• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSA: Tower Guardian 2.5.8 fixes the icon problem by reverting to old graphics for now. But also new engrams from patch 1.2 shows up now.

On mobile, just tap the screen with three fingers to force an update check.
Why does this get updated through the app itself and not the App Store? Isn't this a big security risk?

Lnkn52

For new page:

The same people that brought you Sparrow Racing League; present you "DESTINY JAILBREAK! Prison of Elders race with HUGE cash prizes!":

Enter for a chance to win up to $1,000 in prizes. A $12 entry fee gets you in the running. Get your whole team to sign up and start talking about how you’ll spend that sweet, sweet prize money.

http://destinyesportsleague.com/jailbreak/

My aim is... not the greatest, I don't know if that has something to do with sensitivity but I play with 6 or 7 sensitivity for the most part.
I'm no PvP beast but when I play PvE, my sens is at 6. When I crossover to PVP, I lower it to 4.

Waldini

Here was little ol' me hoping Bungie would have some secrets up their sleeve. Maybe an Exotic Rocket Launcher? Maybe another secret end-game weapon?

... guess that hope got crushed with the latest patch.

WAIT. Patch today? Please Bungie! Do it!

... #desperate

Skele7on

Banned
TheCryptarch: It's possible those golden bounties full of chests and keys could leave at 6pm GMT could @cgbarrett @Bungie @DeeJ_BNG confirm if true?

I'm awaiting a reply for this, I think I am 80% right on this.

Did you get any confirmation from Bungie about what the keys do? Do you know for 100% certain whether what IGN said is correct?

I haven't listened to an IGN Fireteam chat without hearing them say something completely wrong (like "Fatebringer drops from Templar on normal") so I'm not taking their word for it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...confirms_what_the_renowned_treasure_keys_are/

Keys are for chests at the end of POE meaning they're worthless till you complete it.

Although not sure if by having X number of keys and doing the 34-35 version will net you a higher reward for using key, I assume so but will tell you once I have completed the level 35, till then holding on to extra keys.

Also please be advised I do know a lot on the game, but I either cannot say everything YET.

I'm now away from my desk for a couple hours FYI so any questions I shall reply to upon my return.

Maddocks

haven't been much lately, but what is the best chest route, is it citadel location and just wait it all out over and over and farm it up?

What's a good way to powerlevel an alt quickly?

Rumble to level 5, then play all story missions on Hard, preferably with two other fully-geared friends.

haven't been much lately, but what is the best chest route, is it citadel location and just wait it all out over and over and farm it up?

I like Ember Caves, you can sometimes follow it with Citadel back-to-back, plus I'm convinced you can x4 the upper chest if you have a running start (I haven't done it successfully yet, though).

noomi

I'm no PvP beast but when I play PvE, my sens is at 6. When I crossover to PVP, I lower it to 4.

Hmm, I'll try lowering it, perhaps having a high sensitivity is working against me.

Wooooo! the Witcher unlocks at 7 PM EST for me and we have HoW tomorrow. This is a good week.

7PM? Did you order on steam, and using an Australian VPN to unlock early?

I'm not touching witcher until I'm good with PoE, priorities!

That weapon is bullshit in PVP.

I think nerfing thorn would be horrible. Yah it's overpowered in PVP but it's supposed to be. Why not just use it yourself after you finish the bounty?

The bounty is tough as hell in the first place so getting the weapon feels very rewarded once the bounty is complete but nerfing would make people not try getting it. Nerfing it would also be unfair for those who tried hard on the bounty to get it.

Bungie needs to stop nerfing these exotics that are supposed to be overpowered in a multiplayer where so many OHK supers exist.

No weapon should be overpowered and telling people if they can't beat it, then use it isn't the answer.

So I've been trying to get better at crucible, and try to play for a bit everyday in preparation for the trials...

Here is one of my better matches... but still leaves a lot to be desired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvM2HHpwcsk&hd=1

I usually play very aggressively, and don't care how many times I die (pffft to KD).... I'll keep rushing you over and over until your dead.... Well, I tried to hang back a bit more now and always keep an eye on the radar so I don't get flanked.

My aim is... not the greatest, I don't know if that has something to do with sensitivity but I play with 6 or 7 sensitivity for the most part.

Any helpful tips would be appreciated.

I need to get on dat zoba level. Gotta git gud

First thing, I'd advise you to use Hungering Blade. It's been a while since I used Bladedancer to do anything but platforming, but that perk is pretty invaluable in PvP. Blink is also pretty effective as much as I hate it. ;) Also, if you're wanting to be more aggressive, you might want to consider using a different secondary weapon.

I'm pretty sure my sensitivity is at 3 or 4.

Ghost: We lost the moon to the hive.

Titan: No worries mate, I'll make another one!

404Qpef.jpg

That weapon is bullshit in PVP.

I don't really agree with this, Thorn is kind of paradox: it is good when you use it but if someone else uses it, then it's OP/bullshit. I don't really get the Thorn hate, sure it can be annoying but why not use it if you're doing good with it.

Reminds me of some PvP with Drizzay, he got called a scrub for using a sniper while the other guy was using a sniper as well. By that criteria we have to add a lot of weapons to the scrub list.

Dont people always hate on the weapon that kills them the most? I tried using TLW as it's a great PvP weapon. Sucked with it. Used Thorn, went much better.

Yes, it's frustrating when you get killed by Thorn 20.000 times. Takes skill to actually use that weapon. Any weapon for that matter.

... I miss the Auto-Rifle's.

Exactly what I meant above. Even if Thorn gets nerfed, we will find another weapon to hate.
I also miss the auto rifles, I have a sweet Vanquisher waiting in my vault.

Namikaze1

Dear Bungie,

Your game may lack in a lot of areas. It may have terrible lag problems during Iron Banner and Crucible matches. It's grinding nature may be is terrible. The raids still remained broken in a way. Thorn is a thorn on my side. But you succeeded in the whole social aspect of the game. I met some great and wonderful people through Destiny. People like Figadapaura, Everyday Math, Toddv360, Zoba, Hawkian, Drizzay, rodiard, etc.

Waldini

Dont people always hate on the weapon that kills them the most? I tried using TLW as it's a great PvP weapon. Sucked with it. Used Thorn, went much better.

Yes, it's frustrating when you get killed by Thorn 20.000 times. Takes skill to actually use that weapon. Any weapon for that matter.

... I miss the Auto-Rifle's.

I don't really agree with this, Thorn is kind of paradox: it is good when you use it but if someone else uses it, then it's OP/bullshit. I don't really get the Thorn hate, sure it can be annoying but why not use it if you're doing good with it.

Reminds me of some PvP with Drizzay, he got called a scrub for using a sniper while the other guy was using a sniper as well. By that criteria we have to add a lot of weapons to the scrub list.

Because it is bullshit. I don't use it and I don't want to use it because it's bullshit. I'd feel like I'm cheating like when I used the OG Mytho.

Namikaze1

7PM? Did you order on steam, and using an Australian VPN to unlock early?

I'm not touching witcher until I'm good with PoE, priorities!
PSN. The game says it will unlock in under 11 hours now. So it will unlock at 7PM EST for me. So freaking excited. Gives me more time for it.

I'm probably not gonna sleep tonight. I'm gonna be dead tired by the time Breezy, Gutz, and I join up for HoW.

Dear Bungie,

Your game may lack in a lot of areas. It may have terrible lag problems during Iron Banner and Crucible matches. It's grinding nature may be is terrible. The raids still remained broken in a way. Thorn is a thorn on my side. But you succeeded in the whole social aspect of the game. I met some great and wonderful people through Destiny. People like Figadapaura, Everyday Math, Toddv360, Zoba, Hawkian, Drizzay, rodiard, etc.

oh stop 😊

noomi

First thing, I'd advise you to use Hungering Blade. It's been a while since I used Bladedancer to do anything but platforming, but that perk is pretty invaluable in PvP. Blink is also pretty effective as much as I hate it. ;) Also, if you're wanting to be more aggressive, you might want to consider using a different secondary weapon.

I'm pretty sure my sensitivity is at 3 or 4.

Thanks fig! Will get my perks proper, and set sensitivity way lower, hopefully that helps with those headshots.

I have a long way to go to get as good as some of you here....

The Tower Ghost App is on App Store now (iOS) ;)

Cool... I might check it out. I've been using destiny loadouts and I absolutely love it

Lnkn52

I meant to post this earlier. I could see why Hunters are really good and fun in PvP. It wasn't a dominating match but a level 5 in the top 3?!

kZwfmAY.png

Waldini

So what's does GAF think that's coming in the patch today?

.. I mean, I don't have any keys whatsoever. So I'm hoping they dont hot-fix that chest xD

Owensboro

Just asking to get some clarification:

I did a little HoW chest farming yesterday, which was basically my running around trying to not get one shot (I'm barely level 26) and trying to help by throwing my blinding grenade when I could, and I got a good amount of Blue Engrams. I see everyone holding on to them in order to decrypt them after the House of Wolves expansion comes out. Now for the question: If I'm not buying the expansion, should I bother waiting to decrypt them? Will the "new loot tables" be open to everyone, or only people with the expansion?

Also, is anyone doing the HoW bounties around 4:30pm today? I could always find a group on Venus and was able to get those bounties (I can't damage the 3rd + wave because of my level) but just kept getting smoked over and over at the Forgotten Shore and there were never enough higher levels to kill the mobs. I didn't even try the Moon :(

Thank god you can inflict status ailments (blind) on mobs you can't even damage. Makes me feel like I'm actually helping in some way on those bounties. I should probably just switch back to bubble + Weapons of Light buff though.

noomi

So what's does GAF think that's coming in the patch today?

.. I mean, I don't have any keys whatsoever. So I'm hoping they dont hot-fix that chest xD

I'm almost certain that's what they will be fixing. No more leaving the area and coming back for 2-3 chests.

Maybe also need to have the bounty to open chest in the first place.

Probably some other files in preparation for tomorrows release as well.

Because it is bullshit. I don't use it and I don't want to use it because it's bullshit. I'd feel like I'm cheating like when I used the OG Mytho.

In a PVP that OHK supers exist and skill is not a huge factor I don't see what's the problem?

Destiny's PVP is not something anyone should take seriously. It's not a competitive PVP in any case like Halo was so I don't see any problem of over powered weapons? Destiny is supposed make your gaurdian feel overpowered and use powerful weapons.

Waldini

I'm almost certain that's what they will be fixing. No more leaving the area and coming back for 2-3 chests.

Maybe also need to have the bounty to open chest in the first place.

Probably some other files in preparation for tomorrows release as well.

Same. People are smashing out Engrams like there is no tommorow. I've got my fair share, thats for sure. Still haven't gotten a key.

Still, I'd love to see 2 more weapons coming though. An Exotic RL and another thing. But thats just me being hopeful. Wasn't there something in the data-mining about an Exotic Machine Gun?

Still A bit disappointed that the "Gjallarhorn will become the Nr.2 best weapon" reports/teases are most likely false :(

In a PVP that OHK supers exist and skill is not a huge factor I don't see what's the problem?

Destiny's PVP is not something anyone should take seriously. It's not a competitive PVP in any case like Halo was so I don't see any problem of over powered weapons? Destiny is supposed make your gaurdian feel overpowered and use powerful weapons.

Yeah, but everybody has supers, so it's not like anyone has an unfair advantage on that front. Sure, any old moron can do a fist of panic, but doing well in Crucible still requires skill. One single weapon shouldn't be the go to, just like Felwinter's Lie should be nerfed to fuck as well.

Yeahh, Hawkmoon's lucky bullets are such bullshit, always get killed by it. And the Red Death's health regen perk is bullshit for countering the Thorn's poison. And TLW spam also always kills me quicker because my gun can't shoot that fast.

Bungie its bullshit. Nerf pls.

Namikaze1

YOU WILL NOT GET MY GLORIOUS HAWKMOON NERFED!

Anyway, it sure has taken a long time for a public event to set off here in Venus. I need 3, man!

Deku Tree

Did we miss this?

https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---05152015/en/News/News?aid=12887

Destiny Hot Fix - 05/19/2015
1.2.0.1 : The one with House of Wolves

Along with the release of Destiny Expansion II, we are delivering some new investment and upgrade paths. The following are changes that will have an impact on every player of Destiny.

PVP
General
Added a new Daily Reward package upon completion of the first game in the Daily Featured Crucible playlist
Added Passage Coins to reward streams across all playlists, including the Daily reward package
Increased Crucible Mark drop rate across all playlists by 100%
Increased Crucible Reputation earnings across all playlists by 20%
Increased Rare Weapons and Gear drop chance for completing games across all playlists by 100%
Added Legendary Weapon drops into the Crucible reward stream across all playlists
Added Dark Below maps into all Crucible playlists for all players to enjoy (Pantheon, The Cauldron, Skyshock)

Iron Banner
Adjusted the power curve for Iron Banner playlists to accommodate the competitive range of power in House of Wolves
Across one Iron Banner event, players competing in Iron Banner with more than one character on the same account will receive a reputation boost for the lower-ranked characters to reach parity with the higher-ranked character more quickly
Six additional Iron Banner bounties have been added to the bounty rotation
Removed an errant buff from Iron Banner Control playlist
Etheric Light will now be available at Ranks 3 and 5 in Iron Banner

Tower
Newly acquired Faction reward packages will no longer produce Shards
The Speaker will exchange Ascendant and Radiant Materials for Glimmer and Motes of Light
Xûr will exchange Strange Coins for Motes of Light
Commendations are no longer required to purchase gear
Commendations can be converted to receive +250 gains in Vanguard, Crucible, or Faction reputation
Note: Etheric Light will not be made available for ascending gear until the release of House of Wolves
The Cryptarch will no longer convert newly acquired Legendary Engrams to Shards (possibilities include gear/weapons or Exotics)
Expansion II featured Daily Heroic activities will produce Motes of Light in lieu of Shards
Ascending: Year 1 Legendary and Exotic gear can be upgraded to the highest power levels available in Year 1

User Interface
The Control UI above the mini scoreboard has been fixed & returned to the players HUD

Technical
Added a new “Connection Recovery” System
Specific player networking problems will now be fixed instead of kicking affected players to orbit
This will be enabled first for Trials of Osiris and rolled out to other activities over time

This is something I actually agree with. The pvp in this game will never be balanced. There are just too many factors to take into consideration (perks, abilities, weapons, and etc). Unless they have a playlist that is the bare minimum, it will never be competitive. I don't understand why they keep pushing modes like ToO, the game isn't meant for this. Instead of making sweaty bs playlist, why don't we actually get some modes that are fun and not just variations of DM. I enjoy Destiny's pvp, it's fun. However, it's nothing I take seriously.

Did we miss this?

https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---05152015/en/News/News?aid=12887

Destiny Hot Fix - 05/19/2015
1.2.0.1 : The one with House of Wolves

Along with the release of Destiny Expansion II, we are delivering some new investment and upgrade paths. The following are changes that will have an impact on every player of Destiny.

PVP
General
Added a new Daily Reward package upon completion of the first game in the Daily Featured Crucible playlist
Added Passage Coins to reward streams across all playlists, including the Daily reward package
Increased Crucible Mark drop rate across all playlists by 100%
Increased Crucible Reputation earnings across all playlists by 20%
Increased Rare Weapons and Gear drop chance for completing games across all playlists by 100%
Added Legendary Weapon drops into the Crucible reward stream across all playlists
Added Dark Below maps into all Crucible playlists for all players to enjoy (Pantheon, The Cauldron, Skyshock)

Iron Banner
Adjusted the power curve for Iron Banner playlists to accommodate the competitive range of power in House of Wolves
Across one Iron Banner event, players competing in Iron Banner with more than one character on the same account will receive a reputation boost for the lower-ranked characters to reach parity with the higher-ranked character more quickly
Six additional Iron Banner bounties have been added to the bounty rotation
Removed an errant buff from Iron Banner Control playlist
Etheric Light will now be available at Ranks 3 and 5 in Iron Banner

Tower
Newly acquired Faction reward packages will no longer produce Shards
The Speaker will exchange Ascendant and Radiant Materials for Glimmer and Motes of Light
Xûr will exchange Strange Coins for Motes of Light
Commendations are no longer required to purchase gear
Commendations can be converted to receive +250 gains in Vanguard, Crucible, or Faction reputation
Note: Etheric Light will not be made available for ascending gear until the release of House of Wolves
The Cryptarch will no longer convert newly acquired Legendary Engrams to Shards (possibilities include gear/weapons or Exotics)
Expansion II featured Daily Heroic activities will produce Motes of Light in lieu of Shards
Ascending: Year 1 Legendary and Exotic gear can be upgraded to the highest power levels available in Year 1

User Interface
The Control UI above the mini scoreboard has been fixed & returned to the players HUD

Technical
Added a new “Connection Recovery” System
Specific player networking problems will now be fixed instead of kicking affected players to orbit
This will be enabled first for Trials of Osiris and rolled out to other activities over time

Sounds familiar, so I don't think so.
Fig of Strong Back, will you carry me through some more Crucible matches sometime later in the day?

Maybe.

Waldini

That ... That sounds just like the patch last friday. However, the date has changed to the 19th. I burned through 39 Commendations thanks to that "Faction Packages no longer give Shards/Energies" shit.

Makes me wonder how big this fix will be.

noomi

They shouldn't nerf any weapons....

They should make other weapons as good as current ones, and buff AR's a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom