• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

There will be a small activation patch tomorrow to kick this one into an active state.

Maybe some last minute fixes in there too
Can't see them not patching that chest farming thing at one point, but I wonder if they can react that quickly as to patch it out today.

ARs being prepared for another nerf.
Well, they are introducing high rof / high impact auto rifles in HoW, so I'd say that guarantees a new AR nerf coming in the future... ^^

RemiLP

They shouldn't nerf any weapons....

They should make other weapons as good as current ones, and buff AR's a bit.

For pve, i agree.

But for pvp, that will just make the ttk lower and lower.

Id prefer a higher ttk then it is now. Gives u more of a chanse to react if somone is shooting at you.

tumblr_inline_no94me0N5A1r2uch7_500.gif

Yeahhh, I wouldn't want to continue that discussion either :).

They shouldn't nerf any weapons....

They should make other weapons as good as current ones, and buff AR's a bit.

Totally agree. Tried taking my good old Grim Citizen into Crucible recently, it did not end well for me unfortunately.

I mean, every weapon is pretty much viable in Crucible at the moment, even Scout Rifles. Show the AR some love Bungie!

nOoblet16

For pve, i agree.

But for pvp, that will just make the ttk lower and lower.

Id prefer a higher ttk then it is now. Gives u more of a chanse to react if somone is shooting at you.

The TTK is fine, the problem is that everyone is using Last Word or Thorn that's why it appears as if everything has low TTK.

mamoui

Just asking to get some clarification:

I did a little HoW chest farming yesterday, which was basically my running around trying to not get one shot (I'm barely level 26) and trying to help by throwing my blinding grenade when I could, and I got a good amount of Blue Engrams. I see everyone holding on to them in order to decrypt them after the House of Wolves expansion comes out. Now for the question: If I'm not buying the expansion, should I bother waiting to decrypt them? Will the "new loot tables" be open to everyone, or only people with the expansion?

You don't really have a choice, the cryptarc won't decrypt them until tuesday.

And the loot table is the same for everyone, it will be how gear.

If you are lucky enough, you could get a few legendary and be done with lvl 26.

Deku Tree

Ttk is too high for the main exotic hand cannons and felwinters has too far range. High level PvP is all thorn and TLW and Felwinters and blink. That should tell you something.

Nerf is needed there... Quite badly.

They are making it more unfair by removing the possibility to get the most OP perk combinations but not so far nerfing the combos that people already have...

noomi

The TTK is fine, the problem is that everyone is using Last Word or Thorn that's why it appears as if everything has low TTK.

This is why I'm afraid that a handcannon nerf is coming :( Everyone was using the suros, and so they nerfed it. Now everyone uses handcannons... and.... maybe they will nerf them too.

EVERYONE STOP USING HANDCANNONS!

Totally agree. Tried taking my good old Grim Citizen into Crucible recently, it did not end well for me unfortunately.

I mean, every weapon is pretty much viable in Crucible at the moment, even Scout Rifles. Show the AR some love Bungie!

I used to love using the vision on confluence in crucible, once I ascend it, I'm bringing it back!

jett

D-Member
I think nerfing thorn would be horrible. Yah it's overpowered in PVP but it's supposed to be. Why not just use it yourself after you finish the bounty?

The bounty is tough as hell in the first place so getting the weapon feels very rewarded once the bounty is complete but nerfing would make people not try getting it. Nerfing it would also be unfair for those who tried hard on the bounty to get it.

Bungie needs to stop nerfing these exotics that are supposed to be overpowered in a multiplayer where so many OHK supers exist.

I don't care that the bounty was tough as hell. Fuck this weapon in PVP, it's horribly unbalanced. It can be OP as fuck in PVE, but in PVP you need a fighting chance. Two bullets and you're dead, every single time. If you aren't using a FR, you're fucked. And most of the time, even if you fire a high charge rate rifle at the guy at the same time he's shooting at you, it's probable you'll die first. At best you get a dual kill.

No, man, screw this weapon.

noomi

Here's my list of the best pvp weapons.

1. Thorn
2. The Last Word
3. Hawkmoon
4. Red Dead
5. Vex

Anything else in the primary slot is just not as good, and will put you at a disadvantage.

Sad, but if you want to be decent, those are pretty much your only choices :/

This is why I'm afraid that a handcannon nerf is coming :( Everyone was using the suros, and so they nerfed it. Now everyone uses handcannons... and.... maybe they will nerf them too.

EVERYONE STOP USING HANDCANNONS!

I used to love using the vision on confluence in crucible, once I ascend it, I'm bringing it back!
I'm afraid of a hand cannon nerf as well =/ Used to think I would never touch one, now I can't do without one. Heh.

Also, try the Fang in PvP! No auto fire, but I had some fun tagging people with it, haha.

Owensboro

You don't really have a choice, the cryptarc won't decrypt them until tuesday.

And the loot table is the same for everyone, it will be how gear.

If you are lucky enough, you could get a few legendary and be done with lvl 26.

Oh man, that would be the best. Then it's going to be on to trying to do Vault of Glass for the first time. Hopefully I can get a "new players" group together and we can have fun wiping a few times to bosses. I'm not against being carried through, but my experience in MMO's has always been so much more fun in end game raids when it's actually a challenge.

ARs being prepared for another nerf.

I don't remember the last time I used an AR actually.

1. Thorn
2. The Last Word
3. Hawkmoon
4. Red Dead
5. Vex

Anything else in the primary slot is just not as good, and will put you at a disadvantage.

Love the list. I'd place Red Death ahead of TLW and Hawkmoon tho.

1. Thorn
2. The Last Word
3. Hawkmoon
4. Red Dead
5. Vex

Yup, those are the top weapons atm. If you want to be competitive you pretty much have to use one of those. Of course you have Felwinter, but that's in a league of its own!

Wilde

No idea how many of my old regulars will be back tomorrow, but I'm planning to reset raid like normal to get raids out of the way for the week. I'll do Crucible or whatever until the HoW stuff drops, then I want to run through the story missions, Nightfall, and PoE for as long as possible.

Not sure if it makes more sense to do stories + NFalls on all three characters first or if I'd rather get into PoE asap. Depends on how hard it will be to get a character to Lv34, I want to tackle the Lv35 PoE as soon as I hit Lv34 on a character, hopefully the first day.

Well I know I'm not an old regular, but I'm definitely in for our weekly reset raid marathon!

Unfortunately I'll probably be at work when HoW launches at 10, but I'm still in for our usual raiding.

noomi

<--- old regular

I remember you mostly because we were both on the Hawkmoon quest for a while. Once you got yours you seemed to disappear though :(

Out of all the people who were going crazy over the hawkmoon I was one of the last people to get it.

Now I have 4.....

3 keys so far in less than 90 minutes. :D

Nami plz

STAHP!

You can farm keys in VoG?

Sorry this is all new to me :)

You start a 6 man VoG, then just go patrol venus for key farming instead :)

I remember you mostly because we were both on the Hawkmoon quest for a while. Once you got yours you seemed to disappear though :(

Out of all the people who were going crazy over the hawkmoon I was one of the last people to get it.

Now I have 4.....

Nami plz

STAHP!

Hah. Yeah, started to really get tired of Destiny around then. The break was good and now there's something fun and new to look forward to.

nOoblet16

I don't care that the bounty was tough as hell. Fuck this weapon in PVP, it's horribly unbalanced. It can be OP as fuck in PVE, but in PVP you need a fighting chance. Two bullets and you're dead, every single time. If you aren't using a FR, you're fucked. And most of the time, even if you fire a high charge rate rifle at the guy at the same time he's shooting at you, it's probable you'll die first. At best you get a dual kill.

No, man, screw this weapon.

The problem is that you trying to kill using a fusion rifle, no wonder you will die when you go one on one with one of the fastest firing guns in the game. Thorn is annoying because of the visual and sound effect, that messes up the opponent's play and that it can be fired from quite a distance. But I never really felt like oh man he was able to kill me unfairly fast when up against the Thorn, I feel like that when I go up against a Hawkmoon though when that gun's perk stack up and lead to a one shot kill everytime you are slightly damaged (and sometimes a one shot kill even when you have 100% health, when both perks stack up).

Two shots from Thorn won't kill you unless both of them are headshots. The last word has an even shorter TTK and its two shots to the head are a guaranteed instant kill unlike Thorn where two headshots give you a guaranteed kill but it isn't instant meaning you can still be killed by your target. Most Handcanons will get you a two shot kill if they are headshots.

The biggest counter to Thorn is Red Death, it negates pretty much everything from Thorn apart from the annoying visual and sound effect.. Also stop using Fusion Rifles, they are not very effective in PvP.

Haybro

Well I know I'm not an old regular, but I'm definitely in for our weekly reset raid marathon!

Unfortunately I'll probably be at work when HoW launches at 10, but I'm still in for our usual raiding.

Aren't the raids not resetting until HoW launches?

Magik

No idea how many of my old regulars will be back tomorrow, but I'm planning to reset raid like normal to get raids out of the way for the week. I'll do Crucible or whatever until the HoW stuff drops, then I want to run through the story missions, Nightfall, and PoE for as long as possible.

Not sure if it makes more sense to do stories + NFalls on all three characters first or if I'd rather get into PoE asap. Depends on how hard it will be to get a character to Lv34, I want to tackle the Lv35 PoE as soon as I hit Lv34 on a character, hopefully the first day.

I pretty much am doing the exact same thing as you are.

Guess I will succumb to pressure and farm some keys. If anyone who has me on their friends list is doing likewise, sees me online and wants some company. please invite me! :)

I just want one key. That's all. Please RNG, bless me tonight.

Now to get through this work day, grrrrrrrrr.

Of course this all depends on if this patch today is gonna nerf this or not.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
What's the best way to get a Hawkmoon?

I'm making my Titan a pulse rifle build with mega give me health perks (red death + insurmountable skullfort with a side order of bad juju)

My warlock is all about the hand cannon because I love using the last word even though I suck at it. I need better gear but it's nice to have something to work for.

Any suggestions guys? I have the Thorn bounty but not started yet because it looks like a LOT of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom