• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have to add an extra step of going to see the Speaker in the Tower if I wipe during Nightfall? Dammit Bungie.

edit: Top of the page!

giphy.gif

Who can name the hand cannon in the gif?

Shito

So I have to add an extra step of going to see the Speaker in the Tower if I wipe during Nightfall? Dammit Bungie.
If that's true, yeah that is beyond stupid.

Why is everyone freaking out? So it's 1 Mote of Light. I can trade 2 shards for a Mote of Light.
It will not prevent us from trying again, but it would be a pain in the ass to have to go back to the tower just for this after a wipe.
Also, it would make cheesing the nightfalls even more of a "clever" thing to do.

Impala26

arc burn
lightswitch
being in the wrong place at the wrong time

void and solar are easy but arc burn still kicks my ass

Wish I saved that clip of a single thrall surprise-flanking the other two members of my team while I was down and and killed them both with a single melee...

_woLf

Why is everyone freaking out? So it's 1 Mote of Light. I can trade 2 shards for a Mote of Light.

It's an incredibly unnecessary addition that is a goldsink and wastes a LOT of time because of having to load back to space, then tower, then back to space, then strike again.

Bungie continues to make stupid decisions for absolutely no reason.

nightfall news is tremendous step backwards. doesnt matter if it costs a mote to attempt again but going to orbit is part of the problem with it.

say goodbye to ever seeing matchmaking for it.

Shito

nightfall news is tremendous step backwards. doesnt matter if it costs a mote to attempt again but going to orbit is part of the problem with it.

Say goodbye to running it "legit" as well.
They seem to not understand that all the decisions they make around nightfalls contribute to us cheesing them more and more... They need to understand that we love all burns so much because it goes BOTH WAYS, and it's not just only punishing towards the players.

Providing all of this is real, of course. ^^

Impala26

LOL, like this was ever really gonna happen.

At first finding out this might be legit didn't bug me because you could feasibly stock up on them, but then I realized it functioned like the Blessing of Iron and you'd literally have to go back to the Tower after each Nightfall fail... Bungle plz.

Second thought, could it actually be a consumable? Can you not buy Blessing of Iron if your consumable slots are full either?

EDIT: You folks confirmed the last bit, thanks for clarification. :)
Not as bad, but still kinda shitty.

LordofPwn

If they up the exotic drop rate and add etheric light to a %50 drop chance then i'm ok with this. Almost too easy to get exotics in the game. Is it dumb to add this in now at this point in the game? absolutely.

Nori Chan

Yeah, it's even more suspicious than the screen was.
Wtf if this "buying" animation? Why doesn't it consume a mote of light? Why does it remove the debuff after switching page?
Doesn't make any sense at all.

Maybe it's not active.

damn you guys trying to think this is fake is pretty funny lol

GhaleonEB

Here's the actual clip of the debuff and the speaker selling the infusion of light to get rid of it... or rather not selling it.

http://xboxclips.com/Malcxlm/476f8afa-4eac-4b5e-bc6e-bd8ef33ce424

On the one hand, I'm all for finding ways to make motes of light useful. I have 400 of them, having never spent one.

On the other, this just adds a step to the Nightfall when you wipe. It feels VERY forced. I do hope rewards are increased.

patchday

oooo... This is my day. PatchDay. Let the rage out dgaf.

Granted, this NF change looks pretty poor. Wish this game didn't have a Tower sometimes. Console Games that have a tower tend to become quite a bit more tedious due to forcing the player into it (Destiny and Dragonball Xenoverse)

Shito

The thing I dislike the most about this is that they never even mentionned it. It's not in the patch notes, not in the previews, not in the weekly updates, it would just appear out of nowhere because they knew we wouldn't like it one bit.
Once again that would crush all the good will they had going on with their communication lately...

Maybe it's not active.

damn you guys trying to think this is fake is pretty funny lol
Well, we had our shares of fakes lately, so I think it's reasonnable to be cautious about such a surprise change. :)

On the one hand, I'm all for finding ways to make motes of light useful. I have 400 of them, having never spent one.

On the other, this just adds a step to the Nightfall when you wipe. It feels VERY forced. I do hope rewards are increased.
Reforging weapon is the correct way to make us spend our motes.
This is just the stupid way. ^^

Say goodbye to running it "legit" as well.
They seem to not understand that all the decisions they make around nightfalls contribute to us cheesing them more and more... They need to understand that we love all burns so much because it goes BOTH WAYS, and it's not just only punishing towards the players.

Providing all of this is real, of course. ^^

dont remember ever running a nightfall "legit". unless hiding in a closet is how they intended us to play the boss encounters

is only a matter of time before all the safe spots are patched.

First thing I thought of lol. I think MM works with how it's been but, if this is legit, I can see the argument for not having it. This is so dumb if real though.

I wonder if you can just buy a stack of them. Or something.

Manp

edit: Top of the page!

giphy.gif

Who can name the hand cannon in the gif?

players: hey bungie, the speaker is useless!

bungie: omg you're right, we're fixing it. now every time you fail a NF you'll have to go to the speaker and buy your way back to the NF with a mote!

players: that's totally not what ...

bungie: yeah! we're so awesome! and you love us! :)

players: but we ...

bungie: LOVE USSSS!

at least that's how it goes in my mind :|

So about that Thorn bug...

Can anyone think of any reason why I'd do 112 damage instead of 84 like it's supposed to?

This raises some other suspicions I've been having with damage lately.

If anyone can test this, I'd appreciate it. All PvE related.

Yesterday I tried this with a level 32 Void Warlock and a 32 Striker Titan.

If I attack a vandal with my melee ability I swear I used to be able to 1HKO them. As of 1.2 every Vandal I attack with my melee ability lives with 5-8% health.

The odd part is that if I attack them with the basic melee (as in not the fancy cooldown one) I seem to have about a 50/50 chance to 1HKO a Vandal. The odd thing is that if I don't 1HKO the Vandal, I'm still doing the exact same damage to the Vandal cooldown or not.

I believe Storm Fist should be doing extra damage at least.

hydruxo

They can't possibly have thought this was a good idea.

But then again, I thought the same thing when they introduced the exotic upgrade system with TDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom