• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

black stig

Neo Member
Just in time for HoW. Baby Titan all grown up now...

5UqWFHw.jpg

nowai

lol funny because I find the only good grenade in the game for hunter is the tipmined like grenade.. ever other fuking one doesn't do shit... I miss halo stickies.. :/

I am a huge incendiary grenade fan. I don't use it for kills though. I throw it into areas I think I person will be and use it to start off an encounter. Mainly to DoT an opponent and follow the damage number to hunt them down.

With scavenger and knife juggler, I almost always have a knife or a nade when I need them.

stb

found verdict with send it certainly was annoying the shit out of me before felwinter's lie existed, so we just disagree. no big deal.

I feel that shotguns should oneshot only at point-blank range in the Crucible. that's what it feels like a shotgun should be for to me. Regardless of how much its range-related perks can buff its effective engagement distance, I don't think any shotgun should be able to kill in one shot outside of what I think of as shotgun range. Some of the current combinations can do so outside of what I'd even describe as "close" range.

I don't disagree about the range that shotguns, ideally, should OHK. The problem is that a base range decrease don't eliminate that; it just makes it so fewer rolls can do it. You'd still see the usual suspects killing you at beyond-point-blank range.

If you eliminate those perks, now we never get to play with them in PvE anymore either, where I find them appropriate and fun.

I wouldn't advocate any change that diminishes their utility in PVP. I'd rather see things like shot package just not work in PVP (e.g. the "Surplus" perk).

and yeah, whatever, make it so that you can't fire a shotgun coming out of Blink. Any specific nerf to the combination of Blink + Shotgun sounds great to me too.

The overarching issue with PVP is that they've demonstrated no ability map weapon types to effective ranges.

Snipers should own extra long range
Scouts should own long range
Pulses should own medium-long range
Assaults and hand cannons should be two different approaches to medium range (probably with lower range skewing toward HC and longer ranges toward AR)
Fusions should own low/medium-low range
Shotguns should own point blank range

The notion that a hand cannon shooting at a sniper/scout rifle is even remotely viable or ever advisable means the system is fundamentally flawed.

Until they get this basic concept addressed, bandaid nerf/buffs to specific weapon types or perks thereof only serve to create an untenable/unmaintanable series of exceptions that artificially retards pvp.

All this is said with the supposition that they WANT to balance PVP. I'd honestly almost rather they go balls out and make everything a little OP, relying on the logic that if everything is OP, nothing is. Also, given the mass audience of the game and the interrelationship between PVP and PVE/advancement, there's only so "serious"/"competitive" they can make PVP before alienating large chunks the user base.

All I know is that what they're currently doing does neither ("competitive" vs "silly OP fun") very well.

Namikaze1

I hate when people call you over while in the middle of something.

"Oh do this for me. It's not like you're busy or anything."

Oh no, it's not like I'm in the middle of a game.

Speaking of using the Vex in the crucible, I just got my highest scored game last night, 8745 points. Put me at number 4 on the leaderboards for people on my friends list.

Number 3 is Yaser_Tech
Number 2 doesn't show
Number 1 is Router_Go_Vroom

I love this gun, I can actually kill people again and I don't even have crowd control unlocked yet.

O.O woa nice, i don't remember what the score is. Might be 9.5k

HigXx

"Ohhh you can just pause it"

while in the middle of a raid has to be the worst

Raybunny

Got myself a Party Crasher +1 from salvage with

smooth ballistics / accurized ballistics / aggressive ballistics
hot swap
single point sling / snapshot / smallborne
Battle runner

yeah I don't know. there are lots of oneshots, OP weapons and "cheap" kills. But everyone has access to them, there are lots of different viable builds you can succeed except at what is apparently the highest level of competition :(). almost everything has a counter, and skill does almost always win out despite the chaos.

i can get behind the idea that it's not supposed to be balanced, I guess. But it's a lot of fun and could be more fun with some slight changes. If anything there should just be a hardcore playlist with no supers, class abilities or heavy for the more serious competitive aspects.

I guess I'm not sure if the final product is created when you have the quest step to turn into the speaker, or when you actually go to talk to the speaker. I know that for example, the gunsmith has a bad juju waiting for me and it appears to be a 302 base one.

I guess I don't really care though, it'll have to be ascended either way. I'm not sure if sploatee is on the Xyor step or not, but sure, I'm in whenever.
Nah I understand where you are coming from. It can be fun but for a competitive level, it is trash. Same goes for CoD. I mention before I personally know the MLG founders and announcers. It's funny, since they also agree Cod is trash for competitive games but they are under a contract so they have to deal with it.

"Ohhh you can just pause it"

while in the middle of a raid has to be the worst

The wife and I have an agreement that if it's pressing, we just do it ourselves. If we're just trying to be lazy, we will wait for the other person to finish whatever activity they are in (or find the nearest resting point).

didn't bungie say something about better performing players having better chances to get better rewards?

that seems like a bunch of bs to me so far

Shito

Opened like 60+ chests without any key, and after finally getting my first one, I get another one two chests later. RNGesus sure loves those stupid odds.
Also, for this asshole on the moon and his asshole shield, I feel kinda stupid trying to match the arc elementary to take him down: just shoot 6~7 horn rockets at him and voilà!

Final results before tomorrow: 1 legendary engram (helmet, meh), 2 keys, and a fuckton of blues.
My three characters are ready, all 6 bounties done on them all.

Frenden

Banned
Got my first drop. It's that scout rifle everyone was thinking was a weapon skin.

CFUds0kVIAAgVjp.jpg:large

Luck in the chamber, a perk that adds range and stability while reducing mag size (good for LitC), and third eye. I think I may just keep it as-is.

Got one passage coin from PvP match so that's one thing I can look forward to. Also got a decoherent engram from the same match which can't be decoded so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what it is (probably something useless as usual)

didn't bungie say something about better performing players having better chances to get better rewards?

that seems like a bunch of bs to me so far

That seems like a terrible idea. Imagine the next op weapon drops in the Crucible, skilled players will go on rampage with a gear advantage.

I've been thinking about Destiny 2 lately.

Now Destiny 1 is in a place I'm happy with in terms of actual playable content, player and inventory management and currency/economic ecosystems I would really hate Destiny 2 to be an entirely standalone bit of content that removed my ability to visit the Tower or Cosmodrome.

I'd much prefer Destiny 2 be a full game sized add-on to Destiny 1 so we would have

Destiny Base
The Dark Below
House of Wolves
Comet/Plague of Darkness
Vex
Forge of Gods
Destiny 2 Base

as one who explorable game.

I think it's asking a bit more to be honest but leaving behind all of Destiny 1 seems like a bad move.

World of Warcraft has been going 10 years and the wealth of content is really appealing.
Migrating a character to Destiny 2 and not being able to enjoy all of the content I've earned in thousands of hours of gameplay and replay the strikes, raids and arenas will be a jarring experience.

The game now is really really solid and I'd be happy if it was expanded on for the rest of the consoles lifespan.

stb

Just saw this on Reddit:

AkzYIq.jpg

Might be Felwinters successor

oh, good. Higher base everything AND shot package and another range/stability perk are possible. Oh, and luck in the chamber. At the same time.

I'm sure that won't break anything.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All I know is that what they're currently doing does neither ("competitive" vs "silly OP fun") very well.
*shrug* I think it's pretty fun. I actually don't really even have any serious issues with crucible right now outside of the crazy shotgun range. but I am absolutely not a serious competitive player.
Just saw this on Reddit:

AkzYIq.jpg

Might be Felwinters successor
the stability and higher rof make it monstrous even without any OP perks lol

mfn_pie

Looking forward to playing tonight. Trying to psyche myself up for Salvage.. Need to complete my exotic bounties. Looks like my work hours are shifting a bit so I should be on earlier than midnight eastern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom