• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, that would be the best. Then it's going to be on to trying to do Vault of Glass for the first time. Hopefully I can get a "new players" group together and we can have fun wiping a few times to bosses. I'm not against being carried through, but my experience in MMO's has always been so much more fun in end game raids when it's actually a challenge.

What console are you on man? I am literally in this exact position in the game, same level, trying to get some more legendaries when maybe finally have a look at VoG and do the same thing but I am on X1, and assumed everyone in here is an old pro ha/on ps4.

nOoblet16

What's the best way to get a Hawkmoon?

I'm making my Titan a pulse rifle build with mega give me health perks (red death + insurmountable skullfort with a side order of bad juju)

My warlock is all about the hand cannon because I love using the last word even though I suck at it. I need better gear but it's nice to have something to work for.

Any suggestions guys? I have the Thorn bounty but not started yet because it looks like a LOT of work.

Best way: Pray to RNGezus
I got mine from NM Atheon two months ago, then another one dropped from a Nightfall 2 weeks later.

And Bad Juju honestly takes more time than Thorn, the Crucible stuff for Thorn will take you max 8-9 matches tops, since once you start doing good you get it in no time. The hard part for me was the Nightfall esque strike for the last bit, atleast it didn't require strike completion.

Shito

I have yet to get either in 1.5 hours
Got a legendary on my first chest.
Some 50+ chests later, only seen blues ever since...

I had a great VoG run this past Saturday though (my second VoG ever, btw), with the hunter chest, ship, praedyth's revenge and vision of confluence all dropping in succession, so I suppose I'm out of luck with the game for at least the next two weeks. ^^

Namikaze1

I'm making my Titan a pulse rifle build with mega give me health perks (red death + insurmountable skullfort with a side order of bad juju)

My warlock is all about the hand cannon because I love using the last word even though I suck at it. I need better gear but it's nice to have something to work for.

Any suggestions guys? I have the Thorn bounty but not started yet because it looks like a LOT of work.
Pray to the Gods, both Old and New

Pray to the Gods, both Old and New

There's only one god and a girl knows his name :)
I actually got my Hawkmoon while laying death at Deathsinger.

noomi

There is nothing you can really do, do all your exotic chances for the week each reset.

Gorgon Chest x3 normal x3 hard
Atheon x3 hard
Deathsinger x3 normal
Crota x3 normal x3 hard
nightfalls x3

I did this for months, and it finally dropped.

Also def go after the thorn, it's the best weapon in PvP by far.

jett

D-Member
(and sometimes a one shot kill even when you have 100% health, when both perks stack up)

This doesn't happen. Ever.

Two shots from Thorn won't kill you unless both of them are headshots. The last word has an even shorter TTK and its two shots to the head are a guaranteed instant kill unlike Thorn where two headshots give you a guaranteed kill but it isn't instant meaning you can still be killed by your target. Most Handcanons will get you a two shot kill if they are headshots.

Thorn has seemingly killed me with two shots, plenty of times, to the body. I just die from my wounds in a few seconds. If it's to the head it's an instant death. A single shot to the body destroys my shields. I've seen someone get killed by two body shots from a Thorn. In the scale of OP weapons, Thorn sits way at the top ahead of everything else by quite a stretch.

The biggest counter to Thorn is Red Death, it negates pretty much everything from Thorn apart from the annoying visual and sound effect.. Also stop using Fusion Rifles, they are not very effective in PvP.

You obviously don't play Crucible much, FRs are great. They counter nearly everything when timed properly and when you're mindful of what is going on around you. Always getting two or three kills in a row with mine.

Impala26

The one weapon I am fucking salty about is Felwinter's Lie, and I'll continue to be salty about it until it fucks off.

You have every right to think this.

Felwinter's + Blink = Hilariously Broken

You obviously don't play Crucible much, FRs are great. They counter nearly everything when timed properly and when you're mindful of what is going on around you. Always getting two or three kills in a row with mine.

Not gonna lie, Pocket Infinity is still a guilty pleasure of mine.
:-D

Waldini

There is nothing you can really do, do all your exotic chances for the week each reset.

Atheon x3 hard
Deathsinger x3 normal
Crota x3 normal x3 hard
nightfalls x3

I did that noomi ... I did just that.

Still no Hawkmoon.

O fuck. I'm on XBONE.

That weapon is bullshit in PVP.

idk man it's not that bad to me. If Thorn is OP so is Hawkmoon, Red Death, tlw, etc.

I'm much more against Felwinter's than thorn. Thorn is fine. 2-3 shot kills just like hawkmoon. I get worked over more by tlw than anything else from my experience.

Thorn has killed me with two shots, plenty of times, to the body. I just die from my wounds in a few seconds. If it's to the head it's an instant death. A single shot to the body destroys my shields. I've seen someone get killed by two body shots from a Thorn. In the scale of OP weapons, Thorn sits way at the top ahead of everything else by quite a stretch.

Thorn is an 84 damage headshot. 2 headshots and the poison will kill you off. For body shots only, the thorn needs 4 bullets iirc. There is no instant death with the Thorn. Literally impossible.

Also, FRs used to be great, but since the nerf you're better off using a shotgun. Lucky kills excluded.

Lima

Thorn has killed me with two shots, plenty of times, to the body. I just die from my wounds in a few seconds. If it's to the head it's an instant kill. I've seen someone get killed by two body shots from a Thorn. It the scale of OP weapons, Thorn sits way at the top ahead of everything else by quite a stretch.

This is all so very wrong I don't even know where to begin.

Of course it happens with Hawkmoon. Plenty of times just by watching triple wreck stream I've seen it.

Two body shots from Thorn will not kill unless it was a defender Titan with WoL. Never ever will that happen otherwise. Two headshots deal 168 damage(84 each with aggressive ballistics) and then the poison doing 21 damage finishes them off. It is not an instant kill.

If you have seen it get some glasses to make sure you see the picture more clearly.

Also fusion rifles suck. You don't play much crucible now do you?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thanks all. I guess I'll go and buy a prayer mat, some mala beads and a crucifix.

Atheon x3 hard
Deathsinger x3 normal
Crota x3 normal x3 hard
nightfalls x3

I really should. It's just so much work. I have the invective one too, both not started yet. :-/

Oh and nami I'm already gonna kill you because you didn't name me in the list of best people. I don't know you and I don't think we've ever spoken but I don't care. Watch your back. And your Hawkmoons. Muhahahahahah.

idk man it's not that bad to me. If Thorn is OP so is Hawkmoon, Red Death, tlw, etc.

I'm much more against Felwinter's than thorn. Thorn is fine. 2-3 shot kills just like hawkmoon. I get worked over more by tlw than anything else from my experience.

With a hand cannon nerf you eliminate 3 weapons right there. The special ammo update made shotguns tolerable, I make sure to open up all special ammo crates so the other team has no access to them.

noomi

I-I don't wanna say how many times Hawkmoon dropped for me. People will kill me.

Please don't, don't say it, don't think it.

I'm going to dismantle 3 hawkmoons, and 4 gjallarhorns today :eek: don't need dupes anymore

Atleast they won't have vault space issues until September.

Hah...hah :(

Thanks all. I guess I'll go and buy a prayer mat, some mala beads and a crucifix.

I really should. It's just so much work. I have the invective one too, both not started yet. :-/

It is a lot of work, but if you have a good core team you raid with each week, everything can be done inside a few hours :)

Good luck!

hew9753

Oh man, that would be the best. Then it's going to be on to trying to do Vault of Glass for the first time. Hopefully I can get a "new players" group together and we can have fun wiping a few times to bosses. I'm not against being carried through, but my experience in MMO's has always been so much more fun in end game raids when it's actually a challenge.

I'd love to get in on a "new players" run of Vault of Glass. I just picked the game back up in the past few weeks in anticipation of HoW - doing the weekly and daily strikes, leveling up to 29 - but the raids are the one thing I still need to tackle.

PSN: GuerrillaGrodd

nOoblet16

Both holding aces and luck in the chamber can stack up.

Thorn has seemingly killed me with two shots, plenty of times, to the body. I just die from my wounds in a few seconds. If it's to the head it's an instant death. A single shot to the body destroys my shields. I've seen someone get killed by two body shots from a Thorn. In the scale of OP weapons, Thorn sits way at the top ahead of everything else by quite a stretch.
That can't happen because body shots only do only ~51 damage (plus 3*7 burn damage I think), it's not possible to die from two body shots from Thorn. It's not even possible to die with one body shot and one headshot, it absolutely needs to be two headshots, which takes down 95% of the health and then the rest of the health is taken by the burn damage. Also I've never been able to "instantly" kill someone with full health using Thorn in two headshots....it's always the burn damage that gets them.

Considering you think Thorn can kill you in two body shots I could say the same for you ;)
And you might want to have a look at my Crucible stats to see how much I've played it, I'm not super amazing but I have played enough with Hand Canons to know how they work. :p FR are absolute trash now. You won't see anything except a combination of TLW/Thorn/Red Death/Hawkmoon + Felwinter/Found Verdict/High RoF sniper + High Impact machine gun (maybe rockets in some instance) in high level PvP.

I posted about the keys here!!!

Another detail theory out there is that you'll get a key from the boss the first time you run it which will open a chest at the end. The boss won't drop a key again until reset, but if you have another key you can use it at the end again. Only one key use per run.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

I'm going to dismantle 3 hawkmoons, and 4 gjallarhorns today :eek: don't need dupes anymore

It is a lot of work, but if you have a good core team you raid with each week, everything can be done inside a few hours :)

Good luck!

Why did I click your spoiler tag?

I don't really - none of my RL friends play Destiny, hence me spamming this thread with my incredible comments and insight.

Simonnnnn

Good luck!

You monster! I've not even had one drop got me yet!!

Hawkmoon that is

Simonnnnn

I have dismantled
Hawkmoons

giphy.gif

Waldini

In terms of ... weapons that will never be;

The Mjolnir
Exotic Arc Rocket Launcher

... think Gjallarhorn. Replace Wolfpack Rounds with some sort of "darts" that impale your enemies. Five or six of them. Once these darts connect with your enemies they give of a high dose of chain-lightning.

... Just stawp Waldini. This is never going to happen :()

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
If I had the skills and wasn't simply distracting myself while at work, id photoshop the cover of farming simulator and yeah it'd be great.

Owensboro

What console are you on man? I am literally in this exact position in the game, same level, trying to get some more legendaries when maybe finally have a look at VoG and do the same thing but I am on X1, and assumed everyone in here is an old pro ha/on ps4.

Unfortunately, I'm in the position of being a new player on PS4 surrounded by all these old pros. It feels a lot like being the younger brother everyone secretly (or directly) makes fun of when it's time to play a game of Kickball or Four-Square. Don't want to bother anyone, but man I want to play!

I'd kill for cross platform play. Silly corporations charging for online!

I'd love to get in on a "new players" run of Vault of Glass. I just picked the game back up in the past few weeks in anticipation of HoW - doing the weekly and daily strikes, leveling up to 29 - but the raids are the one thing I still need to tackle.

PSN: GuerrillaGrodd

29! Man. I need to get some more gear! The last room in Vault of Glass is, like, level 28 or something even though it lets you in at 26, right? I guess I need to shoot for that before diving in. I'd hate to do 20 damage per shot to enemies during the last encounter.

Oh, and I just discovered the absolute awesomeness that is the Destiny App being able to transfer items from characters to the bank and vice versa. Does that work while I'm actively logged into the game? If so, can you get mail from the app too? I'd love to not have to go to the Tower after completing the daily public event on each character and still be able to bank the materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom