• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost the game but first HoW legendary!!!

H1NufON.jpg

Congrats!!!

I gave up. After 11 matches now and not one drop for anyone on my team I just don't care anymore.

=...(

Played 5 salvage matches and got two HoW legendaries. Nice.

Gonna hit the sack. Can't wait to get home from work and see the state of this game. Hopefully some surprises that Bungie is hiding from us.

Makikou

How is HoW? :D

I am still debating whether i want to get in or not. Never bothered finishing Crota's End because i think Crota was disappointing as hell as a boss fight so i am not 32.

I don't understand these drop rates.

Please be aware that for anyone going into Salvage it is NOT raining legendaries.

You may very well end up with 11 matches completed with nothing.

ethomaz

Banned
I don't understand these drop rates.

Please be aware that for anyone going into Salvage it is NOT raining legendaries.

You may very well end up with 11 matches completed with nothing.
I almost don't get legendaries in Crucible and I got 5 in 20 matches... the drop rate is absurd (every time at least one guy got a legendary in the match I played).

blackjaw

Of coarse it's random. But the drop rate has certainly been increased.

Certainly increased...saw at least one legendary per match and even an exotic in my 10 matches played tonight...that use to be absurdly rare. I didn't see anything drop for me, but my number will roll one day,

Also, Grats Mildsoss on 'beating' the game!

Of coarse it's random. But the drop rate has certainly been increased.

seriously how are people complaining about this

crucible rewards used to be totally useless.. we've already seen many people get legendaries in only 1 day of salvage

Haha just seems like people either got a bunch or none. But yes I definitely appreciate these rewards if the trend continues. The rewards were beyond awful and the increase in both marks and legendary drops are welcoming.

Edit: And I only saw 1 legendary drop in all my matches today. Granted I never stayed in the same session for more than 2 matches. Not sure if that plays any role or not.

ethomaz

Banned
Edit: And I only saw 1 legendary drop in all my matches today. Granted I never stayed in the same session for more than 2 matches. Not sure if that plays any role or not.
You watched if the other team got legendaries? I didn't have any match where one of the 6 guys didn't get.

The last I played the rival team got 2 legendaries.

Wallach

Really seems like Titans are kind of getting boned on the new exotic front.

I don't even really know what the point of Peregrine Greaves is supposed to be. Unless it is something dumb like +20,000 damage I can't figure out why we'd equip this item.

Eternal Warrior... uh huh. Right, next.

ACD/0 Feedback Fence might be situationally useful, but the proc will have to be fairly meaty and anything other than a super short cooldown will hurt it a ton. Seems like it will have few applications outside PvP.

This was confirmed earlier today. More keys equals more RNG rolls in a week. Just need to know what's in those rolls to know if it's worth the grind.

Is it like a Gorgon chest or a lame chest that gives mats?

I guess I'm late to the party...

Edit: Start at 1 minute

"There are multiple chests in the treasure room and only one requires a treasure key to unlock. The ultimate chest will have a chance of rewarding exotics, legendary queen gear, fallen themed exotics, strange coin, and motes of light."

https://youtu.be/lNMwUmFhq4s

Currently doing the Queen's Wrath Bounties and I've completed two of them. Got Ether Keys but don't know what type of chest I should be looking for. Anyone have a pic of what I need to find?

Wallach

Currently doing the Queen's Wrath Bounties and I've completed two of them. Got Ether Keys but don't know what type of chest I should be looking for. Anyone have a pic of what I need to find?

It looks like a regular Fallen-themed chest (like the one you find in the nearby caves), but from a distance you'll see a golden light beam shooting up out of it. Look for that light beam in the environment.

Frenden

Banned
I don't see how a HUGE increase in likely legendary drops can possibly be construed as a negative.

I'm the last person to be a Destiny apologist, but individually having a string of bad luck and not getting something doesn't run counter to the fact that legendaries are dropping at much, much, much higher rates now.

I don't see how a HUGE increase in likely legendary drops can possibly be construed as a negative.

I'm the last person to be a Destiny apologist, but individually having a string of bad luck and not getting something doesn't run counter to the fact that legendaries are dropping at much, much, much higher rates now.

I think people just get upset when they're on the unlucky side of RNG especially when the new content drops. That maybe mixed with people not really liking PvP is what probably makes people more upset.

I remember when Crota first dropped and people would get upset at not getting any gear drops on the very first runthrough. We all just want the good stuff right away! Haha

Zocano

Is there any efficient way of hopping between HoW chests/targets? I'm just going between two of the spots on the same planet and just waiting till it pops before swapping to the other.

I don't mind the 'epic lootz' dropping alot more. Gives people more of a free choice on what to use instead of being funneled into whatever drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom