• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
It was the return of the Queen's Wrath event, just launched ahead of HoW to generate hype (it sure seemed to work). I'm not expecting the chests to be part of her regular Reef bounties.

I'm pretty sure it'll be on-going. They'll probably patch chest farming a bit. It'd be nice to restrict it to 1 opening but guaranteeing a key even though a key is likely just for extra glimmer.

I'm not all that far from that, feel like I've done a pretty good job. spyder_ur

I also feel like I'm going to be spending the first couple hours of the DLC tomorrow decrypting engrams and packages.

I got burned last time. I had them all ready to turn over to the next level to get new packages on all 3 characters and got ZERO new items

I didn't bother this time. And if I've learned anything from my frantic leveling and double bounties when TDB launched its not to rush and worry because in the end you'll be where you want to be.

Whoa. Is it supposed to end today? I just realized it was happening yesterday.

I'm pretty sure it'll be on-going. They'll probably patch chest farming a bit. It'd be nice to restrict it to 1 opening but guaranteeing a key even though a key is likely just for extra glimmer.
The Queen's Wrath will likely end but Petra will be in the reef, just like Eris, to keep boosting the rep to get those rank 3 shaders.

GhaleonEB

That's certainly a possibility; I just don't think unlimited chest farming is going to stick around, is all. I can see them nerfing it down to one chest per day similar to getting the gold tier public event package, outside of the Queen's Wrath event. (And even then I think it'll get nerfed to something like one chest per day per location.)

Thorn is not "bullshit." It's actually quite hard to use compared to TLW or even a good legendary pulse rifle like 123 Syzygy. It doesn't fire that fast, and you have to get headshots.

I just got Thorn, and it's my baby. I've been maining it for the Queen's bounties and even messed up orb generation during Crota because my DoT killed one of the knights (whoops). But right now, I'm doing way worse with it in Crucible than Vex, TLW, or Red Death.

Vex and TLW are basically newb tubes. You can spray and pray and still rack of kills if your aim is decent at all. Pulse rifles also don't require close to the level of precision it takes to pull off 2 headshots back-to-back with Thorn.

Here's the real truth about Thorn: it's OP in the hands of a great player. Well, so are most other guns. Watch Gaz run around the Crucible doing the Thorn bounty for the 4th time with Word of Crota racking up 10-kill streaks, and you'll see what I mean.

Of all the responses, I didn't expect 'Thorn is hard'.

Namikaze1

I need a bigger Vault, Bungie! Half of my exotics are on my Guardians! Not pictured are the 5 keys I have spread across my Guardians.

CFSyD-kUsAEFhoh.jpg:orig

spyder_ur

I got burned last time. I had them all ready to turn over to the next level to get new packages on all 3 characters and got ZERO new items

I didn't bother this time. And if I've learned anything from my frantic leveling and double bounties when TDB launched its not to rush and worry because in the end you'll be where you want to be.

Yeah, honestly wasn't that bad, a couple weeks ago I just stopped leveling up factions and switched to a 'dummy' faction. I hadn't spent marks for a while. Either way, it's probably not that important because I'll be lucky to get a usable item or two out of those level ups, plus turning in all the commendations makes edging all these factions mostly moot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dear Bungie,

Your game may lack in a lot of areas. It may have terrible lag problems during Iron Banner and Crucible matches. It's grinding nature may be is terrible. The raids still remained broken in a way. Thorn is a thorn on my side. But you succeeded in the whole social aspect of the game. I met some great and wonderful people through Destiny. People like Figadapaura, Everyday Math, Toddv360, Zoba, Hawkian, Drizzay, rodiard, etc.
thank you nami. We could record a mythocast episode this evening if the others are around.

--

Thorn should have Send It converted to Hammer Forged so that it just matches Hawkmoon for range rather than beating it. I don't think many people realize that Thorn is the current winner overall for HC range and top-tier for RoF, even without its exotic perk.

Describing Thorn as hard to use is shameful. It's good at everything. Describing it as hard to use specifically in comparison to TLW is a great textbook example in the field of wrongness.

Fusion rifles are completely fine though. If conventional wisdom is to be that they are garbage now then bully for me I guess. Fusion rifles are particularly effective against people who run around using shotguns as primaries who can be killed in one blast while trying to close the distance to shotgun range.

The obvious problem is that felwinter's lie can simply OHK well outside of shotgun range with the rolled perks, and thus earns itself a specific nerf, on top of the 50% range nerf shotguns should get across the board in the Crucible.

stb

8:30 & 9:30 raid teams, what are we doing about PoE this week?

Posting this early so groups can form to play during the day tomorrow, as I know people are taking tomorrow off or are generally available during the day anyway.

Below is the list of last week's raid teams teams and alts. I've added "DAY" and "EVENING" after GAF/PSN names.

Could you please reply to let me know if you'll be playing on release, during the day, in the evening, or whatever combo?

I'll update/sort throughout the day so groups can start forming.

Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) [PoE: evening]
2) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) [story: evening?; PoE: evening]
3) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde) [story: day; PoE: evening]
4) captscience (PSN captscience) [story: day; PoE: day/evening] [also trying to do NF between story and PoE]
5) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) [story: day; PoE: day/evening] [also trying to do NF between story and PoE]
6) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??

Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern
1) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) [story: day; PoE: evening]
2) T-44 (PSN T-44) [story: day; PoE: evening]
4) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) [story: day?; PoE: evening]
4) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
5) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
6) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??

Alts
a) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) [story: day; PoE: evening] [also trying to do NF between story and PoE]
a) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) [no formal availability, but invite him if you see him on!]
a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
a) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??

LordofPwn

I got 1 key the entire weekend, and 0 legendary engrams. My characters are filled with blue engrams. need tuesday to come so i can cash them in, eating up my vault space.

Yeah, honestly wasn't that bad, a couple weeks ago I just stopped leveling up factions and switched to a 'dummy' faction. I hadn't spent marks for a while. Either way, it's probably not that important because I'll be lucky to get a usable item or two out of those level ups, plus turning in all the commendations makes edging all these factions mostly moot.

Oh yeah! I have like 40 commendations Hahahahaha

I guess that will work too.

Trakan

Thorn is not "bullshit."

I could be crazy but I'm pretty sure a bug was introduced in the last couple of patches. One shot can do like 75% of my health. It's doing way too much damage. When it was originally buffed in the exotic patch, it was fine.

Fusion rifles are completely fine though.

Absolutely not. That nerf from a while ago did nothing. There was a guy one shotting me from ridiculous ranges with a Plug.one the other day. It should have about double the range of a shotgun, after the shotgun range nerf you mentioned. It should do literally zero damage at mid to long range.

Where are the passage coins! Need them for the buffs in case there are no carriages available in ToO.

You get one for completing the daily crucible and they also drop as a reward.

I have 6 so far.

I did the daily 3x yesterday and today on my 3 characters.

Seems you can buy consumables for ToS with the coins such as one that doesn't count a loss and the like. So nothing gear wise. It is a blue class item after all.

Can you actually get the keys yet from the wolves during the public events? I was farming for them with a few friends for a couple hours yesterday and not a single one of us got one.

One thing I love about Guild Wars is when they send out Updates. If your raiding or doings certain activities you won't be booted until after you're done.

I could be crazy but I'm pretty sure a bug was introduced in the last couple of patches. One shot can do like 75% of my health. It's doing way too much damage. When it was originally buffed in the exotic patch, it was fine.

I would agree that something feels wrong.

Before, two headshots would leave you horribly injured and the DoT would finish you off.

Now I feel like two headshots is a kill, no DoT necessary.

LordofPwn

yeah I'm pretty sure last few nights i've gotten a couple 86 dmg body shots on people, and sometimes i swear i hit someone but they either take no damage or no burn damage. Also have no idea how people are constantly 2 shotting me with the last word before i can even fire 1 shot.

You get one for completing the daily crucible and they also drop as a reward.

I have 6 so far.

I did the daily 3x yesterday and today on my 3 characters.

Seems you can buy consumables for ToS with the coins such as one that doesn't count a loss and the like. So nothing gear wise. It is a blue class item after all.

I know thanks, I have 7 passage coins ;)
I only teased Nami a bit, because I didn't see any coins in his vault.

LTWood12

8:30 & 9:30 raid teams, what are we doing about PoE this week?

Posting this early so groups can form to play during the day tomorrow, as I know people are taking tomorrow off or are generally available during the day anyway.

Below is the list of last week's raid teams teams and alts. I've added "DAY" and "EVENING" after GAF/PSN names.

Could you please reply to let me know if you'll be playing on release, during the day, in the evening, or whatever combo?

I'll update/sort throughout the day so groups can start forming.

Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) EVENING
2) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) EVENING
3) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde) DAY
4) captscience (PSN captscience) DAY
5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??
6) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) ??

Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
2) T-44 (PSN T-44) ??
3) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??
4) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
5) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??
6) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??

Alts
a) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ??
a) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
a) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??

Current plan is for T-44 and I to be burning through all the story missions, etc on our 3 characters tomorrow afternoon when the update hits. I'll take a break probably around 4:00 central to 7:30 central, and from then on I plan to be on into the Wee hours doing the Prison of Elders. T-44 has a work thing in the evening, and his wife is a week overdue for their second baby, so he could be called away at a moment's notice. I'd love to play w/ any and all of you at some point tomorrow.

Kal_El

Here's my list of the best pvp weapons.

1. Thorn
2. The Last Word
3. Hawkmoon
4. Red Dead
5. Vex

Anything else in the primary slot is just not as good, and will put you at a disadvantage.

Sad, but if you want to be decent, those are pretty much your only choices :/

I do not see the BadJuju on this list so it is incorrect

Wilde

Well if this weekend of farming proved anything, it's that I still need more vault space Bungie!

This is about how I feel at the moment:

Bz3__ufCUAAde2p.jpg:large

Oh man just opened a ether chest and got a legendary before getting kicked.
Those 5 other guardians probably aren't happy about not getting a chance to open it haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom