, even if you're not aiming directly at it. So more of that, I guess.

Sounds like one of the more useful perks!

123rl

Have Bungie announced how much the new Vanguard items will cost in terms of Vanguard Marks? I've got 200 saved up for each character for some new armour and guns

Wallach

Have Bungie announced how much the new Vanguard items will cost in terms of Vanguard Marks? I've got 200 saved up for each character for some new armour and guns

I don't imagine the costs are going to change for vendor gear. Should remain the same as the current vendor prices.

darthbob

Not yet, but they didn't change with TDB either so I see no reason for the cost to change with HoW. 150 Marks for Weapons, 120 for Hats, and 75 for all other gear is likely what HoW gear will cost.

Hey guys,

I returned after a long break (quit early October). I quit because I couldn't find a proper fireteam and that annoyed me so much.

Are there still groups farming I can join? :) EU player here. I'm a 28 Warlock.

PSN: starti

Would really like to join and hype up :D

Not yet, but they didn't change with TDB either so I see no reason for the cost to change with HoW. 150 Marks for Weapons, 120 for Hats, and 75 for all other gear is likely what HoW gear will cost.

They did rise the prices of certain pieces of armor right? From 65 to 75 marks.

Manp

Weekend farming results (so far):

GWwkEZG.jpg

MPRw96i.jpg

cYC7FNz.png

Pretty good haul, but I want more!

Decrypting all these engrams on Tuesday combined with the ones in the 15 Cryptarch packages I have saved up is going to be crazy!

holy fuck. those purple heavy engrams :°°°

Pookmunki

Hey guys,

I returned after a long break (quit early October). I quit because I couldn't find a proper fireteam and that annoyed me so much.

Are there still groups farming I can join? :) EU player here. I'm a 28 Warlock.

PSN: starti

Would really like to join and hype up :D

Add me on PSN and I'm sure we can sort you out - I'm on most nights 930ish UK time.

Nodnol

Hey DGAF,

I fired up Destiny for the first time in ages this weekend, knowing HoW was round the corner. Did the Bounties, noticed the tweaks they've done since I last played.

Got myself a key; what are these for? Something to do with the Prison of Elders?

I haven't played, or been keeping up with, Destiny in ages. Everyone just wore themselves out with it all following TDB. I think it was a major mistake to delay HoW, but the changes look promising from what I skimmed over. As much as I love the game and how fun it is to actually play, the lack of content caught up with me once I hit 32 and did HM Crota a few times.

123rl

I don't imagine the costs are going to change for vendor gear. Should remain the same as the current vendor prices.

That's what I was hoping would happen. I should be able to afford everything I need on Tuesday then

Carn82

Yeah the timing seems very weird, had to change my days off just for this reason.

well, kinda makes sense. I guess Bungie would want to have some people actually be at the office when stuff goes live, I assume that the weekly resets are automated processes.

Got 3 keys, and 3 legendary's after a sunday playing, pretty happy with it! But just a simple question is it possible to do patrol missions (farming) with more than 3 players in a party?? Thought that 3 the max was.

Shito

Got 3 keys, and 3 legendary's after a sunday playing, pretty happy with it! But just a simple question is it possible to do patrol missions (farming) with more than 3 players in a party?? Thought that 3 the max was.
It's not possible, but there's a "trick": launch a VoG raid, and just quit the starting zone and backtrack to the ones where the queen events are happening.

Wait. How many hours after the weekly reset is that?

As ocean already said, it is 8 hours after the weekly reset. In this gap there won't be NF and weekly iirc.

Only on Venus. Load up VoG with a 6 man fireteam and instead of raising the spire, you just go to the Citadel/Ember Caves. You won't be able to pick up patrol missions, but the Public Events and HoW treasure events will spawn.

Do we know if we will be able to do the HoW story missions and strike at weekly reset tomorrow, or will those unlock later as well along with the rest of HoW?

I don't think we know this, but my guess is that it unlocks along with the rest. I really hope they will add something today. Either a new bounty, a visit to the Reef or maybe play on a new Crucible map just as in the beta.

Ive only done the first bounty, if anyone wants to run through the rest with me, feel free

I haven't done the 2nd moon bounty.

I don't think we know this, but my guess is that it unlocks along with the rest. I really hope they will add something today. Either a new bounty, a visit to the Reef or maybe play on a new Crucible map just as in the beta.

I hope we can do story stuff beforehand, because the HoW timing is terrible for me. 3 am on Wednesday :/

So, Wednesday for me.

Have fun, ya'll.

Where are you located?

I hope we can do story stuff beforehand, because the HoW timing is terrible for me. 3 am on Wednesday :/

Wow that's terrible, you're in Australia right? For me it's ok for once: 7pm, so I have enough time to travel home from my internship.
But I probably only have time for a huge engram opening party and some story missions.

Shito

It's 7pm for me as well, but my only concern is that if they are late with the unlock, I won't get to play it tomorrow evening at all.
If they are on time it's all cool, though, it would be the perfect timing for me; with TDB releasing at reset time I had to spend the whole day at work watching and reading people having fun on it. ^^

TheOddOne

Eventhough I am online by then it is still shitty. We have only 5 hours left of the day here for the DLC.

Always thought the reset time was perfect for most continents/countries
Yup.

On the other hand, it will be cool to see people have done before I get to play it. I can learn from their mistakes :p

No idea how many of my old regulars will be back tomorrow, but I'm planning to reset raid like normal to get raids out of the way for the week. I'll do Crucible or whatever until the HoW stuff drops, then I want to run through the story missions, Nightfall, and PoE for as long as possible.

Not sure if it makes more sense to do stories + NFalls on all three characters first or if I'd rather get into PoE asap. Depends on how hard it will be to get a character to Lv34, I want to tackle the Lv35 PoE as soon as I hit Lv34 on a character, hopefully the first day.

Ji66a-Man

No idea how many of my old regulars will be back tomorrow, but I'm planning to reset raid like normal to get raids out of the way for the week. I'll do Crucible or whatever until the HoW stuff drops, then I want to run through the story missions, Nightfall, and PoE for as long as possible.

Not sure if it makes more sense to do stories + NFalls on all three characters first or if I'd rather get into PoE asap. Depends on how hard it will be to get a character to Lv34, I want to tackle the Lv35 PoE as soon as I hit Lv34 on a character, hopefully the first day.

I'm in.

Midas

Eventhough I am online by then it is still shitty. We have only 5 hours left of the day here for the DLC.

Always thought the reset time was perfect for most continents/countries

Well, I think it's the perfect time. Just when you get home after work. Reset would've been fine as well, but now I have the whole night and the day off the day after, so it'll be a nice day.

It's worse that I will miss the first hours of Trial of Osiris on Friday though.

nOoblet16

I want in if possible !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom