• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

E2PIKWE.png
The bounties are back?! Yes!

Edit: top of the page. Now all you shall carry me over to the next page! :D

Zechs

Hawkian runs a weekly Noob Raid so that would be a great place to start. He runs through Vault of Glass on Thurs I believe. The weekly strike will get you coins you can use to buy stuff from xur. If you get to lvl 27, there'd probably be a pair of guardians willing to sherpa you through Nightfall. Also right now a lot of ppl are farming loot chests from the new Wolves event that was just added. They're giving a decent shot at picking up Legendary engrams.

Awesome, I will send a DM to Hawkian about it and start farming when I get home from work! Feel free to add me guys PSN Zechs34!

stb

I am not off work tomorrow so I won't be home and free until ~6 PM CST. I will start running the story missions with my first character to at least unlock PoE with it, then start on my other two later in the week. Among having to spend a while in the tower decrypting all these engrams I have across three characters.

You could just piggyback off other people who did the story mode during the day. That's what I'm planning to do. If we get left in the cold, I'm happy to run story with you at the usual raid time.

I am playing at launch tomorrow with a group of friends. I also have a small baby at home so I can't 100% commit to playing non-stop at all tomorrow. So I'm probably not jumping into a preformed group for this week. Although I'm happy to play with everyone spontaneously whenever groups form. Thanks! See everyone tomorrow.

I'll be home playing when HoW drops, so I'll definitely be down to team up for Story/Nightfall with whoever else is around.

Thanks!

If any of you fellas want to do some HM Crota or VoG tonight for funsies let me know. I've got the oracle checpoint :)

Not for me, thanks. I WILL be looking for a NM VoG this coming weekend, though; my baby hunter is growing so fast now!

nOoblet16

I'm sure it's all in my head. Any changes to Thorn and Reddit seems to be all over it. Confirmation bias and whatnot.

I think what's really happening is that someone else is shooting at me, and getting an assist and I just can't tell.

I played a lot of skirmish this weekend and so many teams roll with 3x Thorns, or 2x Thorns and a Hawkmoon.

Yes a lot of times it's because someone else is shooting at you or when you are already damaged etc. Just notice the number of total assists in your team in the post game scoreboard, now imagine that being fairly similar in the other team (granted it's a close match) and you can imagine how often you might have been in a situation where you already were at low health or were being shot at when you got hit by Thorn.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
y'all arguing over Thorn and Hawkmoon need to check your privilege.

"Oh I simply cannot stand French caviar! It must be soaked in brine for an extra 23 minutes or I'll simply DIE"

Hello everyone! I haven't played Destiny in a few months but just bought the season pass and spent all day yesterday leveling from 20-25. I found myself stuck with nothing much to do. After reading this great OT and the guides, I have a better idea on how to progress. I dont however, have a lot of friends who play Destiny and really want to Raid and strike. Would this be the place to set that up? I play on PS4 id Zechs34... Thanks! I honestly forgot how addicting this game was.

Yeah, sure! Are they members? You could always just ask for people and say you already have three or four or however many you have. There are plenty of sherpas.

Nori Chan

LOL NEW DEBUFF DISCOVERED WHERE IT DOESN'T ALLOW YOU TO PLAY NIGHTFALL IF YOU FAIL

or maybe you can only play it once and not help out others?

Nightfall buff says: "It now appears as two arrows pointed downward and reads "You have succumbed to Nightfall. Unable to attempt it again until next week."

Bad time to post Wheel, the Thorn hate brigade is out in full force today.

Don't sweat it though, just watch and laugh as the peasants die from poison whilst fleeing around a corner. Never gets old ^^

To be fair, Wheel did go in the opposite direction from most ppl. Rather than going from Hawkmoon and/or Thorn to TLW, he started with TLW (goat hc) and moved on to thorn.

Anyone have space on their loot chest farming team?

Gala

Yesssssssssss!!!! My boss offered me to work the early shift til the end of the week because he knows I play Destiny and don't want me to miss the HoW release.

noomi

wat.... there's no way there a nightfall lockout after failing...

Also the bounties are back right, only day 1 is available as of today?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian runs a weekly Noob Raid so that would be a great place to start. He runs through Vault of Glass on Thurs I believe. The weekly strike will get you coins you can use to buy stuff from xur. If you get to lvl 27, there'd probably be a pair of guardians willing to sherpa you through Nightfall. Also right now a lot of ppl are farming loot chests from the new Wolves event that was just added. They're giving a decent shot at picking up Legendary engrams.
Yeah, we switch every week, and this Thursday will be Vault of Glass, 9PM EST.

Note that the schedule will be changing up a bit soon. I want to give people in other time zones a shot at these newbie raids so I'm going to mix it up and try an earlier slot on the weekend sometime, and probably move Sword School/soon-to-be-Prison-Survival-Classroom to where the current newbie raids are.
Awesome, I will send a DM to Hawkian about it and start farming when I get home from work! Feel free to add me guys PSN Zechs34!
Keep your eyes peeled to this thread for a link to the sign-ups! You can sign up for any non-GAF friends you have that would be interested in attending as well.
When is the second reset tomorrow? To start HoW that is.

And what is this cheese about the chests?
HoW should launch around 1pm EST.

There is an ancient (since launch) exploit that you can use to double-or-triple-loot any chest or material node out in the world. Simply loot it, get on your sparrow and leave the area (i.e. Archer's Line -> Hellmouth) and return back and it will be lootable again.

This can be done on the temporary wolves' chests if you are fast enough.

8:30 & 9:30 raid teams, what are we doing about PoE this week?Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern

I'm taking the day off and planning on running through all the story stuff on all 3 characters with my brother and a buddy of his. I'll look for schwagger, haybro,verde etc if a spot opens or if I move on to do the NF etc.

You could just piggyback off other people who did the story mode during the day. That's what I'm planning to do. If we get left in the cold, I'm happy to run story with you at the usual raid time.

I'm up for grouping at normal raid time and I should have everything unlocked.

Shito

This reddit screenshot has better got to be a photoshop!

[EDIT]
Notice how crude and small that icon is. Also, the pointer is conveniently placed just at its side.
I call it fake!

stb

I'm taking the day off and planning on running through all the story stuff on all 3 characters with my brother and a buddy of his. I'll look for schwagger, haybro,verde etc if a spot opens or if I move on to do the NF etc.

I'm up for grouping at normal raid time and I should have everything unlocked.

Great, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom