• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb

I'll take over for posting for the later group, so you don't have to stay on top of it. Thanks again for the time you put into getting this together everyweek!

I have to see what will be going on with that. Since I usually can't play until later, I'll have to run through all the story missions before doing anything on all 3 characters, I might not be ready for PoE until Wednesday. If there are people around who still need to do story missions that late, that could be a fun for a group.

Happy to help organize. Doing it for 2 teams doesn't take significantly longer than doing it for one. Definitely feel free to take over for the late group now.

For PoE next Tuesday, hopefully we can "hitch a ride" with people who have already done the story stuff to unlock PoE, and not all have to do it to join them. My Warlock is 32 and hasn't done even the first Eris mission, because I always just join someone else for the raid, so I hope it works like that.

I'd imagine the same people that raid late will want to PoE late, too. My only concern is the "daytime" people now only need 3 to do the content, so we'll have to see how that shakes out.

It'd be great if you could talk to your team tonight, though, so we can have at least some idea.

What are some legendary pulse rifles with comparable performance to the Stranger's Rifle?
That gun is amazing but unfortunately not viable for end-game.

As others said above, 3LW is pretty good. I used the vendor version a lot in PvP.
Just shoot the body first and let the recoil kick up and shoot the head for bonus precision damage. I don't think there are great legendary pulse rifles for end-game content though, besides maybe the Oversoul Edict.

I never use them but I have heard 3 Little Words is top-notch. Give that a look. I've used the CE Pulse and it's interesting. Full auto, Arc, shoots through Knight shields. Not my cup of tea though.

Red Death is amazing for PvP though.

I might pick three little words before the DLC drops. Red Death is a great pulse rifle but it doesn't feel as good as the Stranger's Rifle. I haven't spent much with Oversoul Edict as most of my PVP time is using Thorn.

I used Stranger's while leveling up my alt last night and something just clicked. I think it will be my go-to PVP primary for a while.

Want to have a good 365 damage PR ready for the Trials. Third Eye with the vendor Three Little Words is appealing.

Wonder what the new pulse rifles will be like?

As others said above, 3LW is pretty good. I used the vendor version a lot in PvP.
Just shoot the body first and let the recoil kick up and shoot the head for bonus precision damage. I don't think there are great legendary pulse rifles for end-game content though, besides maybe the Oversoul Edict.
Thanks.

By end-game, I mean Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris. I would only use a pulse rifle in PVE if arc burn is on - Oversoul Edict is awesome then.

I've seen some bad lag in my time, but this takes the piss.

7P45BU.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I've got the TV tonight woo! Gf is going to bed early. So to make up for us not watching real housewives/ millionaire matchmaker / made in Chelsea I'm gonna play loadsa destiny!

blackjaw

I've got the TV tonight woo! Gf is going to bed early. So to make up for us not watching real housewives/ millionaire matchmaker / made in Chelsea I'm gonna play loadsa destiny!

Gotta get that second TV. Or Vita if you have to be in the same room watching that crap.

Protip: works for me

th3dude

If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian). No Sword School this weekend as I'm out of town.

Wednesday - 5/13 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid Sign Up Here - (2 spots left)
These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

This is good motivation to get leveled to 30. If I can, I'm in.

At 28 now with 30-viable gear, just need the mats. I'll let you know!

Namikaze1

Anyone interested in being a part of the Get BreezyLimbo his Hezen raid team?

We're doing VoG HM from Oracles 3 times.

When: 4 PM EST (in 2 hours and 44 minutes)

Console: PS4

1) Hezen Destroyer namikaze1
2) The Hezen-less Breezy
3) Gonna steal Breezy's Hezen RetroGamer42
4)
5)
6)

Kyne

If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian). No Sword School this weekend as I'm out of town.

Wednesday - 5/13 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid Sign Up Here - (2 spots left)
These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

heyyyy I signed my gf and I up for the last two spots (I hope). I really appreciate what you do for the community and look forward to Wednesday.

If for whatever reason we both didn't get in (Chrnocide/shadyderp) then someone can have my spot :x

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Those other things sound pretty fun too though.

Dude! Lucy is so obviously a good friend to Steph I'm sick of josh trying to turn her against her it's ridiculous it's so annoying when girls let boys do that and Lucy is just amazing and the best and totes wears the best hats

only half joking

Gotta get that second TV. Or Vita if you have to be in the same room watching that crap.

Protip: works for me

haha. I do the remote play! Great time to do those easy bounties :)

2) The Hezen-less Breezy
4) me
5)
6)

I'm down.

2) The Hezen-less Breezy
4)
5)
6)

I am down for this. I should be home from work by then.

I got two Hezens last week :)

Homeboyd

GOOD LORD my nightfall drops were insane

The Last Word
Gjallarhorn
Helm of Saint 14

best week ever tbh
Nice! Last week I got:

Skullfort (#2)
Ice Breaker (#6 or 7)
Gjallarhorn (#7)

Destiny is going to rain shit pulse rifles on me this week b/c of those drops. I know it.

COILED HISS!!!

traveler

Not Wario
Anyone up for PSN nightfalls? (Saw the group above, but looks like it's full) I need to run it 3 times.

1. traveler (PSN: grayfour)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
heyyyy I signed my gf and I up for the last two spots (I hope). I really appreciate what you do for the community and look forward to Wednesday.

If for whatever reason we both didn't get in (Chrnocide/shadyderp) then someone can have my spot :x
We're one over a full party now (for some reason, my add-on that closes the form after 5 responses just stopped working a couple weeks ago... shrug), but I'd like to get you two in!

ArchonDragon and Eidelon have both run with me a few times- sorry to ask, but would one of you guys be willing to give up your spot?

Axoman

Example:

Despite having significantly lower impact, Word of Crota does more damage per shot than Fatebringer at 331 vs 300. Taken to 365, FB would have fallen even further behind if it weren't possible to upgrade it. It would nearly perform on par with scout rifles at that point in terms of damage per bullet except with the range and RoF limitations of a HC.

At 365, it will reclaim its spot as a hard hitting deliverer of the inevitable.

Assuming you are level 31 or 32, on a red bar level 31 enemy, a maxed word does 1540 damage per headshot. A maxed Fatebringer does 1504 damage per headshot.

When ascending both to 365, the Word will do roughly 1755 damage per headshot and Fatebringer will do about 1925 per headshot.

For legendaries, from 300-331 is roughly 14% damage increase and from 331 to 365 is another 14%.

When it comes to the debate about ascending armor or weapons first, it's always better to get to a higher light level first if you have to choose.

Namikaze1

And we're full

2) The Hezen-less Breezy
4) DiscreteCat (I got Nothing)
5) Queen of the Hunters and Lady of Strong Back Figadapaura
6) Mass Appeal (I got nothing)

GhaleonEB

The only thing to watch out for is if you have a group of thralls coming at you, after the 1st one makes you invisible, the rest 'remember' where you were and will still jump and attack the spot you were in. It's weird, I know.

Yup. What I'll generally do is, rather than stay stationary and wait to get hit, I'll approach the pack at an angle. That way I take a blow from the first, but am moving quickly to the side of their approach vector and get out of the way of follow ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom