• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

This just in:

0eAB0hl.png

So queens 331 level 32 or whatever stuff can be gotten with a key as long as you have a key... But the good 365 level 34 stuff and the Etheric light is on a reset.

Ok glad I didn't farm more than one key.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Haha I used to be like that. A nice little 3 month break from Destiny to platinum a couple other games made me realize that I need to just chill out and have fun playing the game.
yes please

offer seminars to everybody!
He's saying the tooltip for the perk ("Fitted Stock" in that shot) is rendered above cursor instead of below, which blocks the potential stat change shown above the perks.
OH! Hahaha that is wack.

So basically all those keys you've been farming, you can complete PoE and open the chests at the end for rewards. Not sure how many chests there are, but lets says there are 3. If you have 3 more keys, you can complete PoE again and open those 3 chests again.
I believe it would be more like one key = one loot. You complete it once, get the loot, and then you can go back and complete it again for more loot.

So any clarification on the whole "Extinguished" shit? I see DeeJ didn't have a clue what was going on. I hope it's a royal fuckup and they'll fix it soon, because reading that almost made me lose all the goodwill Bungie gathered over the last month.

GhaleonEB

So basically all those keys you've been farming, you can complete PoE and open the chests at the end for rewards. Not sure how many chests there are, but lets says there are 3. If you have 3 more keys, you can complete PoE again and open those 3 chests again.

To add, the some of the media previews for PoE mentioned there were three chests in the treasure room at the bottom. Each chest was a different size (small, medium, large). Presumably, the larger chests require more keys to open.

vctor182

May be your opinion. But it does not stop it from being OP. People have already posted why. The evidence is there no matter how much people try to debate it.

But the same thing can be said to Hawkmoon and TLW, they can feel OP if certain conditions are met but it's not 100% of the case, not even 50%.People getting 2 shotted with Thorn can be 2 shotted with Hawkmoon and TLW or even Read Death, 3LW o Ghaleons Demise.

stb

i'd like to do the story during the day too. I'm definitely down for PoE in the evening!

Added; thanks.

Re: Thorn bounty: if we're sharing stories about why it really isn't that hard to get...

You kids and your felwinterses and swordbreakerses in a post-shotgun buff world, let alone void hand cannons (or primaries at all)!

I got mine with Truth, a void Swarm, and a *green* shotgun I bought specifically for the bounty because I had previously only been trying to do it with the heavies. Pre-shotgun buff! And I'm awful at crucible! EDIT: I did do this as a defender titan (without Saint-14), so I did make liberal use of sticky void grenades).

Honestly, if you're struggling to do this bounty, you're probably terrible at crucible. And if you're terrible at crucible, I'm not sure why you'd torture yourself with a bounty for a thing that is primarily useful in Crucible. I guess I sympathize with the "collector" mentality, though.

All this said, the "it's OK to be OP because it's so hard to get" argument is nonsense. For 2 reasons:
1) it really isn't THAT hard to get
2) even if it were, the concept of "only people who are good at crucible should be able to get it to make them even better at crucible" is quite the logical circle-jerk.

I can't weigh in on what is or isn't OP, due to my aforementioned terribleness at crucible. I just haven't seen a logical defense yet of it being OK for it to be OP (if it is).

So any clarification on the whole "Extinguished" shit? I see DeeJ didn't have a clue what was going on. I hope it's a royal fuckup and they'll fix it soon, because reading that almost made me lose all the goodwill Bungie gathered over the last month.

I mentioned it earlier, but I really don't see the point in the secrecy. If it's something they're introducing then why be so secret about that one thing when they've already basically laid out the entire patch notes for tomorrow. If it's not intended to be implemented at all, and it showing up was just some old code that showed up as a bug, then just say so.

I mentioned it earlier, but I really don't see the point in the secrecy. If it's something they're introducing then why be so secret about that one thing when they've already basically laid out the entire patch notes for tomorrow. If it's not intended to be implemented at all, and it showing up was just some old code that showed up as a bug, then just say so.

That's Bungie for you. Sad truth.

It wasn't always so.

Thanks for clarification. That makes sense.

GhaleonEB

Bungie wanting us to farm keys is boring filler IMO. Not interested.

I'm not sure Bungie wants us to, so much as presenting it as an option. So, don't do it. Personally I don't really 'get' farming; I ran each bounty exactly once and had a good time, but it was to complete the bounties. Doing them over and over is just a grind. But if someone has a good time doing it, hey. Go nuts.

nOoblet16

In a hilarious UI oversight, when you look at the 'stat changing' bubble column, the description block obscures the actually stats.

It's an oversight and not at the same time. Because the description block can pop up underneath the marker or over the marker depending on where the marker is on screen, which is why for stuff that's around the middle of the screen this happens, an easy way to get around this would be to bring the marker down from the top portion of th escreen so that the description block pops up on the lower part rather than the upper one which would block the stats.

Frenden

Banned
I'm not sure Bungie wants us to, so much as presenting it as an option. So, don't do it. Personally I don't really 'get' farming; I ran each bounty exactly once and had a good time, but it was to complete the bounties. Doing them over and over is just a grind. But if someone has a good time doing it, hey. Go nuts.

Six person sparrow racing for legendary engram drops over the last couple of days was fun.

Eight keys and seven legendary engrams to turn in is a nice bonus to hanging out with five people and shooting the shit while shooting shit.

So you have to redeem all 6 bounties to get that Queens Favour?

I wanted to submit them after tomorrow's reset when I have gear to pump the XP into. Worried I will lose the reward. But the reward is likely crap compared to all the XP I would lose doing it now.

Suggestions?

But the same thing can be said to Hawkmoon and TLW, they can feel OP if certain conditions are met but it's not 100% of the case, not even 50%.People getting 2 shotted with Thorn can be 2 shotted with Hawkmoon and TLW or even Read Death, 3LW o Ghaleons Demise.

Like hawkian said, Thorn's problem is that it doesn't have any drawbacks. Everything else is more or less balanced in some way with a tradeoff.

ExVicis

So queens 331 level 32 or whatever stuff can be gotten with a key as long as you have a key... But the good 365 level 34 stuff and the Etheric light is on a reset.

Ok glad I didn't farm more than one key.

Same here, it was getting to be way too tedious anyway. I will enjoy the Legendary Engrams I got from it though.

The problem is that the weapon is ridiculously unbalanced, period. A hand cannon with formidable stats and a perk that does damage over time with every first hit is just too much, if a Thorn can win/tie a direct 1 on 1 battle with a LMG without much difficulties then you know there's something wrong.
And how many supers does a player with 100% intellect have in an average game? 4? Your comparison doesn't make sense. Not trying to offend you at all man but everyone who is objective knows that the weapon needs at least a subtle nerf.

You're a Thorn user yourself aren't you? I challenge you to stop using that weapon in PvP for a week, you'll see what jett figa and I mean when we say the weapon is OP and a complete buzzkiller in PvP. "If you can't beat them you must join them" is a terrible solution even though it's something I've seen lots of people do unfortunately.
Exotics were supposed to feel overpowered (if that's how you like to call it, I think Bungie said they are supposed to feel "premium and unique" IIRC) sure, but not BE overpowered.

The bounty was, once again, pretty easy to do, remember, mileage may vary. If we're going by your metric that difficult/long bounties should give you OP weapons then the Bad Juju should be a top tier one.
Destiny's PvP shouldn't necessarily be competitive but it should be fun, and a match full of Thorns isn't something I'd call fun. That "Guardians should feel OP" is something I've never heard either but if that's the case then Bungie should give everyone infinite Golden Guns.

I don't always use my thorn though. In PVP I switch between Last word, thorn, Vex or red death. You just gotta learn how to play against thorn users. I have defeated many thorn users one on one with my last word, vex or red death. It's not like the weapon is a two shot kill on body. Getting head shots with it still require skill....

I don't take destinys PVP seriously enough to warrant them to nerf weapons. IMO thorn would not be a issue of the Auto rifles never got nerfed. Actually leave all exotics alone... It's why they are tough bounties and drops because they are supposed to be over powered. I worked hard for my tough to get weapons and I don't want them nerfed. I was pissed that they nerfed the vex because at the time, it was not an easy weapon to obtain and still can be a tough drop for some on VOG hM.

The thorn bounty was a bitch to go through so yes I want to be able to go into PVP and abuse it. It's not like the gun is a drop like a ghallajorn or hawkmoon. Everyone at a time can get the bounty and earn it themselves but don't penalize those who earned it by nerfing it. If they want to do that, make destiny PVP barebones as in don't allow supers, armor abilities, weapon abilities and all the other things that make the PVP so niche.

GhaleonEB

Six person sparrow racing for legendary engram drops over the last couple of days was fun.

Eight keys and seven legendary engrams to turn in is a nice bonus to hanging out with five people and shooting the shit while shooting shit.

Right. Nothing wrong with that, is what I'm saying. Me, I was ready to be done with the bounties after I did them each once.

Namikaze1

Well, all my guardians have their bounties collected over the last few days ready to hand in tomorrow. Thank god I saved my commendations for tomorrow too. Easy ranking up.
I... I actually put my Thorn away today. And the Last Word stayed in the vault.

It's pretty much the only thing I use in Crucible (
I'm not great with hand cannons
)

edit: Well NOW the thread slows down.
I have come to the conclusion that I suck with Handcannons that aren't Fatebringer and Hawkmoon. And in these past rounds, I have gotten more kills with Vex than I did with TLW, Thorn, and Fatebringer. Hawkmoon still remains king for me.

Well, all my guardians have their bounties collected over the last few days ready to hand in tomorrow. Thank god I saved my commendations for tomorrow too. Easy ranking up.

I have come to the conclusion that I suck with Handcannons that aren't Fatebringer and Hawkmoon. And in these past rounds, I have gotten more kills with Vex than I did with TLW, Thorn, and Fatebringer. Hawkmoon still remains king for me.

Gah... you guys and your Hawkmoons.

I don't need no horn, everyone I roll with has at least 2 but damn I will kill for a Hawkmoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom