• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamari

I smell a troll, why would Bungie do something like this. It's not like people have been exploiting NF to prompt such a change.

Impala26

z6j41Q0.jpg

I'd love for someone to get the normal "Radiant Light" screenshot so we can try to determine side-by-side if this is a Photoshop or not.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tightening the restriction on how Nightfall failure works would have to accompany a reward increase.

The weird thing is, people seem to be saying that this just replaced the Radiant Light buff for them (i.e., they beat the Nightfall, didn't fail it), while others just still have the regular one like nothing happened.

All will be clear at reset I suppose...

noomi

Maybe it's just a protective measure to block people from running the nightfall at reset tomorrow, since the HoW content hits at 10AM PST?

Or it's just a bug, almost every patch breaks something....

thorn, tlw and mythoclast all need targetted changes in pvp.

nothing wrong with thorn being a pve monster but it's broken in pvp. you will all see why when it's literally the only gun in trials of osiris. its a long ranged hand cannon with high aim assist that rewards spamming for the body. its stupid.

the last word is also literally broken with its numerous glitches, and the mythoclast has terrible hit feedback. id wager that part of the reason it was hated so much is because you never hear it shooting at you.

Red Death is the only balanced top tier weapon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

nothing wrong with thorn being a pve monster but it's broken in pvp. you will all see why when it's literally the only gun in trials of osiris. its a long ranged hand cannon with high aim assist that rewards spamming for the body. its stupid.

the last word is also literally broken with its numerous glitches, and the mythoclast has terrible hit feedback. id wager that part of the reason it was hated so much is because you never hear it shooting at you.

I find the Mythoclast very disorienting to be hit by personally, for sure. I can tell that's what it is, but it just messes me up.

Hawkmoon is balanced as shit damnit! :[

I think all 3 are fine but I suck so what do I know. lol

My best results of late have come while using Red Death. Thorn is good too as is the Vex, but I just can't use TLW... I need more range.

Ok I gotta go clean the house gahhhhh

I'll be back on around 1pm EST for more 6 player key hunting!

I'm up to 5 keys now! Woohoo! And 4 legendary engrams.

Shito

I don't think they really need anything to block us from doing the nightfall tomorrow before the patch hits: this will be the new strike, it will be locked because we didn't complete the story, and we can't complete the story before the DLC is released.
They have nothing to do to block us from doing the nightfall "too soon", it's already handled.

The nightfall will just be locked like with TDB. You can't even start it up. Nah if this is legit it is not to stop people from playing it early.
This.

I find the Mythoclast very disorienting to be hit by personally, for sure. I can tell that's what it is, but it just messes me up.

its randomness both balances and unbalances it. but the range nerf definitely made it fairer. i think its fine. the rate of fire and stability are good tradeoffs for its perks.

thorn doesnt have that tradeoff, and the last words main problem right now is the 111 glitch.

Yeah, Vex is annoying when it hits you. All you hear is pewpewpew and your screen goes orangish red. It is disorienting.

Impala26

Looks like it to me. The grain/jpeg compression is inconsistent around the type and box.

Looking at it closely, yeah, there's some weird artifacts around the actual text and the text box itself doesn't match with the grain of the screen cap itself.

Gotta be a Shop right?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think all 3 are fine but I suck so what do I know. lol

My best results of late have come while using Red Death. Thorn is good too as is the Vex, but I just can't use TLW... I need more range.
Well he's right in that they need modest nerfs and fixes. I think they're mainly fine too, and would feel balanced with just small tweaks, Thorn needing the most dramatic one. Nothing like how I feel about felwinter's lie. TLW can kill the quickest and most consistently of the three but it's the hardest to use by far.
its randomness both balances and unbalances it. but the range nerf definitely made it fairer. i think its fine. the rate of fire and stability are good tradeoffs for its perks.

thorn doesnt have that tradeoff, and the last words main problem right now is the 111 glitch.
Exactly, Hawkmoon is self-limited by the simple luck of the draw. Outside of that it's a very good hand cannon, and also merely a very good hand cannon (don't tell it I said that of course). Thorn has no downsides. It beats HM's range, RoF, and aim assist. It disorients players who get hit by it and gives the person you hit you tracking through walls for a couple seconds. It steals kills and sets up assists left and right even before we get to the 2-headshot-and-walk-away business.

noomi

Whoa, I didn't think these were added until tomorrow. Have they been live all week and I'm just dumb?

Yeah, took me by surprise as well. Did the daily crucible over the weekend and got a passage coin.

I'll have 9 coins by tonight, should be enough or one of my dudes to get what he needs.

felwinters should just be an exotic. everyone uses the same perks anyway.

or rather, universal remote is the only shotgun that should be that strong.

Shito

I do not understand this gif...
Yeah, it's even more suspicious than the screen was.
Wtf if this "buying" animation? Why doesn't it consume a mote of light? Why does it remove the debuff after switching page?
Doesn't make any sense at all.

Is there a way to check k/d with specific weapons? I am sure that performance for most players (including the loudest complainers) with the Thorn is similar to TLW and Hawkmoon.

Bradach

is getting booted out into space not punishment enough!

My usual NF buddies always take out warlock insurance, so it's not biggie for me.

Lnkn52

Yeah, it's even more suspicious than the screen was.
Wtf if this "buying" animation? Why doesn't it consume a mote of light? Why does it remove the debuff after switching page?
Doesn't make any sense at all.

I'm guessing he couldn't buy it since his consumable inventory was full?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm guessing he couldn't buy it since his consumable inventory was full?
I'm thinking neither the debuff nor the purchaseable item were meant to be enabled before the reset are just aren't in a functional state yet.
But the debuff is not there anymore at the very end of the gif.
Sure it is, just takes a second. Watch the first time he goes to the character screen.

No idea how many of my old regulars will be back tomorrow, but I'm planning to reset raid like normal to get raids out of the way for the week. I'll do Crucible or whatever until the HoW stuff drops, then I want to run through the story missions, Nightfall, and PoE for as long as possible.

Not sure if it makes more sense to do stories + NFalls on all three characters first or if I'd rather get into PoE asap. Depends on how hard it will be to get a character to Lv34, I want to tackle the Lv35 PoE as soon as I hit Lv34 on a character, hopefully the first day.
Assuming you meant me? Depends on the time HoW is release. Actually have real life matters to obtain to around ~4 pm EST. for the rest of the night. Prob wont be awake during reset time. But I have not done any preparing so I got noting on acquiring new armor fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom