• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Well these pics kinda suck, but luckily I took one of the 'Reforge Ready' bubble that should be unique to Hose of Wolves stuff. I'll try and get a better pic, sorry for potato quality.

mMigRBQ.jpg

INVITE ONLY!

Woah.... I guess todays update must have unlocked crucible rewards?

nOoblet16

The Thorn bounty is tough if you try to play out of your element. if you find a decent Void special and heavy, you just have to stay positive for 10-20 games. Perhaps it goes by quicker if you have Word of Crota or Atheon's Epilogue so long as you don't die a bunch of times, but I don't see that going too well with the current meta game.

Anything that isn't in the top 5-10 weapons is basically obsolete.

Thorn either needs a lower mag again and/or a DoT change (proc only on headshots or low health opponents)
The Last Word needs 111 glitch patched
Hawkmoon's fine
Red Death's fine
Mythoclast needs better visual feedback and less body shot damage

Once you pass mid-level, these are the only weapons you see. Once you get to high level, it's only Thorn and TLW. And a step above that is only Thorn, Felwinter's Lie and Bladedancers.
I feel like the DoT duration for Thorn is shorter now after last week's patch that also introduced that hissing noise.

hydruxo

Well these pics kinda suck, but luckily I took one of the 'Reforge Ready' bubble that should be unique to Hose of Wolves stuff. I'll try and get a better pic, sorry for potato quality.

mMigRBQ.jpg

INVITE ONLY!

Nice. Stats look pretty good, what perks does it have? Any of the new ones?

Snwaters

Was looking at the new Grimoire cards for Drevis, and it appears we now know the name of the Queen's brother: Prince Uldren.

Huh.

vctor182

IMO, Thorn is not OP I used it before Hawkmoon and TLW. It's a great weapon in the right hands just like the other Hand Cannons. I used to go all Agility before but now I have an all rounded build and the DoT doesn't kill me if I kill them first.

noomi

Me when I'm bored and don't feel like using a mic

Me, when I want to play the game and not grind for loot.

I'm probably not going to have a choice to do anything else but the 28 version during the weekdays. I have a hard time getting people together to play in the time window I usually have.

I believe the level 28 arena also gives house of wolves rep which will certainly help towards getting ranks.

I guess I just feel a little over whelmed with how many versions of the arena there are. 28, 32, 34, and 35.... and then doing all that again for each alt :p

IMO, Thorn is not OP I used it before Hawkmoon and TLW. It's a great weapon in the right hands just like the other Hand Cannons. I used to go all Agility before but now I have an all rounded build and the DoT doesn't kill me if I kill them first.
May be your opinion. But it does not stop it from being OP. People have already posted why. The evidence is there no matter how much people try to debate it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thorn doesn't need a nerf imo. If anything drop the clip size to 6.
lol. that would be a nerf my friend.
The other HC's perform just as well as the Thorn. They arguably have a quicker TTK when the rng works in their favour.
It beats Hawkmoon for Range and Rate of Fire, and doesn't rely on RNG at all. TLW smokes it for raw TTK but is considerably harder to use, and can't compete at its range.
The Thorn is more about putting people under pressure, making them panic and then finishing them off or letting your team mates do so.
It should be about that. It was about that before any buffs. Now it's just basically the best Hand Cannon, with additional advantages that no others have.
I've not properly used my Thorn for a while in Crucible, I've been using my Vex instead and that thing wrecks if you know how to use it properly.
Haha, I don't know, point at people's heads and hold button doesn't seem all that intricate in terms of how to use! The Vex would seem to me to be one of the easiest weapons left to succeed with in the Crucible.
Is the game back up?
There was very little downtime.

The nightfall debuff kind of sucks but it really isn't as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be. Sure it's a waste of time going to the tower and going back but how often do most of us wipe anyways? If anything it'll make everyone be even more cautious

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The nightfall debuff kind of sucks but it really isn't as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be. Sure it's a waste of time going to the tower and going back but how often do most of us wipe anyways? If anything it'll make everyone be even more cautious
This is the current word from Bungie on that topic: "Don't panic. Ghosts in the Machine. Investigation activated. More on this soon."

We don't have enough information yet to conclude anything

Svartnatt

I love the shit of of Red Death. I love the sensation of getting into a chaotic 2v1 at range and realizing that you actually have the advantage because you know at least one of them will get killed and trigger the regen. My biggest problem with it is being too aggressive because of how confident it can make you feel after a couple of "near deaths." Really easy to keep it equipped while running into what I'd call "Felwinter's range."

Ah, Prestige IV most likely

You must be thinking of something else. Invective is solar.

Damn you're right, I bought the vendor shotgun Two to the Morgue to do this. Same strategy though, so it is possible to do without a void primary, just takes a little longer.

noomi

I don't know about you guys, but I feel my OCD kicking in a bit.

I'm definitely feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of content we are getting tomorrow and everything that I need to get done.

rNilla

I'm definitely feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of content we are getting tomorrow and everything that I need to get done.
Pace yourself Guardian. There's no need to rush.

EL CUCO

Haha I used to be like that. A nice little 3 month break from Destiny to platinum a couple other games made me realize that I need to just chill out and have fun playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom