• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't feel like Bungies old stated goal of having players feel good about bringing a wide variety of weapons to Crucible and be competitive has been accomplished at all.

I took my Similar's Wrath into Crucible the other day and it was painful lol. By the time I would get someones shield down I'd be eating a Felwinter's slug. It was hilarious.

wwm0nkey

pic

what's going on in salvage right now

CFUEoZwUkAAuEVO.jpg:large

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
well lack of content topic has been beaten to death so what I'm going to type here isn't anything new. But pve.... We're just shooting the same mobs and the same bosses. Whether its a 'strike', bounty, or heroic.

Crucible- I'm fine with shooting folks. But again, we're not getting no original fresh modes

I kinda want to say they're not doing anything new but just modeling new guns and armors. They know how to toss carrots out there. But they have extreme difficulty introducing anything more

Maybe. Maybe I like the semi-routine of it. I don't know.

It does feel to me like there's loads to do. I could sit for hours and hours - whilst a more varied FPS just couldn't give me that compulsion.

I think the game needs less farming. Not more. Farming is not fun.

You don't have to do it unless I'm missing something? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've been farming keys because it's been fun. So why not? I've been enjoying the meta game of seeing how many times I can get back to a chest in the time limit. Plus it's been some good times in the groups I've been in.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Honestly though, is it any better than TLW or Hawkmoon now?

It was only good or "OK" *wink* in PVP because DoT, but the small clip and super slow reload was suicide in crowds. You had to really pick your gun fights. And don't forget it was basically unusable in high level PVE content.

I was a huge fan of that weapon, mainly because of the trouble we went through to get it in that speciial Moon strike. I never want to see it nerfed lol
It has better range. It would need a nerf to match Hawkmoon's range. Would you be okay with that tweak at least??

It definitely needed a buff for PvE though, absolutely.

EL CUCO

It has better range. It would need a nerf to match Hawkmoon's range. Would you be okay with that tweak at least??

It definitely needed a buff for PvE though, absolutely.
I could live with a slight range nerf. I think they all could use another tweak, tbh.

________

Do we know if the Cryptarch is decoding engrams, already?

dB Viper

Nightfall awarded me "Another NITC" with outlaw, firefly and explosive rounds.

This is going to be fun. Scout Rifle's can be Fatebringers, too. :)

th3dude

So:

POE can be run multiple times? Or keys can be used at the end for as many as you have?

Are these chests within a chest?

I believe instead of a timed lockout (like weekly), you'll get one 'free' key per week for beating the bosses. After that, runs will require keys from elsewhere.

vctor182

Thorn has been amazing since its buff but not OP. If it were, then we would've seen this a lot sooner and wouldn't had a 2nd AR nerf. And it's because of these nerfs that Thorn is starting to stand out along with his brothers Hawkmoon and TLW. Perhaps the reason of why Thorn and not the other two may be because it is obtained via quest, is not exclusive and doesn't have a steep learning curve.
Whenever I play Crucible I do see 1 Thorn user at least in the opponent team each game and remember his name to adjust how I engage him, same with Hawkmoons, TLWs, Vexes or recently Red Deaths. Bottom line is that there's never going to be a real balance, some weapons will be better than others and nerfing takes the fun out it little by little. Playing with AR is a joke now, and by asking to nerf Thorn they will nerf the whole sub-class.
You want to nerf something? Nerf shotguns, they are 1 shot KO at a decent range and no learning curve even with the special ammo nerf (that affected snipers more than shotguns) you just have to take 2 crates and you're set

Which is the PvE bit? I have that bounty.

It comes after the PvP bit, where you have to kill people with void damage. I think the questline generally goes

do summoning pits -> Kill People in PvP with void -> defeat Xyor

Xyor spawns in a special instance of the Summoning Pits, a level 26 strike with heroic enabled. Maybe I just suck but I've found it impossible to do alone. If you're at the same stage of the quest I'm at the quest should be called "Corrupted Thorn"

Thorn has been amazing since its buff but not OP. If it were, then we would've seen this a lot sooner and wouldn't had a 2nd AR nerf. And it's because of these nerfs that Thorn is starting to stand out along with his brothers Hawkmoon and TLW. Perhaps the reason of why Thorn and not the other two may be because it is obtained via quest, is not exclusive and doesn't have a steep learning curve.
Whenever I play Crucible I do see 1 Thorn user at least in the opponent team each game and remember his name to adjust how I engage him, same with Hawkmoons, TLWs, Vexes or recently Red Deaths. Bottom line is that there's never going to be a real balance, some weapons will be better than others and nerfing takes the fun out it little by little. Playing with AR is a joke now, and by asking to nerf Thorn they will nerf the whole sub-class.
You want to nerf something? Nerf shotguns, they are 1 shot KO at a decent range and no learning curve even with the special ammo nerf (that affected snipers more than shotguns) you just have to take 2 crates and you're set

all valid points.

hydruxo

The bolded is why I don't want Bungie to nerf anything. If they do then they'll manage to screw up an entire subclass and make them irrelevant like they did with ARs. I like hand cannons and I don't want them to get turned into crap.

My 2 cents about Pvp. It's completely broken and unbalances. Too many nerfs and buffs, final round, thorn DoT, hawkmoon's bullshit 1-2 shot kills, too much shotguns/fusion rifles/ sniper rifles 1 shot kills, how the entire team can get heavy ammo, supers, how players using supers get a buff which makes it harder to try to counter the supers, how supers chain up resulting in more supers, unbalance maps, the list goes on...cant forget my favorite, the horrible lag.

Best new Grimoire card of all time!

The role of the Cryptarchy is to encrypt and safeguard civilization's informational infrastructure, not to decrypt anything and everything for any lowdown scavenger who happens upon an engram.

My 2 cents about Pvp. It's completely broken and unbalances. Too many nerfs and buffs, final round, thorn DoT, hawkmoon's bullshit 1-2 shot kills, too much shotguns/fusion rifles/ sniper rifles 1 shot kills, how the entire team can get heavy ammo, supers, how players using supers get a buff which makes it harder to try to counter the supers, how supers chain up resulting in more supers, unbalance maps, the list goes on...cant forget my favorite, the horrible lag.

i used to hate hawkmoon until i started 2 shotting people with the last word. it feels so dirty.

out of that list final round pisses me off the most. you can hear sweaty players emptying their clips across the map because they to get cheap kills.

neoism

man I wish they could just change it or figure out another way to let people that lovvve PVP more than PVE to not get boned after you get 100 marks per week......:/ I wanta play but im at 100 already... bungle PLZZZZZzzz look in to this... it really doesn't matter if people wanta play all week... let them... REWARD THEM for playing your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom