• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I don't know. there are lots of oneshots, OP weapons and "cheap" kills. But everyone has access to them, there are lots of different viable builds you can succeed except at what is apparently the highest level of competition :(). almost everything has a counter, and skill does almost always win out despite the chaos.

i can get behind the idea that it's not supposed to be balanced, I guess. But it's a lot of fun and could be more fun with some slight changes. If anything there should just be a hardcore playlist with no supers, class abilities or heavy for the more serious competitive aspects.

I guess I'm not sure if the final product is created when you have the quest step to turn into the speaker, or when you actually go to talk to the speaker. I know that for example, the gunsmith has a bad juju waiting for me and it appears to be a 302 base one.

I guess I don't really care though, it'll have to be ascended either way. I'm not sure if sploatee is on the Xyor step or not, but sure, I'm in whenever.

I completed mine yesterday and turned it for the gun, might turn out to be a mistake, but I'm okay with it either way. You could always complete the objective and wait to turn it in until tommorow. If you guys decide to do it now and want a third I'd be happy to come lend a hand. Just let me know if I should hop on the ps4.

Sweet. Invites sent to the both of you. Thanks for helping, Atone.

Deku Tree

I guess I'm not sure if the final product is created when you have the quest step to turn into the speaker, or when you actually go to talk to the speaker. I know that for example, the gunsmith has a bad juju waiting for me and it appears to be a 302 base one.

It's possible that this will change tomorrow if you haven't picked it up yet.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't know if I would start with the base shotgun stats. I'd probably start by retroactively ripping all Hammer Forged and maybe Rangefinder perks off shotguns. It looks like the new shotguns can't roll with Hammer Forged but so long as they grandfather in old shotguns it'll be a problem (and will grow into a bigger and different problem later between players).
I'm not talking about reducing the base range stat, I'm talking about a PvP only nerf. I don't mind those perks (or shot package, which is huge) for PvE at all. I want an across the board range falloff for shotguns in the crucible.
It's possible that this will change tomorrow if you haven't picked it up yet.
Yeah, I'm just letting it sit on his table for the time being out of curiosity.

Lots of HoW Legendaries dropping in Crucible.

Fig and me and got one of these hunks of dung each.

GxBEdnL.gif

nowai

I would murder a baby seal for an all weapons no ability version of PVP..... im sick of the titans win button more its not even funny... :/ NOOOO ABILITY play-list version PLEASE just guns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am ok with supers because it gives lousy players a chance for a few kills each match. I assume you're talking about fist of panic and not the boss as fuck lightening grenade when you say "titan win button".

Grenades make the game a whole lot more fun and strategic for me to play. If titan's didn't have my personal favorite grenade in the game, my striker would never get any pvp action. I honestly prefer the bubble for it's utility and at will orb generation over hulk smash...but dem lightening grenades.

I also have an unhealthy love affair with my throwing knives. Playing on the titan, it's so painful when I don't have my 10 foot high five from my lock or throwing knives from my dear, sweet hunter.

I would very much like to see a game type with no heavy weapons though.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It comes after the PvP bit, where you have to kill people with void damage. I think the questline generally goes

do summoning pits -> Kill People in PvP with void -> defeat Xyor

Xyor spawns in a special instance of the Summoning Pits, a level 26 strike with heroic enabled. Maybe I just suck but I've found it impossible to do alone. If you're at the same stage of the quest I'm at the quest should be called "Corrupted Thorn"

Ah sorry cad, you're way ahead of me. I'm right at the first step. A long way to go before I get the good stuff.

Wallach

I'm not talking about reducing the base range stat, I'm talking about a PvP only nerf. I don't mind those perks (or shot package, which is huge) for PvE at all. I want an across the board range falloff for shotguns in the crucible.

Oh, they could do a ton of good with PvP-specific changes, they just can't seem to make up their mind if they want to go down that road or not. Other than the shotgun change I don't think they've taken that route even though it seems much preferable to their global balance adjustments (aka "whoops we wrecked an entire weapon category").

neoism

What? I've played all 3 classes in pvp this past weekend and TITANs suck in PVP.

Give it ALL THE IMPACTS!!!

problem with shotgun range nerf is that a shotgun without shot package needs to be inside of someone to kill em.

lol well your playing them wrong then every single one I come across it one shot melee or the charge move or whatever.. but Im a hunter player so yeah i still think they are over powered......

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh, they could do a ton of good with PvP-specific changes, they just can't seem to make up their mind if they want to go down that road or not. Other than the shotgun change I don't think they've taken that route even though it seems much preferable to their global balance adjustments (aka "whoops we wrecked an entire weapon category").
Well, my thinking is they've already shown shotguns to be something they're okay completely separating between the two modes.
Yeah, no problem, I need about 10 mins before I can hop on the PS4, so if you're still in need of third I'll gladly tag along.
So about 7 minutes from now, sounds perfect

neoism

I am ok with supers because it gives lousy players a chance for a few kills each match. I assume you're talking about fist of panic and not the boss as fuck lightening grenade when you say "titan win button".

Grenades make the game a whole lot more fun and strategic for me to play. If titan's didn't have my personal favorite grenade in the game, my striker would never get any pvp action. I honestly prefer the bubble for it's utility and at will orb generation over hulk smash...but dem lightening grenades.

I also have an unhealthy love affair with my throwing knives. Playing on the titan, it's so painful when I don't have my 10 foot high five from my lock or throwing knives from my dear, sweet hunter.

I would very much like to see a game type with no heavy weapons though.

lol funny because I find the only good grenade in the game for hunter is the tipmined like grenade.. ever other fuking one doesn't do shit... I miss halo stickies.. :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sweet. Hawk should be on soon as well, just finishing something up* in bloodborne
*getting his ass kicked for the 30th time and accomplishing nothing
lol funny because I find the only good grenade in the game for hunter is the tipmined like grenade.. ever other fuking one doesn't do shit... I miss halo stickies.. :/
weird, bladedancer flux grenade feels spot-on like the halo 2 fusion grenade to me.

stb

It's not "all shotguns" that are broken in PVP, though. Just perks that mitigate already-fairly-short range (especially shot package).

A base reduction would have 2 effects:
1) increase the exploitation of hand cannons with obnoxious ranges
2) shotguns with rangefinder/shotpackage/etc. would still have longer effective ranges than "base" shotguns without those perks.

It's not the guy running around with Found Verdict that is the problem. Even stuff like Swordbreaker (with hammer forged) isn't, ironically, breaking anything. It's shot package, especially in tandem with a range perk.

And, honestly, even these wouldn't be as big an issue without blink+shotgun.

so were there patch notes posted? i'm curious about what other vanguard changes they've made aside from separating weekly strikes. need that last bit of info and i'm drawing a blank.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's not "all shotguns" that are broken in PVP, though. Just perks that mitigate already-fairly-short range (especially shot package).

A base reduction would have 2 effects:
1) increase the exploitation of hand cannons with obnoxious ranges
2) shotguns with rangefinder/shotpackage/etc. would still have longer effective ranges than "base" shotguns without those perks.

It's not the guy running around with Found Verdict that is the problem. Even stuff like Swordbreaker (with hammer forged) isn't, ironically, breaking anything. It's shot package, especially in tandem with a range perk.

And, honestly, even these wouldn't be as big an issue without blink+shotgun.
found verdict with send it certainly was annoying the shit out of me before felwinter's lie existed, so we just disagree. no big deal.

I feel that shotguns should oneshot only at point-blank range in the Crucible. that's what it feels like a shotgun should be for to me. Regardless of how much its range-related perks can buff its effective engagement distance, I don't think any shotgun should be able to kill in one shot outside of what I think of as shotgun range. Some of the current combinations can do so outside of what I'd even describe as "close" range.

If you eliminate those perks, now we never get to play with them in PvE anymore either, where I find them appropriate and fun.

and yeah, whatever, make it so that you can't fire a shotgun coming out of Blink. Any specific nerf to the combination of Blink + Shotgun sounds great to me too.

edit: ok hopping on

Just had a group for salvage but it's time for dinner

I'll be back on soon! Let's do more Salvage and Key farming!!

Up to 7 keys now and 4 legenedary engrams.

found verdict with send it certainly was annoying the shit out of me before felwinter's lie existed, so we just disagree. no big deal.

I feel that shotguns should oneshot only at point-blank range in the Crucible. that's what it feels like a shotgun should be for to me. Regardless of how much its range-related perks can buff its effective engagement distance, I don't think any shotgun should be able to kill in one shot outside of what I think of as shotgun range. Some of the current combinations can do so outside of what I'd even describe as "close" range.

If you eliminate those perks, now we never get to play with them in PvE anymore either, where I find them appropriate and fun.

and yeah, whatever, make it so that you can't fire a shotgun coming out of Blink. Any specific nerf to the combination of Blink + Shotgun sounds great to me too.

edit: ok hopping on

a shotgun to me is something you whip out when an enemy gets too close or when you enter a close quarters space. bungie's description of special weapons was "in the moment, this is my best option" and we've clearly seen players doing incredibly well running around with them the entire match.

i don't think shotguns should be that kind of weapon. even without blink, a lot of players will just run and jump with their shotguns and get easy kills on unsuspecting players.

i think the game needs to punish that rushing behavior by making them wildly inaccurate while airborne. that alone will affect the blink combo.

noomi

Alright DGAF I'm out for the night, tomorrow will be a new and exciting endeavor for all of us.

I look forward to facing the challenges ahead with all of you.

See you there :)

EL CUCO

Everyone seemed like they had good connections...

Report them? Is this some sort of lag switch bullshit going on here?
Just looks like standard Destiny lag to me.
Damn, I'm at work right now if not I'd take it. Thanks though. :]

I guess Guardian Lord will be mine tonight.
Let me carry you to Guardian Lordship bro. My back is ready. The usual time, 6ish PST?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
a shotgun to me is something you whip out when an enemy gets too close or when you enter a close quarters space. bungie's description of special weapons was "in the moment, this is my best option" and we've clearly seen players doing incredibly well running around with them the entire match.

i don't think shotguns should be that kind of weapon. even without blink, a lot of players will just run and jump with their shotguns and get easy kills on unsuspecting players.

i think the game needs to punish that rushing behavior by making them wildly inaccurate while airborne. that alone will affect the blink combo.

yeah, exactly. that seems like a good tweak to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom