• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd. PSN seems convinced I never bought TDB dlc. Clicking on purchase doesn't lead anywhere though. I wonder if it's related to the network troubles

stb

*shrug* I think it's pretty fun. I actually don't really even have any serious issues with crucible right now outside of the crazy shotgun range. but I am absolutely not a serious competitive player.

I'm terrible at crucible, and somewhat-above-average in more competitive shooters (BF), so I don't intend to suggest I'm an authority (not that you've insinuated I think I do).

I play it because it's a good mix of advancement (unlocking bubbles for things), getting drops (even just for class materials), and it's fun enough that I don't hate grinding it (despite being terrible at it).

It's just not "crazy fun" for me; i.e. I don't think I'd play it absent the advancement/drops.

My pet peeve is HC range. I've cursed Thorn and HM far more than any shotgun, even including blink.

My parting shot (package) about shotguns is that I'd ask you to take note of which shotguns you're getting killed at "crazy range" by, and how many of them involve blink before damning all shotguns to fistfight range. I think you'll find the majority fall into the category of "blink" and "range-related perks". Given how slow they are to iterate, it'd also be a good idea for them to try things that have less of an impact first and keep dialing it up until it feels better, rather than going nuclear (reduce shotgun range uniformly/across the board. 1-2% too far would render them useless (see: Assault Rifles).

Swag game on point.

CFUjh2XW0AE6N_q.jpg

Parthenon using his new auto rifle.

Frenden

Banned
New goal: scout rifle with a high rof like the drop I just received. But with full auto and explosive rounds.

PEW BOOM PEW BOOM PEW BOOM.

hydruxo

Unless you just mean cheese him, I don't get how this solves the problem of him healing :(

Isn't there a cheese where his chikage health drain slowly kills him? Been a while since I've played BB but I remember something like that

On-topic, definitely gotta get some more Salvage in tonight. I need dat shotgun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Isn't there a cheese where his chikage health drain slowly kills him? Been a while since I've played BB but I remember something like that
yeah, I refuse to do anything like that.

so I'll just be here for a few more... weeks...
New goal: scout rifle with a high rof like the drop I just received. But with full auto and explosive rounds.

PEW BOOM PEW BOOM PEW BOOM.
You'll be able to reforge it, won't you?

Korosenai

Got my first drop. It's that scout rifle everyone was thinking was a weapon skin.

CFUds0kVIAAgVjp.jpg:large

Luck in the chamber, a perk that adds range and stability while reducing mag size (good for LitC), and third eye. I think I may just keep it as-is.
did you get this from crucible?

Frenden

Banned
yeah, I refuse to do anything like that.

so I'll just be here for a few more... weeks...

You'll be able to reforge it, won't you?

Yeah. I really like this roll as-is. I need to get another high RoF archetype to tinker with. (Dead Orbit sells a full auto one tomorrow too.)

EL CUCO

Unless you just mean cheese him, I don't get how this solves the problem of him healing :(
Well it's not the Chikage cheese, but the fight on the stairs is slightly easier because the AI is kinda in between wanting to go back to his spot and fighting you. It's still a fight, but it's like his skill set is limited on the stairs.

Gah, I don't want to be at work right now, especially with salvage and new legendaries dropping. I probably won't get to play till Thursday and it's killing me.

WizzNARD

So I've been out of the loop somewhat as far as destiny goes, jumped back in last week after not even playing any of tdb.

As far as crucible goes, ARs are worthless now? If so what should I use? Sucks because I tend to enjoy auto rifles more altogether as compared to scout or pulse. I do have a last word, hardly leveled at all, but was never too great with HCs.

Also, as far as gear goes, I should just not worry about light levels and what not until tomorrow? I stopped at 28. My gear is mostly leveled, was always in need of shards!

BondFancy

A14Ve2m.jpg

BF4nI36.jpg

Gotta love the contradictory perks.

r7qprBf.jpg

W5ZSAZI.jpg

oIMiv3c.jpg

Pretty damn good machine gun, compared it with jolders, huge mag. Got these 2 back to back in salvage.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What happened to you GAF.

I beat that goddamn hunter YES and then snapped my losing streak in rumble finally damn.

Looking to play a bit of Salvage now.

holy cow that fusion and machine gun. need to see the first one with accelerated coils.

Xamdou

What's up with this damn game? I can't receive game invites or send them out. I just want to finish up the hard mode Crota boss raid.

BokehKing

Banned
Any treasure key farming groups? I'll do anything

(took off Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, between this and the Witcher I'm going to see no sun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom