• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

I have had over 7 guardians made: 3 Titans, 2 Warlocks, and 2 Hunters.

Really? I thought I was over 20 days by now.

Listening to the last podcast and how they were making fun of you of how much you played. Well apparently someone in that same group has been the playing the game more than you. Shame on them for poking fun.

EL CUCO

I have 532hrs clocked in, not including 2 deleted characters that could easily have over 100hrs each. No wonder I was feeling the Destiny burn...

Lnkn52

Is it Drizzay's? I hope it's not mine lol.

giphy.gif

Namikaze1

Listening to the last podcast and how they were making fun of you of how much you played. Well apparently someone in that same group has been the playing the game more than you. Shame on them for poking fun.
You got to remember that once you delete a guardian you lose all data from that. Last time I calculated my total playtime, which was back in January, I was nearing 1500 hours. And that number included all the hours I played on my deleted characters.

Lnkn52

You got to remember that once you delete a guardian you lose all data from that. Last time I calculated my total playtime, which was back in January, I was nearing 1500 hours. And that number included all the hours I played on my deleted characters.

I take it back then.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Unfortunately, I'm in the position of being a new player on PS4 surrounded by all these old pros. It feels a lot like being the younger brother everyone secretly (or directly) makes fun of when it's time to play a game of Kickball or Four-Square. Don't want to bother anyone, but man I want to play!

I'd kill for cross platform play. Silly corporations charging for online!

29! Man. I need to get some more gear! The last room in Vault of Glass is, like, level 28 or something even though it lets you in at 26, right? I guess I need to shoot for that before diving in. I'd hate to do 20 damage per shot to enemies during the last encounter.

Oh, and I just discovered the absolute awesomeness that is the Destiny App being able to transfer items from characters to the bank and vice versa. Does that work while I'm actively logged into the game? If so, can you get mail from the app too? I'd love to not have to go to the Tower after completing the daily public event on each character and still be able to bank the materials.

Dude I feel the same a lot of the time because I've only come back after a couple of months away. There are others! If you don't mind US timezones, a splendid fellow called Hawkian runs newbie raids. If you're EU id be more than happy to join you and I imagine there'd be plenty others. I feel like I've just about got my head around the Vault of Glass but I'm a total newb at Crota.

Tried a level 26 Vault of Glass this weekend with a random pug...yea I think I will wait for a more organized group before venturing in there again. 5 wipes on the first boss, 12 or so wipes on the gorgons, 10 wipes on the second boss before we all called it quits.

I was hoping to get up in some levels before HoW dropped, but currently stuck at 26. Have they said what the minimum level to start the new content will be?

Unfortunately, I'm in the position of being a new player on PS4 surrounded by all these old pros. It feels a lot like being the younger brother everyone secretly (or directly) makes fun of when it's time to play a game of Kickball or Four-Square. Don't want to bother anyone, but man I want to play!

I'd kill for cross platform play. Silly corporations charging for online!

29! Man. I need to get some more gear! The last room in Vault of Glass is, like, level 28 or something even though it lets you in at 26, right? I guess I need to shoot for that before diving in. I'd hate to do 20 damage per shot to enemies during the last encounter.

Oh, and I just discovered the absolute awesomeness that is the Destiny App being able to transfer items from characters to the bank and vice versa. Does that work while I'm actively logged into the game? If so, can you get mail from the app too? I'd love to not have to go to the Tower after completing the daily public event on each character and still be able to bank the materials.

Anyone here would be happy to take you through raids, show you the ropes, etc.

Further, the Destiny app is cool but the Loadouts for Destiny app on iOS (and I think Android too) is even better.

Waldini

Very curious about this patch....

Same here ... Final updates? For what? I was under the impression last friday had all the stuff needed for HoW. Maybe there's more coming?

... wait a minute. Did the data-miners find the "skinned" Fang of Ir Yut? The one with the orange color?

*crosses fingers for more goodies!*

noomi

Wonder if the patch will fix the key farming exploit

My money is on yes, it will be fixed.

Same here ... Final updates? For what? I was under the impression last friday had all the stuff needed for HoW. Maybe there's more coming?

... wait a minute. Did the data-miners find the "skinned" Fang of Ir Yut? The one with the orange color?

Well the speaker was never updated to exchange materials so maybe that will happen today.... or tomorrow :p

Could just be a sleeper update to, and activate tomorrow.

Waldini

Well the speaker was never updated to exchange materials so maybe that will happen today.... or tomorrow :p

Could just be a sleeper update to, and activate tomorrow.

I can understand why they did not update the Speaker yet. Most of the 1.2.0 patch is related to HoW content. Which should go live this tuesday.

Strange thing is that Bungie told us there would be one patch before the HoW activation. Now this is the second one. We'll see.

Might be a sleeper update though.

That's where I saw my 20+ days number.

Honestly, it's kind of neat being able to see both numbers. bungie shows you actual play time. time you were literally playing the game and running around with your character.

Then you can deduce the remaining time as time spent idle, just BSing in party chat, or looking for groups.

Trakan

I'm assuming the Queen's Wrath ending will halt that.

I'm not sure it's going to end. Petra will be in the Reef and still have the same bounties and it will go towards Queen's Wrath reputation. I don't really understand why she's even in the tower other than a week of pre-launch hype.

Bungie app calculates the hours played through game mode, so imagine none of it.

I think destinytracker shows the breakdown of how much time was spent in orbit.

Owensboro

I'm assuming the Queen's Wrath ending will halt that.

That'd be nice. I was away the entire weekend and only just discovered this whole nonsense happening yesterday after getting everything home. I was able to piece it together for a bit yesterday but would love to actually get a little blue engram farming in. I need Weapon Parts baaaaaaaad. I'm kind of just expecting it to be patched today, but lord would it be good to do it for one more day.

Rainmaker

Banned

I was really hoping that meant weapon shaders. Would've been my number one most looked-forward-to new aspect of the game (outside of leveling up old legendaries) but it looks like it's not a thing. Still haven't seen a re-skin of it either though so... I don't know

Because it is bullshit. I don't use it and I don't want to use it because it's bullshit. I'd feel like I'm cheating like when I used the OG Mytho.

Thorn is not "bullshit." It's actually quite hard to use compared to TLW or even a good legendary pulse rifle like 123 Syzygy. It doesn't fire that fast, and you have to get headshots.

I just got Thorn, and it's my baby. I've been maining it for the Queen's bounties and even messed up orb generation during Crota because my DoT killed one of the knights (whoops). But right now, I'm doing way worse with it in Crucible than Vex, TLW, or Red Death.

Vex and TLW are basically newb tubes. You can spray and pray and still rack of kills if your aim is decent at all. Pulse rifles also don't require close to the level of precision it takes to pull off 2 headshots back-to-back with Thorn.

Here's the real truth about Thorn: it's OP in the hands of a great player. Well, so are most other guns. Watch Gaz run around the Crucible doing the Thorn bounty for the 4th time with Word of Crota racking up 10-kill streaks, and you'll see what I mean.

Thorn is not "bullshit." It's actually quite hard to use compared to TLW or even a good legendary pulse rifle like 123 Syzygy. It doesn't fire that fast, and you have to get headshots.

I just got Thorn, and it's my baby. I've been maining it for the Queen's bounties and even messed up orb generation during Crota because my DoT killed one of the knights (whoops). But right now, I'm doing way worse with it in Crucible than Vex, TLW, or Red Death.

Vex and TLW are basically newb tubes. You can spray and pray and still rack of kills if your aim is decent at all. Pulse rifles also don't require close to the level of precision it takes to pull off 2 headshots back-to-back with Thorn.

Here's the real truth about Thorn: it's OP in the hands of a great player. Well, so are most other guns. Watch Gaz run around the Crucible doing the Thorn bounty for the 4th time with Word of Crota racking up 10-kill streaks, and you'll see what I mean.

c-mon-son-o.gif

Thorn is not hard to use.

GhaleonEB

I'm not sure it's going to end. Petra will be in the Reef and still have the same bounties and it will go towards Queen's Wrath reputation. I don't really understand why she's even in the tower other than a week of pre-launch hype.
It was the return of the Queen's Wrath event, just launched ahead of HoW to generate hype (it sure seemed to work). I'm not expecting the chests to be part of her regular Reef bounties.
They're going to remove the public events too?
I don't know. But I sure don't expect unlimited chest farming from now on, just during the Queen's Wrath event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom