• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these cries for handcannon nerfs are cool and all, but speaking as someone who doesn't PVP in this game...leave that shit over there.

AR's need a buff for everything. Everything else is fine.

Edit: Lol...point taken

man I wish they could just change it or figure out another way to let people that lovvve PVP more than PVE to not get boned after you get 100 marks per week......:/ I wanta play but im at 100 already... bungle PLZZZZZzzz look in to this... is really doesn't matter if people wanta play all week... let them... REWARD THEM for playing your game.

Nothing stopping people playing all week. And now with Crucible rewards being close to par with Strike playlists it gives both crowds something to farm. The hard cap on marks is necessary to create a glass ceiling on progressing so you can't just continually buy gear.

Seems like Crucible is now dropping more legendary weapons than the Strike playlist ever did?

family-guy-good-good-o.gif

stb

20% aim assist reduction for hand cannons
20% damage falloff for hand cannons
20% damage falloff for shotguns
20% damage buff for auto rifles

see what happens

It'd be great if they'd do something like DICE is doing with BF4's CTE ("community test environment"); you opt into playing with various tweaks and beta changes so they can see how things like your above list actually shake out in play. After testing and tweaking throughout the quarter, they commit and release them to the public as official changes.

It'd be great if they'd do something like DICE is doing with BF4's CTE ("community test environment"); you opt into playing with various tweaks and beta changes so they can see how things like your above list actually shake out in play. After testing and tweaking throughout the quarter, they commit and release them to the public as official changes.

but that would make sense

Halo Reach had a Title Update beta playlist too. I think 343 did that though.

it's such a weird way to nerf a weapon class. Sounds like they just mess with the auto aim. I wish they'd remove that all together.

It's basically Reach's bloom system. If you fire too fast, your weapon will be less accurate. So you have to pace your shots to be consistent at range.

20% aim assist reduction for hand cannons
20% damage falloff for hand cannons
20% damage falloff for shotguns
20% damage buff for auto rifles

see what happens

Change all those 2s to 1s and I think you're right on.

20% discrepancies I think would be too much. Look at what 10% buff did to pulse rifles. Turned them from shitty, also-rans into arguably the second best PvP primary weapon class.

neoism

Nothing stopping people playing all week. And now with Crucible rewards being close to par with Strike playlists it gives both crowds something to farm. The hard cap on marks is necessary to create a glass ceiling on progressing so you can't just continually buy gear.

I understand that but with the buff in marks they REEEEALLLLLY should make it 200 + marks or more... its not like you could get 98723658239564 weapons or something at best it would be 2 weapons instead of 1 per 2 weeks... :/

the restrictions is this game makes me play it less.... not more.

nowai

My 2 cents about Pvp. It's completely broken and unbalances. Too many nerfs and buffs, final round, thorn DoT, hawkmoon's bullshit 1-2 shot kills, too much shotguns/fusion rifles/ sniper rifles 1 shot kills, how the entire team can get heavy ammo, supers, how players using supers get a buff which makes it harder to try to counter the supers, how supers chain up resulting in more supers, unbalance maps, the list goes on...cant forget my favorite, the horrible lag.

I wish they would simply double guardian HP.

...and completely remove final round from snipers and shot package/rangefinder from shotties.

vctor182

Legendary Weapon Perks
Hammer Forged has been removed from HoW shotguns.
Field Scout was replaced by Appended Magazine/Casket Mag, Extended Mag is on ARs.
Crowd Control was removed from HoW Hand Cannons.
Sniper Rifles can roll with Shoot to Loot; HoW Snipers can’t roll with Final Round.
Scout Rifles can roll with Full Auto.**
Auto Rifles can roll with Focused Fire.

Don't dismantle your old weapons!

** The rise of Scout Rifles!

Change all those 2s to 1s and I think you're right on.

20% discrepancies I think would be too much. Look at what 10% buff did to pulse rifles. Turned them from shitty, also-rans into arguably the second best PvP primary weapon class.

it's funny you mention that. autos were apparently only nerfed by 2.5%.

scouts were last buffed 6% and pulse rifles were 9% i believe.

balance is definitely a delicate thing.

Impala26

It's basically Reach's bloom system. If you fire too fast, your weapon will be less accurate. So you have to pace your shots to be consistent at range.

And you recall everyone just LOOOOOVVVVED that! XD

The result was 343i gave us the ZB (Zero Bloom) Slayer playlist. ZB Magnum was a thing of beauty and truly was the OG Hand Cannon, lol.

Deku Tree

My 2 cents about Pvp. It's completely broken and unbalances. Too many nerfs and buffs, final round, thorn DoT, hawkmoon's bullshit 1-2 shot kills, too much shotguns/fusion rifles/ sniper rifles 1 shot kills, how the entire team can get heavy ammo, supers, how players using supers get a buff which makes it harder to try to counter the supers, how supers chain up resulting in more supers, unbalance maps, the list goes on...cant forget my favorite, the horrible lag.

Agree with everything expecially the lag.... except I think it's good that your whole team can get the heavy because it promotes team work instead of everyone fighting over who gets the heavy.

You have to be careful when doing stuff like this, though. Otherwise you'll split the playerbase and matchmaking times will take a hit.

all they need is one beta playlist rotating 3v3 and 6v6 for a month. if they don't want to skew the population numbers, they should make some kind of opt-in tryout thing.

neoism

I wish they would simply double guardian HP.

...and completely remove final round from snipers and shot package/rangefinder from shotties.

I would murder a baby seal for an all weapons no ability version of PVP..... im sick of the titans win button more its not even funny... :/ NOOOO ABILITY play-list version PLEASE just guns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you recall everyone just LOOOOOVVVVED that! XD
When it comes to PVP all the unpopular ideas of the Halo games are in Destiny, along with the addition of class and item bonuses to further upset any balance.

I've just come to terms with the idea that its not meant to be balanced. Fun? Sure. Balanced and fair? Hell no.

LordofPwn

So Thorn needs to do less DoT, Last Word needs it so that it can't full auto in ADS and then also nerf it's range. Hawkmoon needs more impact. should do 100 base headshot damage, increase the range and stability slightly, could reduce fire rate if need be.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Posting for a new thread - anyone mind helping me with the PvE section of the thorn bounty? I will love you forever and ever :)
I am on this too, but shouldn't we wait til tomorrow? Wouldn't they drop at 331 for it?

edit: Hawkmoon doesn't need more impact! lol

Shotgun range fallout nerf needs to be more than 10 or 20%. I don't know why shotguns should be able to one hit kill outside of point blank range, especially shots to the body.

I would murder a baby seal for an all weapons no ability version of PVP..... im sick of the titans win button more is not even funny... :/ NOOOO ABILITY play-list version PLEASE

It would be real nice. There's no way they'll ever balance all the weapons. Might as well go one step further and just go with vanilla weapons.Would be a lot friendlier to newbies as well.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
One of the most unbalanced pvp shooters I've played. Nothing about it feels right.

Atone13

Posting for a new thread - anyone mind helping me with the PvE section of the thorn bounty? I will love you forever and ever :)

I am on this too, but shouldn't we wait til tomorrow? Wouldn't they drop at 331 for it?

Shotgun range fallout nerf needs to be more than 10 or 20%. I don't know why shotguns should be able to one hit kill outside of point blank range, especially shots to the body.

I completed mine yesterday and turned it for the gun, might turn out to be a mistake, but I'm okay with it either way. You could always complete the objective and wait to turn it in until tommorow. If you guys decide to do it now and want a third I'd be happy to come lend a hand. Just let me know if I should hop on the ps4.

Deku Tree

From a few videos that I saw I think that old exotics drop at 334 attack and have all the same upgrade and power nodes and all the same upgrade requirements as before to get to 365. So you only save an exotic shard by waiting probably.

boofa

Neo Member
A touch late since it was a couple of pages back, but this is MY baby. Could never get Field Choke with the rest, but I'll take Aggressive Ballistics in a pinch:
cwUW1J1.png

zewone

The only weapon class that needs a nerf in PVP is shotguns.

Damage needs to reduced. Way too easy to 1 shot someone at a decent range.

I feel that scouts and pulse rifles are just as deadly as hand cannons at this point.

And if you're calling for a AR buff, learn to use a real gun. :cool:

I've missed out on the weekly activites a few times recently due to not owning 'The Dark Below'. Is that going to get worse with the addition of HoW?

It's not the last step in the quest. To get Thorn you've got to return to The Speaker. http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/A_Light_in_the_Dark So just don't do that until tomorrow and you're golden.

That said, sploatee, you, and myself seem to be interested in it, which is enough to fill up a fireteam. We should find sometime we'll all be online to tackle it together. Later tonight, maybe?

nOoblet16

A touch late since it was a couple of pages back, but this is MY baby. Could never get Field Choke with the rest, but I'll take Aggressive Ballistics in a pinch:
cwUW1J1.png

That is basically what I want, I have field choke and lack hammer forged, instead I have the ability that lets me switch weapons (& aim quickly as a side hidden perk, quicker than the actual perk that increases aiming speed) and luck in the chamber. I wonder if re rolling IB shotgun now will result in not getting Hammer forged since HoW shotguns can't roll it.

Impala26

When it comes to PVP all the unpopular ideas of the Halo games are in Destiny, along with the addition of class and item bonuses to further upset any balance.

I've just come to terms with the idea that its not meant to be balanced. Fun? Sure. Balanced and fair? Hell no.

One of the most unbalanced pvp shooters I've played. Nothing about it feels right.

I've pretty much come to the same terms as well.
It's pretty much Super Smash Bros: The FPS
But for some odd reason despite this, it's still fun to me.
Though I can completely understand why people take a pass on Crucible entirely.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
yeah I don't know. there are lots of oneshots, OP weapons and "cheap" kills. But everyone has access to them, there are lots of different viable builds you can succeed except at what is apparently the highest level of competition :(). almost everything has a counter, and skill does almost always win out despite the chaos.

i can get behind the idea that it's not supposed to be balanced, I guess. But it's a lot of fun and could be more fun with some slight changes. If anything there should just be a hardcore playlist with no supers, class abilities or heavy for the more serious competitive aspects.
It's not the last step in the quest. To get Thorn you've got to return to The Speaker. http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/A_Light_in_the_Dark So just don't do that until tomorrow and you're golden.

That said, sploatee, you, and myself seem to be interested in it, which is enough to fill up a fireteam. We should find sometime we'll all be online to tackle it together. Later tonight, maybe?
I guess I'm not sure if the final product is created when you have the quest step to turn into the speaker, or when you actually go to talk to the speaker. I know that for example, the gunsmith has a bad juju waiting for me and it appears to be a 302 base one.

I guess I don't really care though, it'll have to be ascended either way. I'm not sure if sploatee is on the Xyor step or not, but sure, I'm in whenever.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've missed out on the weekly activites a few times recently due to not owning 'The Dark Below'. Is that going to get worse with the addition of HoW?
Sort of. There will be a new strike. But the nightfall and weekly heroic will also be different from one another each week, so you won't necessarily get screwed out of both.

LordofPwn

I would murder a baby seal for an all weapons no ability version of PVP..... im sick of the titans win button more its not even funny... :/ NOOOO ABILITY play-list version PLEASE just guns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What? I've played all 3 classes in pvp this past weekend and TITANs suck in PVP.

Give it ALL THE IMPACTS!!!

problem with shotgun range nerf is that a shotgun without shot package needs to be inside of someone to kill em.

They are going to have separate strikes for nightfall versus weekly so there could be a chance the weekly is using a vanilla Destiny strike versus the nightfall using the HoW strike but yeah you would still be missing out on something regardless. Get HoW.

Wallach

I don't know if I would start with the base shotgun stats. I'd probably start by retroactively ripping all Hammer Forged and maybe Rangefinder perks off shotguns. It looks like the new shotguns can't roll with Hammer Forged but so long as they grandfather in old shotguns it'll be a problem (and will grow into a bigger and different problem later between players).

I don't know if I would start with the base shotgun stats. I'd probably start by retroactively ripping all Hammer Forged and maybe Rangefinder perks off shotguns. It looks like the new shotguns can't roll with Hammer Forged but so long as they grandfather in old shotguns it'll be a problem (and will grow into a bigger and different problem later between players).

If shotguns can't be rerolled with hammer forged, they should also make it so shotguns that use an etheric light upgrade will lose it's hammer forged perk (same with snipers and final round).

So you can hold on to the old style ones with the fancy perks if you want, but they're just going to be slowly outclassed by newer weapons. Especially once Iron Baner/ToO starts kicking in and max stats matter.

Hoodbury

Speaking of using the Vex in the crucible, I just got my highest scored game last night, 8745 points. Put me at number 4 on the leaderboards for people on my friends list.

Number 3 is Yaser_Tech
Number 2 doesn't show
Number 1 is Router_Go_Vroom

I love this gun, I can actually kill people again and I don't even have crowd control unlocked yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom