• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if you can just buy a stack of them. Or something.
It seems you can but there's zero reason to be adding this layer of inconvenience in the first place. Just seems to be a time waster.

And I'm guessing if one person in your team doesn't have it, the entire team has to travel to the tower.

On the one hand, I'm all for finding ways to make motes of light useful. I have 400 of them, having never spent one.

On the other, this just adds a step to the Nightfall when you wipe. It feels VERY forced. I do hope rewards are increased.
20 shards instead of 10.
kappa.png

Mindlog

I like the Nightfall twist. I don't mind spending motes for the buff removal.
However, I have no room. NO ROOM. No room at all for new items.

Shito

That can't possibly have thought this was a good idea.
They didn't.
That's why they never talked about it.
Hope it's just another case of a scrapped idea that somehow made it into the final build. Speaking about that, did they fix the Archon's Priest "fix" or not?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I actually don't mind this. In theory. I like risk / reward in games. It's why if I'm not playing this I obsess over Souls.

patchday

On the one hand, I'm all for finding ways to make motes of light useful. I have 400 of them, having never spent one.

On the other, this just adds a step to the Nightfall when you wipe. It feels VERY forced. I do hope rewards are increased.

yeah if you run Iron Banner then you'll probably be low on Motes. Because you have gamble them away to get a good roll on the guns.

LTWood12

Only reason that makes sense to me is that the rewards from Nightfalls are overall better with House of Wolves. With shards and energy no longer being used for any of the new gear, i'm assuming they'll be removed as a reward option, and replaced with etheric light and motes possibly?

Manp

They didn't.
That's why they never talked about it.
Hope it's just another case of a scrapped idea that somehow made it into the final build. Speaking about that, did they fix the Archon's Priest "fix" or not?

□ is it good for the player? fix
□ is it bad for the player? don't fix

ocean

Banned
Such a non issue. Let's not make a big deal. How often do you really wipe a NF? It's happened maybe three times for me since launch, maybe two of those being an accidental spin to orbit to rejoin while fireteam leader (still hurts so dumb).

And going to the tower to spend a mote to rely is a minor nuisance at most.

This is nothing like the shitbomb that was the upgrade process.

nOoblet16

Why is everyone freaking out? So it's 1 Mote of Light. I can trade 2 shards for a Mote of Light.

Because it was already stupid that failing a nightfall would kick you back to Orbit (and hence make you go through two loading screens) instead of just having you respawn from the start of the strike. Now we have to go to the Speaker, that's another loading screen and a long ass one at that considering Tower loading takes time due to matchmaking.

Only reason that makes sense to me is that the rewards from Nightfalls are overall better with House of Wolves. With shards and energy no longer being used for any of the new gear, i'm assuming they'll be removed as a reward option, and replaced with etheric light and motes possibly?

Even still. It's a questionable thing to add and it's going to need an explanation as well.

Such a non issue. Let's not make a big deal. How often do you really wipe a NF? It's happened maybe three times for me since launch, maybe two of those being an accidental spin to orbit to rejoin while fireteam leader (still hurts so dumb).

it's a pointless change unless rewards have increased.

Atone13

Because it was already stupid that failing a nightfall would kick you back to Orbit (and hence make you go through two loading screens) instead of just having you respawn from the start of the strike. Now we have to go to the Speaker, that's another loading screen and a long ass one at that considering Tower loading takes time due to matchmaking.

I'm wondering, if it turns out this is indeed what's happening, if you could just pre buy a couple of them for backup, and if you do happen to fail at the nightfall, just use it and go back in. I admit though, failing and then having to travel back to the tower and then back to the nightfall seems like an unnecessary change.

stb

Is one of the HoW exotic helmets a tinfoil hat or something?

I guess the pre-HoW patch honeymoon is over. Conspiracy theory mode: engage!

Shito

This is not a big thing for us, but as someone puts it nicely on reddit...

Thanks! Im actually kinda speechless and hoping we are all wrong. I help Kinderguardians through a lot of NF, and I especially enjoy taking somebody through their first.

This is not going to make that any more enjoyable for anyone involved. Especially Kinderguardians that don't have access to the motes that we do.
... this is a big problem for players that are not into this game as much as we are.
Lately we've been helping a friend of us with my girlfriend: he got to 30 lately, got his first exotic ever during his first raid this we, and we carried him on the nightfalls those past weeks. If we were to wipe by accident, it's not a big deal for us two, because we have many motes, but he doesn't, and he would have to farm for one mote to try it again, and we would have to wait for him to do so.
It's an incredibly stupid limitation, really.

Manp

i wonder why every time they add something to screw us over they always fail to mention it beforehand. they took all their sweet time during that one stream to detail all the new awesome stuff the speaker was going to be able to do but somehow forgot to mention this one little detail...

Trakan

It's an incredibly unnecessary addition that is a goldsink and wastes a LOT of time because of having to load back to space, then tower, then back to space, then strike again.

Bungie continues to make stupid decisions for absolutely no reason.

I agree it's stupid. I'm just saying get mad over something that actually matters. This is as small as it gets on the scale. It's a minor inconvenience. If they had made it so you literally cannot repeat the nightfall until the next week, then I'd agree wholeheartedly.

I can't even remember the last time I wiped on a NF.

BondFancy

Honestly the reason I think they added this is just so people can't just go to orbit and come back in to respawn instantly.

ocean

Banned
it's a pointless change unless rewards have increased.
Oh I agree it's pointless and unnecessary. It's just I don't feel it's something we'll ever really have to contend with unless we're running NF solo. Granted I never solo so this is perhaps genuinely an issue for people who play that way.

It's a shame Bungie is spending dev time implementing annoyances that don't add anything and just hinder the fun. I imagine this is their way of making "endgame is easy, I solo NF" less of a thing. They kind of pride themselves in making stuff difficult even when we always find a way around it.

Still, if this is the only "oh cmon fuckkkkkk you were doing so well!" Surprise in HoW, I'll still be happy. That Xur upgrade thing really was a shit bomb.

i wonder why every time they add something to screw us over they always fail to mention it beforehand. they took all their sweet time during that one stream to detail all the new awesome stuff the speaker was going to be able to do but somehow forgot to mention this one little detail...

surprisemotherfuckers.gif

Omni

... this is a big problem for players that are not into this game as much as we are.
Lately we've been helping a friend of us with my girlfriend: he got to 30 lately, got his first exotic ever during his first raid this we, and we carried him on the nightfalls those past weeks. If we were to wipe by accident, it's not a big deal for us two, because we have many motes, but he doesn't, and he would have to farm for one mote to try it again, and we would have to wait for him to do so.
Daily crucible event gives a mote of light and a passage coin.

It's not that hard to get motes any more. 10 minutes.

Lima

Daily story mission and daily PvP event and you have 4 motes every single day now. Bullshit that you have to farm motes.

LTWood12

Could be that the debuff is applied as soon as you boot up the nightfall. So once you're in it you have to stay in it. If you want to go to orbit and join back to avoid the wipe, it'll cost you a mote. This would make more sense.

This raises some other suspicions I've been having with damage lately.

If anyone can test this, I'd appreciate it. All PvE related.

Yesterday I tried this with a level 32 Void Warlock and a 32 Striker Titan.

If I attack a vandal with my melee ability I swear I used to be able to 1HKO them. As of 1.2 every Vandal I attack with my melee ability lives with 5-8% health.

The odd part is that if I attack them with the basic melee (as in not the fancy cooldown one) I seem to have about a 50/50 chance to 1HKO a Vandal. The odd thing is that if I don't 1HKO the Vandal, I'm still doing the exact same damage to the Vandal cooldown or not.

I believe Storm Fist should be doing extra damage at least.

I have noticed quite a bit that if I actually make aim for the head when doing a melee it's pretty much a guaranteed OHK, but any other time they're always left with a tiny bit of health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom